daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > Forum Pencakar Langit Malaysia > Pengangkutan

Pengangkutan aviation, automotive, rail and urban transportation

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old March 20th, 2015, 06:29 PM   #4241
archilover

Likes (Received): 1204

lol,cant they just remove the meru utama logo and contact no on the billboard?it ruins the beauty of the advertisment..
archilover no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old March 27th, 2015, 05:06 PM   #4242
gabriellim
Daily Commuter

Likes (Received): 277

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bourgandy View Post
Another big screen for advertisement... -_-

The next "KL Sentral" i guess..
At least they have allocated a big screen at the entrance from the shopping floors to the check-in islands to indicate the estimated time of departure (ETD), check-in counter and gates of all the flights.

The same cannot be said for KL Sentral since the only departure / arrival screen broke down more than a decade ago not long after KLS was opened.

ILM liked this post
gabriellim no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 31st, 2015, 11:53 AM   #4243
ddes

Likes (Received): 335

I flew to KL for the weekend, and I was remarkably surprised how unsecured KLIA2 was. I mean, you'd think after MH370, they would step up, but nope.
ddes no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 31st, 2015, 03:21 PM   #4244
atmapgnew

Likes (Received): 603

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddes View Post
I flew to KL for the weekend, and I was remarkably surprised how unsecured KLIA2 was. I mean, you'd think after MH370, they would step up, but nope.

As in no visible 'armed' police and/or airport personnel ???
atmapgnew no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 1st, 2015, 04:21 AM   #4245
ddes

Quote:
Originally Posted by atmapgnew View Post
As in no visible 'armed' police and/or airport personnel ???
At the security screenings, there's quite obviously nobody watching the X-ray machines. There are guards waving their wands, but that's about it.

Once at the gate, agents ask for boarding pass (and not passport), and while the entry and exit of the gate holding area is initially enforced, it is after a while, not. Hence, people can walk in and out of the gate holding area as and when they please. This last past is scary, as there's no more identification check already.

Even if somehow everything works behind the scenes, I cannot imagine the chaos of Chinese tourists, as well as migrant laborers who are accustomed to flying. It is entirely plausible for them to end up on the wrong flight.
Old April 1st, 2015, 04:25 AM   #4246
atmapgnew

Likes (Received): 603

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddes View Post
At the security screenings, there's quite obviously nobody watching the X-ray machines. There are guards waving their wands, but that's about it.

Once at the gate, agents ask for boarding pass (and not passport), and while the entry and exit of the gate holding area is initially enforced, it is after a while, not. Hence, people can walk in and out of the gate holding area as and when they please. This last past is scary, as there's no more identification check already.

Even if somehow everything works behind the scenes, I cannot imagine the chaos of Chinese tourists, as well as migrant laborers who are accustomed to flying. It is entirely plausible for them to end up on the wrong flight.

Ah, so it's more towards the 'management' of the holding/boarding gates & not the overall security of the terminal building lah ???

ILM liked this post
atmapgnew no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 2nd, 2015, 02:50 AM   #4247
ddes

Quote:
Originally Posted by atmapgnew View Post
Ah, so it's more towards the 'management' of the holding/boarding gates & not the overall security of the terminal building lah ???
Isn't that bad enough? That passengers, civilians or hijackers alike can board any flight, carry anything aboard as long as they are ticketed to anywhere?
Old April 3rd, 2015, 01:06 AM   #4248
dengilo

Likes (Received): 1155

Everything thats wrong with this new terminal starts when u get off the aircraft!Especially
arriving at the international terminal.Its the complete opposite experience for departure.As if MAHB is determine to make it as difficult as possible for the paxs.The Skybridge might look nice in photos but in reality its part of the culprit that causes slow and troublesome people movement towards the main terminal.MAHB will have to find creative ways to improve it.

Duty free shopping is not the most pleasant experience.Customs should get their act together.The red and green lanes should be very clear.If i have nothing to declare why should waste my time showing them my dirty underwear on their Xray machines ?

fairul, sapphire blue liked this post
dengilo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 3rd, 2015, 07:20 AM   #4249
ddes

I would describe KLIA2 as a flagship store built by a home contractor. On the airside, I see hints of CDG S3, S4, but the designers of KLIA2 may have overlooked the little details which makes that mega terminal work. As a result, there's a lot of space wasted on structures to hold the roof up. Honestly, with the concourses being so narrow and inadept security officers, I'm wondering why they didn't just opt for a common gate hold area.

Outside, I'm okay with it but just wished it was better signed.

dengilo liked this post

Last edited by ddes; April 3rd, 2015 at 07:27 AM.
Old April 3rd, 2015, 08:22 AM   #4250
nazrey

Likes (Received): 2596

KLIA2 by tomsweisiong2, on Flickr

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- |
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
|
|
|
|

Alor Setar, Ipoh, Johor Bahru, Kangar, Kota Bahru, Kota Kinabalu, Kuantan, Kuala Terengganu, Kuching, Seremban, Shah Alam, etc!
nazrey no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 3rd, 2015, 08:24 AM   #4251
nazrey

Likes (Received): 2596

DSC00891 9M-XXO KLIA2 M by maswengskul, on Flickr

- |
|
|
|
|
|

Alor Setar, Ipoh, Johor Bahru, Kangar, Kota Bahru, Kota Kinabalu, Kuantan, Kuala Terengganu, Kuching, Seremban, Shah Alam, etc!
nazrey no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 4th, 2015, 01:27 AM   #4252
dexter.yyunus

Likes (Received): 86

Quote:
Originally Posted by dengilo

The red and green lanes should be very clear.If i have nothing to declare why should waste my time showing them my dirty underwear on their Xray machines ?

I guess, eventhough u have nothing to declare but if u look suspicious, u still need to go through the Xray machines.

Sent using Forum Fiend v1.3.1.
dexter.yyunus no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 4th, 2015, 02:02 AM   #4253
W3raq
PATRIOTS

Likes (Received): 429

i can't find Johnny Rockets in KLIA2. Where the JR KLIA2 located?
W3raq no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 4th, 2015, 02:11 AM   #4254
dexter.yyunus

Likes (Received): 86

Quote:
Originally Posted by W3raq
i can't find Johnny Rockets in KLIA2. Where the JR KLIA2 located?
Departure hall, from the entrance, turn left and walk until u see JR on your left.

Sent using Forum Fiend v1.3.1.
dexter.yyunus no está en línea   Reply With Quote