daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > Forum Pencakar Langit Malaysia > Countdown to 2020

Countdown to 2020 new projects, proposals, under-construction updates and news of developments & construction projects.

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old July 25th, 2015, 04:27 AM   #101
FayedLee

Likes (Received): 519

JB is really far from PTP even Tuas. No so much land facing Tuas. Only kampung facing Forest City left which possibly for industrial sector and shipyard in future. It's more about controlling land price. The rest are gazetted by PTP and owned by UEM and Sunway Iskandar on 2nd link other side. Recently Forest City is building Tourism Hub, hotel, terminal etc (phase 1). So much undeveloped land dotted everywhere in JB are controlled by Malaysian developers. Might late but market is possibly mature at that time.
FayedLee no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old July 25th, 2015, 05:50 AM   #102
dengilo

Likes (Received): 1266

Bro take another look at the Malaysian Map especially that part!Never mind they can knock them self silly reclaiming that part but beyond that towards Kukup its almost open sea toward the straits of Melaka and the straits of Singapore.If the Singaporeans can actually create a Mega Port out of nothing why cant we?That area can be the biggest open bay for ships to drop anchor.Lets give the Singaporeans a run for the money what they can offer we can do better and cheaper .That corner of the straits of Melaka is just so strategic .May be we just so blind to realize it all these years!

wongbatu, FayedLee, faizul_k liked this post
dengilo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 25th, 2015, 06:28 AM   #103
wongbatu

Likes (Received): 65

Quote:
Originally Posted by dengilo View Post
Bro take another look at the Malaysian Map especially that part!Never mind they can knock them self silly reclaiming that part but beyond that towards Kukup its almost open sea toward the straits of Melaka and the straits of Singapore.If the Singaporeans can actually create a Mega Port out of nothing why cant we?That area can be the biggest open bay for ships to drop anchor.Lets give the Singaporeans a run for the money what they can offer we can do better and cheaper .That corner of the straits of Melaka is just so strategic .May be we just so blind to realize it all these years!
I'm agreed with you..i think the reclaimed land by Banelec even more strategic than Tuas mega port.What a silly governance to throw away this golden opportunity.

dengilo, FayedLee, faizul_k liked this post
wongbatu no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 25th, 2015, 10:28 PM   #104
FayedLee

Banelec is the closest to PTP, no need to look Kukup since no highway and very far from 2nd link. Hopefully can move this petrochemical complex to Pengerang. Pengerang itself can bet Jurong petrochemical hub. So, we'll have mega port and petrochemical hub like SG too. Plus, we could expand PTP until Tanjung Piai or maybe Kukup in future without any obstruction.

We're out of topic, not related to Forest City thread. Let's move on. Critics/comments are welcomed.
Old July 26th, 2015, 12:29 AM   #105
dengilo

Likes (Received): 1266

Fair enoughI actually would love to know who is the genius who came up with this" For Rest City"idea.
dengilo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 26th, 2015, 02:02 AM   #106
JB Citizens (+_+)
"DAULAT TUANKU"

Likes (Received): 686

Source: http://news.asiaone.com/news/singapo...s-johor-sultan

Forest City's critics are jealous: Johor Sultan

"They politicised Forest City because they are jealous. It's a case of sour grapes," Sultan Ibrahim said, without saying who he was referring to.

"If you say narrowing the straits, look at Pulau Tekong," he said, referring to ongoing reclamation on the island that is close to Pengerang on Johor's south-eastern coast.

He said "I am sure Singapore followed all the rules", adding that Johor, too, had its own plans that it needed to implement.

Brown_Eastern, aim11086 liked this post
JB Citizens (+_+) no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 26th, 2015, 04:57 PM   #107
ddes

Likes (Received): 414

As a Singaporean, I don't have any issues with Forest City per se, but my problem with the project is that is it even attractive to live in between what is arguably the busiest port outside China? Not to mention, Tuas is pretty polluted.

dengilo, FayedLee liked this post
ddes está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old July 26th, 2015, 06:21 PM   #108
daeng_jal

Likes (Received): 420

Quote:
Originally Posted by dengilo View Post
I guess building a port is hard work . u sunk in a lot of capital then compete not only with an efficiently run PSA but PTP as well, so it's risky, building home on the other hand is simple, just sold it to those so called flippers, investors, what ever and let them take the risk on whatever should happen.

the benelac land reclamation isn't approved by the federal government yet, but it basically the same thing, reclaimed a land, called it a maritime industrial something when in fact it just a conned to get investors buying the reclaimed land at Super inflated profit so they could absorbed the risk and maybe sell it to someone who would actually buy it to build a factory.

personally, I have no ideas why they doing it. if it were me, and all I'm interested in short term profit as well as to provide constant income to my clan, I will actually lease it to the singaporean to extend their mega port rather than playing property speculation.

hartal day and melaka maju 2010 day are my birthday, hope the gomen will make it a public holiday
daeng_jal no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 27th, 2015, 06:17 AM   #109
FayedLee

I think we're really more concern about PTP expansion in future. Recently, PTP is not fully completed yet according to master plan. Absolutely right building a mega port is not easy as Tuas mega port with the present anchor at Pasir Panjang and Tanjung Pagar. Because they just move all the ports into one. But once port expansion is limited like Pasir Gudang in 1995, we may need to build another port far away again, possibly Tanjung Piai.

IMO, difficult to judge Forest City because it's not similar to Danga Bay or even JB. I'm more interested to know how this Malaysia's biggest duty-free zone will benefit Johor instead of luxury residential area in this man-made islands, leveraging on its proximity to Singapore. Can Johor's GDP surpass Klang Valley by this RM600 billion project? What can we expect from Forest City?

dengilo liked this post

Last edited by FayedLee; July 27th, 2015 at 10:40 AM.
Old July 27th, 2015, 09:27 AM   #110
ddes

Likes (Received): 414

Perhaps one motivation behind Forest City over PTP expansion is the development of the ultra large container vessel series. With their large sizes, higher capacities and longer ranges, it is slowly erroding the role of transhipment ports. For example, even when taken together, PTP-SG-Klang-Tanjong Priok growth lags behind China-Europe traffic numbers, indicating that ships are bypassing ports. Therefore, property seems like an easier revenue source than shipping, with the risk to the state lesser since all they need to do is sell land.

Johor's GDP will certainly exceed Klang Valley, but it's riding on a thriving construction sector - not wrong, especially in times of recession, construction helps spur economic development. How it sustains afterward, and not suffer the property bubble burst of Bangkok in the late 1990s, is the real challenge.

dengilo, daeng_jal, FayedLee liked this post
ddes está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote