SkyscraperCity Forum banner

SANTIAGO | Costanera Center | 300m | 984ft | 62 fl | Com

950K views 3K replies 670 participants last post by  Oasis-Bangkok 
#1 · (Edited)
Costanera Center

I’m pleased to present you the project for the Southamerica’s tallest skyscraper and Latinamerica’s tallest office building. With its 60 floors and 257 metres (843 feet) height is going to be an urban and architectonic landmark for Santiago...

The tallest tower is part of a huge commercial complex that includes 2 hotels ( 35 floors), 1 mall, 2 markets, cinemas, and parking places for 4500 vehicles. This tower will surpass to the recently announced “Torre Portada de Vitacura” (181 mts. 593.83 ft.) over 70 mts. (229.65 ft.).

This project was announced a few days ago, with a great expectancy in press media, being its more significant fact that the Chile’s President, Ricardo Lagos was invited by Horst Paulmann, president of Cencosud group, owner of this project, to the inaugural ceremony of construction works.

Info:

The total cost of the 600.000 m² complex is 300 million dollar.

Detail:
*4 level Mall
*200 satellite commercial places.
*2 level ”Jumbo” supermarket 15.000 m².
*”Easy” home & construction market.
*”Santa Isabel” supermarket.
*Retail ( “Paris” & “Ripley” ) commercial stores.
*Food garden with Panoramic view for 2.000 people.
*”Paseo Gatronomico” with a cofee and restaurants promenade .
*14 “Movieland” cinemas.
*”Aventura” Center with Bowling lanes
*5 level parking places for 4.500 vehicles.

Construction info:

Great tower professionals:

Pelli - Clark - Pelli, one of the world’s high rises and skyscrapers most prestigious architects, author of:
Petronas Towers in Kuala Lumpur, 2WFC in Hong Kong.

Thornton - Tomasetti, estructural engineers. Works: Taipei 101, Petronas Towers.

Professionals involved in this urban development:

Alemparte & Barreda y Asociados, one of the most prestigious architecture offices of Chile
Watt International, a Canadian design office with great experience on Cencosud projects (owner of Costanera Center).
Rene Lagos y Asociados, estructural engineer with a vast experience and prestige in Chile.

The tower will be located among several under construction high rise projects of Las Condes and Providencia districts:

Thanks to, Pablo Ateaga, erlucho (master), Poroto, chilean forumers...

Courtesy of erlucho

Seen from San Cristobal Hill

View from Costanera Avenue

Night panoramic view

Night street level view

Works:

Inauguration ceremony
Pictures courtesy of Pablo Ateaga

Newspaper images of this project:
(Las Ultimas Noticias)

See less See more
#2,047 ·
i have not been paying close attention to the most recent developments here on SSC, but ¿have they announced anything regarding towers 1 and 2? ¿any news at all? ¿are they still "on hold"?

¿any exterior pics of the complex at ground level showing where towers 1 and 2 would have their lobbies or entrances?

#2,044 · (Edited)
There are many other cities with similar backdrops like Tehran, Calgary, Torino, Salt Lake, ect. Santiago is one of these, with its particular characteristics.

Though Hong Kong is an amazing city I don't think HK has 5.400m tall snowy mountains near the city.

San Pedro Garza Garcia, Mexico. GORGEOUS CITY, with a growing skyline
Nice City indeed, but is kind of difficult to see frequently its mountains covered with snow.

#2,046 ·
other

#2,050 ·
grass ass, miguel. i can picture it now.

i was in santiasco in january and walked around the complex, but because the "on hold" towers look to be the same level as the top of the mall, i couldn't figure out where they were supposed to be located. now i can see the exterior glass, which distinguishes it from the mall. salu2.

#2,054 ·
#2,062 ·
just to add an explanation (or "explication", as they say in spanglish :)), La Parva is a ski resort in the andes just outside of santiago. someone zooms in from san cristobal hill, which is a big hill and park that overlooks the city, past the costanera center, and hones in on the ski resort in the snow-capped andes.

#2,063 ·
Vista at the foot of the street from, the tower Titanium, and a building

#2,074 ·
all the major cities that are in certain geographic locations that have smog why hide it?

also the picture is spectacular

Los angeles:

Yeah, you might be right. Is not that we want to hide the reality, I mean, everyone can search "Santiago, smog" and a lot of images like that you posted will appear but the thing is, that the most of the pictures that people post here try to be with good weather or with out contamination. Why is that? because we want to see the building with the better pictures, to apreciate best the structure, but that is something that you don't understand I think. That picture is bad quality, period.

And second, this picture of LA is not espectacular. You can barely distinguish the building behind the smog.

Anyway, is not about the city, is about the building :hammer:

#2,080 ·
so what exactly are the "stumps" (tocón) of the two 170m "on hold" buildings going to be used for? are they going to be occupied? are there offices in the few floors that have been built? is it just another entrance to the mall in the meantime? it looks like there are at least 5-6 floors built, not including the lobby.

#2,083 ·
views

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.