SkyscraperCity Forum banner

Skysores: Ugly skyscrapers

1M views 4K replies 1K participants last post by  SanFranRising 
#1 ·
heres a good example of ugly buildings

chicago spire

80 south street this porbley wont get buildtthank god

Crown Las Vegas this also might not get built as well i dont think it looks so great and its to big for las vegas
idd add a pic but i cant seem to find any

u can also post buidling that are already built or ones that are going to be built

See less See more
#2,056 ·
WasabiHoney said:
I checked his profile, it actually says he's only 25% Thai. Anyone knows why he was banned? I got the impression he's at war with a number of users...
Excessive trolling? He was posting those pictures of bogota in a number of threads..

#2,061 ·
Hey folks, I have found more hideous buildings :puke:

Metlife Tower in NYC (the one with the clock)

Burj al-Arab in Dubai
I actually hate most of these pre-1940 skyscrapers, although they seem to have a huge fan base. But Burj al Arab is a masterpiece of modern architecture. Bold and slick, with a futuristic yet symbolic shape. That's probably why it was such an iconic landmark of Dubai before Burj Kahlifa was completed (that one I would call ugly, because it's totally out of proportion)

#2,067 ·
hello :)

Ugliest Italian highrises :nuts:
what do you think about them?

Milan:

Livorno:

Ferrara:
[/QUOTE]

Palermo:

Bologna: (in this picture the towers are not under construction, but the cladding is that one!)

Turin:

Naples: (buildings, Left 110 meters, right 65 meters)

Rome: (in my opinion this is the worst project ever in italy)

[/QUOTE]

that's all for now :)

#2,086 ·
Why exactly you dont like metlife tower ?
Proportion ? Details ? cladding ?
It's tacky. It looks like it rather belongs to Las Vegas than to New York. It's some cheap imitation of Italian Renaissance... actually an awkward mix between Big Ben and St Mark's Campanile in Venice.

There are tons of amazing and beautiful skyscrapers in New York. Metlife is not one them.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.