SkyscraperCity Forum banner

Skysores: Ugly skyscrapers

1M views 4K replies 1K participants last post by  SanFranRising 
#1 ·
heres a good example of ugly buildings

chicago spire

80 south street this porbley wont get buildtthank god

Crown Las Vegas this also might not get built as well i dont think it looks so great and its to big for las vegas
idd add a pic but i cant seem to find any

u can also post buidling that are already built or ones that are going to be built

See less See more
#2,516 ·
Skyscrapers are beautiful only if are thoughs in a variety of shapes, spires and heights. The mixture it is what makes a skyline good. 1000s of skyscrapers everyone if which with the same height, with the same shape and all aligned in perfect order one aside of another...well, they represents a wall, not a skyline. And I say this with all the love I have for a Magnificent country as I think Spain is, really! ;)

#2,546 ·
I've always disliked the Avaz Twist Tower in Sarajevo. It is a monster which pollutes the cityscape of the area around the central station. Luckily it is far outside the nice small scaled citycenter.

In the future perhaps there will be another one next to it. Check the Vancouverish top!

Building like this need alot of works to get designed :applause: but the design doesnt fit the town..

#2,535 ·
This thread has officially lost all credibility. To call any building designed by Phillip Johnson in his later years "ugly" is a disgrace. When people start calling the Chrysler Building and buildings like the Sony Building ugly, I lose faith in humanity.

The verizon building is ugly, the metlife on bryant park before it was reclad is ugly, this building my friend, is not ugly.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.