daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > Forum Pencakar Langit Malaysia > Countdown to 2020

Countdown to 2020 new projects, proposals, under-construction updates and news of developments & construction projects.

Old June 23rd, 2014, 12:04 PM   #21
LoveArki
Arki loves me too

Likes (Received): 96

I think i saw a plane in the map...

Sponsored Links

Old June 23rd, 2014, 04:31 PM   #22
glenj

Likes (Received): 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveArki View Post
I think i saw a plane in the map...
Yes! I was puzzled by that too. Shouldn't it be a ship?
glenj no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 23rd, 2014, 04:54 PM   #23
sky1988

Likes (Received): 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenj View Post
Yes! I was puzzled by that too. Shouldn't it be a ship?
Who would want to stay so near to many ports around there (Tuas and PTP) with Jurong Industrial Area so nearby?

The Johor government is literally killing the golden goose.
sky1988 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 23rd, 2014, 05:09 PM   #24
Daviss

Likes (Received): 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky1988 View Post
Who would want to stay so near to many ports around there (Tuas and PTP) with Jurong Industrial Area so nearby?

yes, I think if u ask me to buy at medini I would think twice now , as now there is an ang mo kio coming up maybe freehold.
Daviss no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 24th, 2014, 03:57 AM   #25
gosperence

Likes (Received): 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky1988 View Post

Crazy.....PTP needs large enough sea space to grow & deep water. Reclaiming by pouring tones of sands into the sea will shallow the place. Moreover they want to create man-made beach....my goodness!

The johor sultan only see short term gain. killing the golden goose indeed. Greedy deep.

dengilo liked this post
gosperence no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 24th, 2014, 04:03 AM   #26
davidwsk

Likes (Received): 1160

Johor reclamation works stopped

24 June 2014

JOHOR BARU: The Department of Environment has issued a temporary stop-work order against all coastal land reclamation works for the development of the massive Forest City off Tanjung Kupang here pending a detailed study.

State Health and Environment Committee chairman Datuk Ayub Rahmat said any negotiation on lifting the suspension would be between the department and the project’s jointdevelopers, China’s Country Garden Holdings Co Ltd and state-owned Kumpulan Prasarana Rakyat Johor.

“The order came about a week ago and all land reclamation work in the area have been suspended pending further studies on the environmental effects of the project,” hetold the New Straits Times yesterday.

The reclamation works for the proposed 49-hectare Forest City tourist hub project began in early March and was expected to be completed by year’s end.

The project hit a snag after the Singaporean government raised concerns over the state’s coastal land reclamation projects, citing that it might cause trans-boundary issues.

It also sent several diplomatic notes and a formal request to the Federal Government for more information on the state’s coastal projects, specifically in the Straits of Johor.

In a statement, its Foreign Affairs Ministry had said there were international obligations for both countries to work closely on such matters.

Environmental activists have also voiced their worries on Johor’s shoreline reclamation works.

Ayub said the state government would monitor the progress of discussions between developers and the Department of Environment.

“We will wait for the department to complete their studies on the project, after which we will also ensure that all guidelines are met.”

On the concerns raised by the Singaporean government, Ayub said the state government valued the bilateral ties with its neighbour.

“We will look into the issue of other trans-boundary effects because of the land reclamation works.”

Ayub clarified that there was a preliminary Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) report for the proposed Forest City project.

“Normally, shoreline reclamation projects below 50ha in size, such as the proposed Forest City project, does not need a EIA report under the Environmental Quality (prescribed activities) (Environmental Impact Assessment) Order 1987.

“However, as the project will have a 80-room hotel, increasing the area’s density, a preliminary EIA report was conducted and its findings submitted to the relevant authorities.”

Country Garden Holdings, which has its international office in Johor Baru, did not reply to queries.

Yesterday, the New Straits Times reported that the Johor government confirmed it had received a request by Putrajaya to furnish details on land reclamation projects in the state.

More: http://www.nst.com.my/node/5883
davidwsk no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 24th, 2014, 04:54 AM   #27
sky1988

Likes (Received): 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidwsk View Post

Johor reclamation works stopped

24 June 2014

JOHOR BARU: The Department of Environment has issued a temporary stop-work order against all coastal land reclamation works for the development of the massive Forest City off Tanjung Kupang here pending a detailed study.

State Health and Environment Committee chairman Datuk Ayub Rahmat said any negotiation on lifting the suspension would be between the department and the project’s jointdevelopers, China’s Country Garden Holdings Co Ltd and state-owned Kumpulan Prasarana Rakyat Johor.

“The order came about a week ago and all land reclamation work in the area have been suspended pending further studies on the environmental effects of the project,” hetold the New Straits Times yesterday.

The reclamation works for the proposed 49-hectare Forest City tourist hub project began in early March and was expected to be completed by year’s end.

The project hit a snag after the Singaporean government raised concerns over the state’s coastal land reclamation projects, citing that it might cause trans-boundary issues.

It also sent several diplomatic notes and a formal request to the Federal Government for more information on the state’s coastal projects, specifically in the Straits of Johor.

In a statement, its Foreign Affairs Ministry had said there were international obligations for both countries to work closely on such matters.

Environmental activists have also voiced their worries on Johor’s shoreline reclamation works.

Ayub said the state government would monitor the progress of discussions between developers and the Department of Environment.

“We will wait for the department to complete their studies on the project, after which we will also ensure that all guidelines are met.”

On the concerns raised by the Singaporean government, Ayub said the state government valued the bilateral ties with its neighbour.

“We will look into the issue of other trans-boundary effects because of the land reclamation works.”

Ayub clarified that there was a preliminary Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) report for the proposed Forest City project.

“Normally, shoreline reclamation projects below 50ha in size, such as the proposed Forest City project, does not need a EIA report under the Environmental Quality (prescribed activities) (Environmental Impact Assessment) Order 1987.

“However, as the project will have a 80-room hotel, increasing the area’s density, a preliminary EIA report was conducted and its findings submitted to the relevant authorities.”

Country Garden Holdings, which has its international office in Johor Baru, did not reply to queries.

Yesterday, the New Straits Times reported that the Johor government confirmed it had received a request by Putrajaya to furnish details on land reclamation projects in the state.

More: http://www.nst.com.my/node/5883
Typical malaysian government... I don't mind they keep flip-flopping on this project to test the developer patience which in the end they might give up!

Their greed might even cause the Sg government to rethink on assisting in developing Iskandar.
sky1988 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 24th, 2014, 02:18 PM   #28
patchay

Likes (Received): 1106

I think the duty free city is still being on the cards here. Huge development with an amazing amount of condominium units. It's mind boggling.

If you the video posted here some time ago, it has an internal LRT.

PATCHAY | Website | Facebook | Flickr | Twitter | Instagram | Foursquare
patchay no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 25th, 2014, 03:03 AM   #29
buttercarp
mutant powerpuff

Likes (Received): 0

Johor reclamation project 'to create oil storage hub

Quote:
ONE of the two massive reclamation projects coming up in the Johor Strait will be turned into an oil storage hub to capture spill-over oil and gas business from Singapore, an official with the company involved in the works said yesterday.
The project involving Benalec Holdings will raise a 1,410ha man-made island near Jurong Island, the firm's chief operating officer Bernard Boey told The Straits Times.
The reclamation is expected to begin before the end of the year.
The project, located off Johor's Tanjung Piai coast, is roughly twice the size of Ang Mo Kio.
- See more at: http://www.stasiareport.com/the-big-....Kc92z01i.dpuf

buttercarp no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 1st, 2014, 06:26 AM   #30
Mith252
Proud to be Malay-Chinese

Likes (Received): 316

News from TODAY.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.n...98646761_n.jpg

source: TODAY

Btw, if you can't see the images I posted, I have deleted them.
Mith252 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 22nd, 2014, 01:16 PM   #31
JB Citizens (+_+)
MEEEEYYYYAAAAOOOWWW!!!

Likes (Received): 381

Source: http://www.bharian.com.my/articles/P.../Article/cetak

Pembangunan Forest City tetap diteruskan bagi tingkat ekonomi Johor

2014/07/22

JOHOR BAHRU: Pembangunan bandar metropolis, Forest City bernilai kira-kira RM600 bilion di Tanjung Kupang, di sini, akan tetap diteruskan bagi merancakkan lagi ekonomi Johor terutama dalam menyediakan peluang pekerjaan.

Naib Pengerusi Eksekutif Kumpulan Prasarana Rakyat Johor (KPRJ), Datuk Md Othman Yusof, berkata sehingga kini projek berkenaan mematuhi segala peraturan dan garis panduan ditetapkan Jabatan Alam Sekitar (JAS) dan tidak menjejaskan ekosistem di kawasan berkenaan.

Katanya, projek berkenaan juga tidak menjejaskan hak dan kepentingan Malaysia dan Singapura.

Beliau berkata demikian pada sidang media di sini, sebentar tadi.
Old July 22nd, 2014, 02:01 PM   #32
World 2 World
The World @ My Fingertips

Likes (Received): 1059

RM600 billion?
World 2 World está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old July 22nd, 2014, 04:34 PM   #33
JB Citizens (+_+)
MEEEEYYYYAAAAOOOWWW!!!

Likes (Received): 381

Source: http://www.nst.com.my/node/16159

RM600 billion Forest City to bring
positive impact to locals

BY CHUAH BEE KIM - 22 JULY 2014 @ 12:36 PM

JOHOR BARU: The RM600 billion Forest City development will bring more positive impact than negative ones to the people of Johor.

Kumpulan Prasarana Rakyat Johor (KPRJ) executive vice chairman Datuk Md Othman Yusof told a press conference here today that the development will bring direct and indirect returns to the state government which will then channel it to the local folk.

Md Othman said the taxes paid by those who occupy the man-made island will be used to build low-cost houses in suitable areas in Johor.

He said the project will also not affect the sea ports, namely, Port of Tanjung Pelepas but complement it.

Property values in the surrounding areas like Gelang Patah will also increase.

However, the stopwork order on reclamation works after several issues were raised had not only caused the developer Country Garden Property View to suffer financial loss, it may also shake the investors' confidence.

RM600 billion... No kidding...
Old July 23rd, 2014, 04:11 AM   #34
avelc

Likes (Received): 5

The land is hardly reclaimed yet. Don't count the chickens before they hatch...
avelc no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 24th, 2014, 01:31 AM   #35
xtremesportx

Likes (Received): 46

Yup... why need to reclaim land when jb has s ooooooo much unused land???

Instead of reclaiming new land why don't value add the existing lands and beautify the old taman? ?

dengilo, Vince liked this post
xtremesportx no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 24th, 2014, 04:01 PM   #36
avelc

Likes (Received): 5

Who does the land sales enrich? Are they ploughing back any money to spruce up JB town? As much as I think Nusajaya is an outstanding greenfield development, I wish more time and money is spent on redeveloping JB.

Vince liked this post

Last edited by avelc; July 26th, 2014 at 03:32 AM.
avelc no está en línea   Reply With Quote