daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Continental Forums > North American Skyscrapers Forum > Metropolis & States > Florida

Florida Welcome to the sunshine state

Old November 27th, 2003, 11:55 PM   #1
Style™
King of the Queen

Likes (Received): 3

Miami in Photos

Photos of Miami! Hot!

A different Skyline!

Sponsored Links

Old November 28th, 2003, 12:36 AM   #2
daniel_18
BANNED

Likes (Received): 0

Great job, Style. My favorite is the first pic, it just looks so much better than the view from Biscayne Bay...

daniel_18 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 28th, 2003, 12:39 AM   #3
Style™
King of the Queen

Thanks, Daniel! I try not to hold back when I see photos of an awsome city!
Old November 28th, 2003, 06:30 PM   #4
RafflesCity
By Spirit

Likes (Received): 38

Fabulous images..great skyline!
RafflesCity no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 29th, 2003, 04:33 AM   #5
MIAballinboi

Likes (Received): 379

great pics!
MIAballinboi no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 29th, 2003, 03:22 PM   #6
M II A II R II K

Likes (Received): 280

Great to see pictures of Miami as we've never seen before

Especially with the sandcastle pix!
Old January 6th, 2004, 11:49 PM   #7
Style™
King of the Queen

WHITE-WASHED DOWNTOWN

BEAUTIFUL TROPICAL VEGETATION

SKYLINE ON TURQUOISE WATERS

LUSH PHOENIX-LIKE SUBURBS

GORGEOUS CONDO TOWERS

BALMY TROPICAL SETTING

HOT PINK and CARRIBEAN BLUE BRIDGES

PARTY TIME
Old January 6th, 2004, 11:50 PM   #8
Style™
King of the Queen

Old January 7th, 2004, 12:28 AM   #9
Style™
King of the Queen

Old January 7th, 2004, 12:29 AM   #10
Style™
King of the Queen

Some older photos I just found from gojeda!

This is at the southern tip of South Beach right along Government Cut. Behind me is the ocean, so I am facing in a generally western direction. Government Cut is Miami's principle access waterway to the ocean. Bobdreamz will have to refresh my memory which project this is because I didnt take any notes. After this monster is built, two slightly smaller brothers will be built to the right of the towers. This probably means the two pink\peach towers behind will likely lose their view of the ocean.

In this particular shot, you can see townhomes being built as part of the project.

Few more steps further south and you hit Government Cut. Here a container ship makes its way towards the ocean. Miami is the 9th largest port in the United States. Take note of the color of the water. That is due to its relative shallowness and sandy bottom. As a matter of fact, flying into Miami is quite stunning when landing from the East. Key Biscayne has this turquiose color and you can see many sandbars, fish, and other underwater features due to its average shallowness of about 15 feet. Lastly, directly starboard of this tanker, is Fisher Island. Fisher Island is extremely exclusive and only accessible via ferry.

This condo is the Portofino tower. Yet another monster along Government Cut.

At the base of Portofino you will find these retail spaces almost completely finished and due to open to the public any day now. From this spot - I counted 2 other retail projects just like this one, so street and pedestrian traffic will significantly increase here in the next few months.

Still in SoBe, but closer to the Biscayne Bay side then the ocean side, you will find these two other monsters. They were built in the last couple of years.

I like this shot of one of the towers as it highlights the distinct 50s streamlined look.

Another monster condo along the bay.

Three new towers, in and around 30 stories tall, are being built along the Bay in SoBe.

A shot of the Canival ship Imagination in the Port of Miami from the MacArthur Causeway on my way to Miami. Miami does have the busiest cruise ship port in the world. Not a bad shot considering I was doing 70 and it was over the shoulder (LOL!) By the way, there is a proposal, in the books, to run a light rail link on the MacArthur to link Miami Beach and Miami. It will be voted on in November I believe.

A shot of the gorgeous Bank of America tower. Directly to my right is the First Union tower (which cant be seen). Miami actually has two B of As. Across the street, and to the left, is DuPont Plaza - but it is nothing more then a parking lot. However, One Miami is due to be built on that very valuable piece of land, therby radically changing this shot when its built.

On the Brickell Avenue bridge, heading south, you are presented with the ever-changing vista of the Brickell District. There in front is Miami's 2nd B of A. Miami is the largest banking center in the United States outside of New York, and many dozens of bank have their operations in this shot. Many of Miami's 68 or so consulates are in this area. It is an international district in the truest sense of the word. In the background, you can see Miami's new tallest raising, the Four Seasons, and just in front of it another jewel in the skyline, Espiritus Santo. This shot, also, will change radically over the next ten years. And the bridge that I am on stands a good chance to be replaced by a tunnel. There is quite a bit of boat traffic on the Miami River.

The Brickell District.

The building just right of center is the Barclay's Bank building. She is only a couple of years old.

One of the other things Brickell is famous for, aside from banking, is its condominium towers. Here are two such monsters here. Miami does have a large population that lives downtown. It will increase significantly in the next 5 years with projects on the table, and a new wave of projects expected next year.

A shot northward of Brickell. Beyond, the tower to the right of the skyscraper with the antenna, is the First Union Tower.

The skyscanes of the Four Seasons and Espiritus Santo is seen in this shot.

A shot, northward, along the Brickell waterfront. If I had a reflection filter, I would of taken a picture of the different variety of fish swimming around from my sport here.

The first shot of the Four Seasons and Espiritus Santo. The Four Seasons will rise to a height of 794 feet and will be Miami's tallest. ES will rise 485 feet and will be jewel of design. Note that ES will have two completely different facades. This facade, facing East, looks distinctly International style. You will see a completely different picture from the Western facade. There seems to be another project in the foreground about ready to go. I have no idea what that is.

See the totally different look on ES? This side is distinctly post modern. Note the "dimple" design que in the facade. Simply beautiful. The Four Seaons is on the right.

The imposing Four Seasons on the left. The beige condo is one of the first condos I looked at, years ago, when moving to Miami. I kind of regret not living there now because of the way real estate has gone up since then. The two floor aparents and view of the pool were beautiful.

A shot of the Four Seasons.

A great shot showing off the height of the Four Seasons. Note the 30 story condo getting dwarfed by the Four Seasons. Bobdreamz knows the name of the condo, but it is no more then a couple of years old.

A shot of Miami from Key Biscayne.

Another shot of Miami. The flatness of Florida is often criticized, but this flatness enhances the sensation of height of any tall building. Four Seasons feels more like a 900 footer then an 800 foot tower.

A shot from Los Pinitos, which is what it is commonly called in Miami. The park, which straddles the Rickenbacker Causeway, does have a name. I forget what it is.

The tall white condo is Santa Maria.

Last edited by Style; April 17th, 2004 at 04:51 PM.
Style™ no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 7th, 2004, 01:02 AM   #11
Lakelander

Likes (Received): 486

Damn, I don't know what to really say. Miami is the sh**!
Lakelander está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old January 10th, 2004, 11:55 PM   #12
oscyrkorso
Informality required

have u played GTA vice city?? well,i think the producers of the game made a little-miami...vice city is similar to it!! the coast,hotels,palms,those houses with the main avenue...the colour lights...the bridge,the skyscrapers...
oscyrkorso no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 11th, 2004, 01:19 AM   #13
bigbruiser

AWESOME PICS

I just got back from Miami yesterday, It was my first time down there and all I have to say is WOW!!!!!!!!. I had no idea there were so many highrises in the Miami metro. Downtown is cool. Miami is awesome. I swear I was driving North on A1A from miami beach to Aventura Mall and it was just Highrise thr whole way. I love the tropical , but yet urban feel to this city. I'll definitely be back. Oh yeah and the women there are so beautiful!!!!
Hampton Roads metro population (Va Beach/Norfolk/Newport News) 1,620,000
bigbruiser no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 12th, 2004, 05:52 PM   #14
Sunstorm

Likes (Received): 30

Great pics!
Sunstorm no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 13th, 2004, 03:49 AM   #15
Style™
King of the Queen

Old April 14th, 2004, 06:58 PM   #16
Style™
King of the Queen

Old April 17th, 2004, 02:52 AM   #17
Style™
King of the Queen

Old April 17th, 2004, 02:58 AM   #18
Style™
King of the Queen

Old April 27th, 2004, 10:49 PM   #19
Deventer Up
Whirlwind

@ Style

Your pics are just amazing !! Great job, man !! Especially the one with FS-tower with that condo in the front. I really enjoyed this topic, because I've seen the beauty of Miami myself, last year.
Old April 28th, 2004, 12:58 AM   #20
dvstampa

Likes (Received): 2

Beautiful pictures of Sobe!!! I stayed at a dope little joint down there called Townhouse, which was very close to where you shot some of those photos.

I'm also very fond of Prive' and the new club "Mansion".
dvstampa no está en línea   Reply With Quote