SkyscraperCity Forum banner

Herculaneum Quay | Royden Way | 119 Apartments | 16 Storeys

420K views 2K replies 127 participants last post by  Scoughy1991 
#1 ·
Columbus Quay, still waiting for someone to bring it to back to life -

Someone somewhere is still checking in on the site, as the hoardings facing the river have now and again blown down and been replaced - most recently by block and mesh fencing. However nothing has taken place on-site since the crane was taken down a while after the site ground to a halt in late 2007.

The most recent information I can find is from the Business Desk in July 2012, that stated the site's administrators were seeking a quick sale to kick-start the site. Over a year later, and nothing more has been reported so presumably they haven't had much luck.

How it should have/maybe one day will look -

Image from The Business Desk article here - http://www.thebusinessdesk.com/nort...rators-seek-quick-sale-for-columbus-quay.html

See less See more
#139 ·
I received an email off prime site about a week after I sent the initial message.

'Hi our buyers get direct construction updates, if you require any further information please contact our sales director...joanne@primesite-developments.com Thanks'

They have been vary vague and dodge around certain questions.

Is there anyone on here who is a buyer that can get perhaps get some answers?

#141 ·
Apparently so.. I know the people from company whose are doing the civil works for the lawless development so they came through on that.

But I haven't saw any names of any contractors appearing for this. I know the company on lawless had heaps mill and herculaneum down as potenial jobs. This was in September.

Alledgely heaps mill is due to start work in some capacity soon but whether that actually happens is a different story

#146 ·
I think this 'development' is verging on the criminal TBH. Money has been taken from 'real' people; including from local Fire Fighters, I understand; and also from one couple, for example, who have posted on this forum (from Australia) who were hoping to retire back to Liverpool. Not rich, anonymous 'investors'.

#165 ·
I had the following from the developers.....

Maybe they are building a third Mersey tunnel?

Herculaneum Quay ‏@Primesite_Dev 10h10 hours ago
@TrevorCaplis Extensive works are happening under ground which is difficult to see unless you are on site. 1/2

Herculaneum Quay ‏@Primesite_Dev 10h10 hours ago
@TrevorCaplis We attend site visits with all r buyers who are happy with works being carried out 2/2
View conversation 0 replies 0 retweets 0 favorites
Reply Retweet Favorite
More

More