SkyscraperCity Forum banner

Myrtle Parade | Myrtle Street | 303 Student Flats/Retail | 4-8 Storeys

54K views 168 replies 38 participants last post by  flypie126 
#1 ·
Application gone in to demolish Myrtle Parade. It's for more student accomodation and some retail units ...but who cares can't be as bad as that ugly retail parade can it ?.

#108 ·
No surprise about Tesco, it's always rammed!

Probably a Costa given the close proximity of Starbucks and Caffè Nero.

I was initially surprised about the KFC, although they did recently close their city centre branch and fried chicken goes down a treat with the locals around this area, so no brainer really.

At least these ground floor units will be occupied, unlike so many others around the city!

#111 ·
I just checked where this was on Google maps to make sure it was on the site of the naff shopping precinct that I used to park my battered old motor on when I was a student. Found there's a before and after on google maps. Place the little man on Myrtle Street and you get the new build. Place it on Myrtle Parade and the old precinct comes back to life!

#113 ·
Application in for a KFC 'Small Box' in unit 4a. This is a smaller footprint, concept restaurant, supposedly with a 'fancier' menu from what I can see...

Application Number: PL/INV/1240/17
Site Address: Unit 4A Myrtle Parade Myrtle Street LIVERPOOL L7 7EW
Application Type: Reserved Matters application
Proposal: To vary condition 2 attached to 14F/0659 to provide for minor material amendments to elevations, external works and site layout of approved development (To erect building to provide 96 clusters of student accommodation (260 bedspaces) with 130sq. m. of ground floor commercial units).
Applicant: KFC UKI

#114 ·
awful
I would either ban this cheap, disgusting unhealthy food providers from opening up any more branches in the city or charge them an extra health & environmental tax if given the go ahead for the damage they cause on people and the cost of tackling their discarded cartons

#117 · (Edited)
I note a pay and display arrangement has been introduced to the car park to the front of this development, as well as the existing Tesco block too. Charges are £1 per 30 mins up to 2 hours, then £5 for 2-4 hours and £6 for over four hours. To be honest, I popped into this Tesco once or twice before the charges were added, but I won't now. You are typically only in a Tesco Express for about five minutes at most, certainly not half an hour, so I'm not paying for 30 minutes parking for that. Indeed in the time it takes to walk from your car, locate a ticket machine (I think there are only two for the whole car park), pay, and walk back to your car to display your ticket, you could have been in and out of the shop. Needless to say, the car park this morning was virtually deserted.

Given the KFC is likely to attract a similar level of 'quick' custom, I think not allowing a short grace period is an own goal that will only ultimately affect their tenants.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.