daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy (aug.2, 2013) | DMCA policy | flipboard magazine

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > India > South > South India Projects > Tamil Nadu

Old Yesterday, 06:15 PM   #49161
LawrenceTamil

Likes (Received): 100

Quote:
Originally Posted by LawrenceTamil View Post
Hi forum members,
i am giving you one example for frequency of our tnstc buses. Plz review the below youtube video
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=wtAxuKbDGiE
outside city just of 2 Mins 13 Buses found.

guys all tnstc and setc needs are support from the passengers. Our neighboring states are doing robery in the name of comfort in the bus fares. But tnstc and setc providing very less fares. It really helps middleclass and poor people.

please dont chose for private guys or other state corporation buses. Tnstc never thinks about money till now. Only aiming for people service, it has been operated. Just join hands support our tnstc.

while other state corps are hitting people stomach and collect more money in the name of comfort. Actually they are working for thier own comfort. Tnstc is like a sheep in the midst of wolfs. We should save tnstc our true servant
Recently me and my friend planned to go to madikere. i asked my friend how much the fare. He told from bangalore to madikere it will cost around Rs250 in sks buses. (Correct me if i am wrong). distance is 250 kms. i was shocked. how the middle class and poor people of KA are travelling in buses. (so what karnataka trains are always fill and bulging out with peoples.) Now see, from salem to madurai is same 250 kms. fare is 140 in Express 145 in Highway rider and 180 in setc.

After heared the fare from my friend, i refused to go to madikere. I am just a middle class family man. This is too high for me.

Forum members,
Really we should support TNSTC/SETC. let us aim for non of the SETC bus should go unfilled.

I think in india the only state having this much cheapest bus fare is in TNSTC/SETC. we should support our servants.

Dont blame TNSTC/SETC because of quality. Here and there we may face some inconvenience in our buses. But not all the buses are like that. Eating money from people and do a show-case with buses is not a matter as KaSRTC do. what is the use of having GPRS auto telling stops name and ticket machine or Volvo services. One time in emergency in 11 pm, i did not get any ordinary buses from murugeshpalya to corporation circle. i asked the volvo bus ticket it costs Rs 65 for less than 10 kms. Rs65 is too high with my salary i am getting. finally i took a cab and went.
There is no mini bus system in KA. but in TN across the state any corner of the city OR even any corner of your street you can find one mini bus.(Like chennai our CM should add more mini buses to all 10 cities in TN) This is TN Transport. In madurai i will not wait more than one minute for a bus. this is our frequency and good network. Now tell me which state has best bus service.? KA or TN.

Just imagine how the management is struggling to cover up loses. My uncle is a checking inspector in TNSTC TNV division. He told all the stories happening in divisions. How TNSTC MDU hardly competing with TNV division. My cousin brother is also a conductor in TNSTC TNV division. he used to tell interesting thing in the division.

The thing is TNSTC/SETCs are struggling to fill the buses. Many a times from Madurai to TNV BPRs did not even get the collection of RS 2000.
LawrenceTamil no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 06:18 PM   #49162
vignesh fortuner

Likes (Received): 645

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSRaj View Post
Thanks for sharing. Private regular buses from TN-22 seems rare - similar to Chennai Metro RTOs.

Cheers,
Raj
yeah dnt knw why they went for tn-22 regn. even Amamn arul,Sithi Vianyagar are regd with tn-22

amman arul

sithi vinayagar

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

KSRaj liked this post
vignesh fortuner no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 06:21 PM   #49163
vignesh fortuner

Likes (Received): 645

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanchi View Post
Hello Vignesh -
Is this a new service or an extension of any old service? Surprised to see Kanchi - Chengalpet via Uthiramerur

I see many buses had got extension, Keezh Kodungalur to Kanchi bus got extended to Takkolam and one kanchi - perungattur bus got extended to Ilayanar Velur, Aruna's Tindivanam bus got extended to Pondy.

I also saw few new private buses not sure if those were new permits. I wish government gives some new permits as of late all the towns have grown exponentially and they are in need of new permits though TNSTC tries all its best to meet the demand.
Its not a new service and not extended.its old service runing very long

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
vignesh fortuner no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 06:27 PM   #49164
Nanjil Traveller

Likes (Received): 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhandapanik View Post

TNSTC-CBE's Palani to Bangalore was very old route. It was started as 3X2, then replaced with an AC bus by erode region. TNSTC-CBE transferred few AC buses to Trichy region and VPM and after this AC bus movement, it was again replaced with a 3X2. Depot was moved to Tirupur region and now it is completed stopped.
TNSTC CBE stopped also stopped MTM - CBE AC bus..donno y they stopped. without transferring AC buses TNSTC CBE should have continued with it in Chennai routes..other div ran that transferred AC very poorly..now also they can try UD/ SD in Bangalore n Madurai route which comes under 300km..they can try
Nanjil Traveller no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 07:44 PM   #49165
KSRaj

Likes (Received): 820

Quote:
Originally Posted by vignesh fortuner View Post
yeah dnt knw why they went for tn-22 regn. even Amamn arul,Sithi Vianyagar are regd with tn-22

amman arul

sithi vinayagar

Hi Vignesh,

It must be because of the registered office in the Postal area of TN-22 Meenambakkam RTO.

Cheers,
Raj
KSRaj no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 07:51 PM   #49166
KSRaj

Likes (Received): 820

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhandapanik View Post
This pseudo express came long back during DMK regime because of the low fare. later this was continued till date.

Thanjavur to Kumbakonam is one of the worst road to drive. Almost all small vehicles are pushed out of the road by the privates in that route. Worst experience for me.
Atleast in old regime/fare, Exp was flat 5 bucks more but now it is 1.3X

And not to mention the MTC frenzy of pseudo Express and charging 1.5X..
KSRaj no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:28 PM   #49167
suncar
Dreamliner 787

Likes (Received): 1678

One of the highest frequency route of these two cities.

TN 30 N 0900 Salem - Erode (Rasipuram Branch)

TN 30 N 0900 by Shankar Karunakaran, on Flickr

TN 30 N 0909 Salem - Erode (Erumapalayam 2 Branch)

TN 30 N 0909 by Shankar Karunakaran, on Flickr

l
l

Depots:
l
l

My Gallery:
l
suncar no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:31 PM   #49168
suncar
Dreamliner 787

Likes (Received): 1678

Private guys of Kallakurichi - Rasipuram

Jeyam

JEYAM (2) by Shankar Karunakaran, on Flickr

P. T (Palaniammal Transport)

PT 3 by Shankar Karunakaran, on Flickr

l
l

Depots:
l
l

My Gallery:
l
suncar no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 05:52 AM   #49169
dineshpkm

Likes (Received): 231

We used to Have a KSRTC running between Palani to Bangalore via Pallapatti,Karur
Old Today, 06:05 AM   #49170
dhandapanik

Likes (Received): 2702

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanjil Traveller View Post
TNSTC CBE stopped also stopped MTM - CBE AC bus..donno y they stopped. without transferring AC buses TNSTC CBE should have continued with it in Chennai routes..other div ran that transferred AC very poorly..now also they can try UD/ SD in Bangalore n Madurai route which comes under 300km..they can try
CBE-MTM AC buses and Palani-Bangalore are transferred to KUM/VPM. CBE to Bangalore is transferred to SETC CBE depot along with the route.

They are very poor in inducting UD/SD buses. I have seen some tender for procuring SD seats this time. Lets see.

Quote:
Atleast in old regime/fare, Exp was flat 5 bucks more but now it is 1.3X

And not to mention the MTC frenzy of pseudo Express and charging 1.5X..
I have not noticed that flat +5 increase in CBE/MDU/Nellai divn. its like regular exp fare only.

Madurai used this Pseudo city express concept well and infact they have writted SLF on one old TML bus as spare and collected SLF fare. Now close to 50 TML buses are built like AshLey SLFs in TML chassis and collecting SLF fare.

CBE tried introducing few city express and failed miserably. Many of the SS bodies were branded as express and that is reverted to back to ordinary or LSS fare.

||

||

dhandapanik está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 06:07 AM   #49171
dhandapanik

Likes (Received): 2702

Quote:
Originally Posted by dineshpkm View Post
We used to Have a KSRTC running between Palani to Bangalore via Pallapatti,Karur
i have not seen this. One KSRTC touches palani is Mysore to Madurai via Coimbatore, Pollachi, Palani.

Till when this bangalore service was running?

||

||

dhandapanik está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 06:16 AM   #49172
dineshpkm

^in 1997 i used to see this, a red bus. Pallapatti written wrongly as Pallapampatti in Tamil. it will run empty
Old Today, 07:17 AM   #49173
dineshpkm

Yes agreed. KSRTC is purely money eaters and they are not service oriented and Karnataka people told there buses are better than TNSTC. They charged 1 rupee per km in ordinary buses. I don't know how people surviving, Even Telangana and andhra rtc are better than KSRTC
Old Today, 07:51 AM   #49174
prasai1991

Likes (Received): 2819

Quote:
Hi Vignesh,

It must be because of the registered office in the Postal area of TN-22 Meenambakkam RTO.

Cheers,
Raj
@Ks Raj

these buses are Ex Nokia Staff Buses which were brought & rebulit

u could see TN-22-BR,BW,CY registered buses now all over TN

here is 2 Such guys

TN-22-BR-2088 of S.L.S B.S(V.R.M) in Pernambut-Vellore Route Via: Gudiyatham,Pallikonda

TN-22-BW-4251 of Kannabhiran Roadways in Tiruttani-Podathurpettai Route Via:Nagari,Pallipattu

prasai1991 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 08:54 AM   #49175
rakesh_sakthivel

Likes (Received): 1

Can anyone share pics of TN 43 N buses below reg no TN 43 N 338, when.they.were running as mofussil Bus....
rakesh_sakthivel no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
buses