daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > European Forums > UK & Ireland Architecture Forums > Projects and Construction > North East England > Newcastle Metro Area

Newcastle Metro Area For Newcastle, N Tyneside, Gateshead, S Tyneside, South Northumberland

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old November 27th, 2015, 08:50 PM   #661
Steve Ellwood
Likes (Received): 2077

Originally Posted by minimoog View Post
The width restrictors they've installed at each end look evil. Perhaps it's an illusion but access to the bridge looks even narrower than it used to be. I can see a few alloy wheels being trashed, especially as the old width-restricting bollards were tall and could be seen and judged from the drivers seat, whereas the new ones are a low hump which will be invisible from inside a car.

I predict a deal of wailing and teeth-gnashing over this feature...
I've only been across the "old" bridge once and that was enough for me. I have a good perception of the width of my car but the narrow track put that to the test

Steve Ellwood

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Steve Ellwood no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

bridges, historic newcastle, historic north east eng, history, millennium bridge, newcastle, newcastle transport, river tyne