SkyscraperCity Forum banner

EU grants

15K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  Geborgenheit 
#1 ·
Hello to everybody!!!

I'm looking for European Union grants for Latinamerica and Caribean for transport & transport infrastructure.

Does anybody know where I can get the information?? I've been looking in the EU web page but I can't find anything, I know there has to be a lot of information published there but I can't seem to figure it out.

Thanks a lot!!!

#3 ·
In the framework of the mid term review of the Regional Strategy Paper (RSP) for Latin America the European Commission has foreseen an amount of € 125 millions for the period 2009-2013.

In 2010 a commitment of € 34.85 millions will be available for grant.

:lol: European generosity.

#4 · (Edited)
Well, these numbers are low (but I'm not sure if that's what the guy really asked for).

Anyway, EU's budget is not that big to provide aid in billions for every receiver. Just look at all those trade agreements and trade policies dedicated for the poorest countries and you will see that EU's generosity manifests not only by the money it gives directly. And EU together with its member states is the largest donor of international aid accounting for about 55-60% of all of it.

The Union has granted duty-free or cut-rate access to its market for most of the imports from developing countries under its generalised system of preferences (GSP). It goes even further for the world’s 49 poorest countries, all of whose exports – with the sole exception of arms – enter the EU duty-free.

The EU has developed a new trade and development strategy with its 78 partners in the Africa-Pacific-Caribbean (ACP) group aimed at integrating them into the world economy. It also has a trade agreement with South Africa that will lead to free trade, and it is negotiating a free trade deal with the six members of the Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) – Bahrain, Kuwait, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates. The EU has agreements with Mexico and Chile and has been trying to negotiate a deal to liberalise trade with the Mercosur group – Argentina, Brazil, Paraguay and Uruguay.
Source.

The European Commission and the EU Member States combined constitute the world's largest single donor in the struggle against poverty. The massive European commitment to development, over $50 billion per year, accounts for more than half of all official development aid to more than 160 countries spanning the globe from the EU’s neighbors to Africa, the Middle East, Latin America and Asia.

In addition to regular development aid, the EU is a leading donor of emergency and humanitarian aid. The EU Humanitarian Aid & Civil Protection Directorate General [formerly the European Commission Humanitarian Aid Office (ECHO)] provides food, medical supplies, water purification systems, shelter and other essential items to disaster victims around the world.
Source.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.