SkyscraperCity Forum banner

Metro Dublin

22K views 16 replies 14 participants last post by  sam_18 
#1 ·
Some Shots and facts of the City..very much a European city which has seen staggering growth over the last 10-15 years.

Population
1996 1,405,671
2002 1,535,446
2006 1,662,536
2011 1,801,040

The New City that never sleeps! :cheers:

Arguably one of the busiest streets in Europe as the metro isnt built yet

See less See more
2 33
#11 ·
It's funny how many people here think Dublin looks great, yet probably bitched about British cities in the ugliest cities thread, when huge areas of Dublin look like Birmingham, Manchester, and Glasgow.

I guess it's easier to not be biased when you make something Irish?

#13 · (Edited)
when huge areas of Dublin look like Birmingham, Manchester, and Glasgow.
If you mean council estates at least Dublin had the sense not to build those 20 storey high rise flats. That's one very notable difference compared to the cities mentioned.

And what is wrong with those cities anyway? All cities have their problems. Plenty of areas of London most would shy from posting pictures of.

I'm not naive enough to make up my mind based on preconceived notions or opinions of others regarding cities. I have been to two of the cities in the UK you mention and I think your premise in using them as some sort of a yardstick of how bad a city is is highly unfair and it's not right anyway. The parts of Manchester I went to were very impressive and I thought it is a fine city with a lot going for it. Yes it might have problems but what city doesn't!?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.