SkyscraperCity Forum banner

Moscow | Federation Complex - updates & news

88K views 204 replies 66 participants last post by  victorsogo 
#1 · (Edited)
TV channel Discovery has concluded an agreement with “Mirax
Group” Corporation on shooting a documentary about the construction of “Federation” complex.

The documentary will highlight the work progress on the territory of the Moscow International Business Center “Moscow City” of a multifunctional office and recreation center “Federation” to be the highest building in Europe. Among the heroes of the film there will be the following construction participants – “Mirax Group” as project’s initiator and investor as well as its Russian and foreign partners: architects Peter Shweger and Sergey Choban, “Turner Construction”, “Thornton-Tomasetti Engineers Division”, “Jaros, Baum & Bolles”, “Williams Davies & Irwin Inc.(RWDI)”, ”Ant Yapy”, “Kaskatash”, “Stiles & Riabokobylko Ltd.”, “Hyatt International Corporation”, Design bureau №6 under “Mosproekt-2” and “Veshntorgbank” as the principal financial partner. The project is an international one pooling the interests of the Russian private business and the world high-rise construction experience.

The documentary will demonstrate the advanced technologies applied in the construction of the “Federation” tower. Namely the central core will be erected using hydraulic formwork – though yet unknown in Russia but a widely used in the West technology. This effective method of high-rise construction ensures an automated lifting of the central core formwork weighing more than 25 tons and saves carnage time.
Shooting will be carried out with a permanently operating video camera installed on the territory of the Moscow International Business Center “Moscow City”. The film will last 52 minutes. Shooting is planned to be finished in 2007 – by the time of completion of “Federation” complex construction.

See less See more
#95 ·
well it could have been world's tallest I don't see a reason to stick it.
It's getting ridiculous but I guess I can leave it for a few days to make you guys happy.
Stick it in the Russian section, we don't need stickied threads here. The main reason we made this section was to not have to sticky threads in the main page, no need to do it here either.
I don't see how it's the most important either.
It has its own Russian section. Why not sticky the Liebeskind tower in Poland, but it's got its own Polish section. Why not sticky the Dubai Towers in Istanbul, but there's a Turkish section.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.