SkyscraperCity Forum banner

Athens | Αθήνα

177K views 249 replies 31 participants last post by  KONSTANTINOUPOLIS 
#1 ·
Yialou Retail Park

REDS is developing the Yialou Retail Park in the area of "Yialou", Greater Athens.

Yialou is located 15 km from the center of Athens and has a catchment area of 1.6 million (within 30 mins). It will be the largest retail park in Greece.

Retail Parks often lack "atmosphere" and design. Yialou will provide a different, more welcoming experience to the retail park visitor.
It will include a hypermarket, DIY, toy, furniture, electrical and other stores, and will be adjacent to Greece's first McArthur Glen Outlet Center (a plot agreed to be sold to McArthur Glen by REDS). DEVELOPMENT TYPE: Retail Park LOCATION: Yialou, Greater Athens COMPLETION: 2009 SITE AREA: 91.000 m2 GBA: 54,600m2 GLA: 53,600 m2 COMMERCIAL VALUE: € 110 million PARKING LOTS: 1600

In 2007 a pre-agreement was signed with Henderson Global Investors Limited for the sale of Yialou Retail Park, to be developed by REDS.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Elefsina Center

This center, located in Attica's western suburb Elefsina will not only cater for the undersupplied local area, but its excellent access via the National and Attiki Odos Motorways enlarges the catchment area hugely.

The retail center will comprise of both large and small retail units, as well as cafeterias and restaurants. Development Type: Retail Center Location: Elefsina, Western Attica Completion: 2009 GBA: 15.000 m2 GLA: 9.400m2 Commercial Value: € 20 million Parking Lots: 300

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Academia Platonos

One of REDS' more recent acquisitions is a site at Academia Platonos. Academia Platonos is located in the Athens Historical Center very close to the new location of the Athens Stock Exchange. The site, at this fast-developing area of Athens, will be formed into prime modern office space.

The offices in Academia Platonos are part of a real estate development framework that will give new dimensions to the business pulse and urban life of Athens.

The project involves high-standard office buildings, of which business life in the Athens' center is lacking, with essential modern facilities consistent with the requirements for Grade A office space. DEVELOPMENT TYPE: Offices LOCATION: Athens, CBD COMPLETION: 2009 GBA: 19.000m2 PARKING LOTS: 380 COMMERCIAL VALUE: € 50 million

Athens Metropolitan Expo

In Autumn 2007, REDS S.A. announced its 11,7% participation in the share capital of the company "Athens Metropolitan Expo S.A." which - through a concession agreement will develop and operate the new Exhibition & Conference Centre at premises of the Athens International Airport.

Athens Metropolitan Expo will be the capital's largest Exhibition and Conference Center. DEVELOPMENT TYPE: Exhibition and Conference Center LOCATION: Athens International Airport, Spata COMPLETION: 2008 PLOT SIZE: 140.000 m2 GBA: 55.000 m2 GLA: 45.000 m2 No. EXHIBITION HALLS: 5 No. CONFERENCE HALLS: 6
www.reds.gr
More to come so stay tuned :)

See less See more
#82 ·
Yet another small-medium sized shopping center (according to the international standards that is) with GLA around 30,000 square meters (make it at least 60,000 total, including parking, etc). And this one came as a surprise to be honest, most of the recent publicity on shopping centers went to the "Athens Heart" one on Peiraios street,as well as the "Golden Hall" on Kifissias Avenue, both presented in the previous page.

Not to forget that the line 2 of the metro is to see an extension for another 5km up to the old Hellenikon airport, now an exhibition center, to be completed by the end of 2009. So, the metro will stretch along up to the middle of Vouliagmenis Avenue serving another 250,000 people minimum if we consider all the suburbs up to Voula and Kavouri where the Vouliagmenis Avenue ends.

In this manner, this excellent spot will attract people from the center of Athens up to the coastal suburbs (some 700,000 inhabitants). Excellent choice of location.

#83 · (Edited)
#87 ·
I have heard about this for some time now but I hope it is not realized UNLESS something of equal of bigger height is built. We should not forget that the 1985 building code does not allow for anything taller than 27m to be built in Greece.

Of all the Athenian land plots, THERE a 40-story tall building can be built.

#84 ·
Iaso Children's Hospital

The state - of - the - art children's hospital we created owes its existence to an ambitious goal that motivated all of us, the family of IASO Group doctors, that is to provide excellent specialized health care services to the children.

It is the only health center that will provide the solution to all pediatric health problems-with no trouble for them or their families. IASO Chilren's Hospital, is organized following the requiremts of a tertiary care Hospital, will be operating 24 hours a day, covering the entire range of a child's healthcare requirements. It is equipped with state - of - the - art technology, and an intensive care unit, in order for children to not have to be transferred to other hospitals.

IASO Children's hospital, under the guidance of the renowned professor of Pediatrics and President of the European Pediatric Association, Dr Andreas Konstantopoulos, is staffed with prestigious Academic and hospital doctors of all specialitis with many years of experience.

The provision of superior health care services, combined whth effecting hospitalization in a comfortable, child - friendly environment and is our vision and mission statement. We have created a unique institution, because we dreamed of the absolutely perfect healthcare organization, in which all parents will entrust, without any hesitation, the health of their children.

www.iaso.gr

--------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------

Golden Hall - Opening 27/11/08

www.protothema.gr
www.in2life.gr

#85 ·
#88 ·
@marcb, pity for the workers, do you have more info about the center, like who is the architect, construction company, in what stage of completion the building is?

@gm, "Η πλέον επικρατέστερη λύση θεωρείται η κατεδάφισή του και η ανέγερση στη θέση του ενός μεγάλου πολυτελούς ξενοδοχείου και ενός μικτού συγκροτήματος γραφείων και καταστημάτων."

I suspect a reptile-type complex not a T-Rex :D

I imagine a building of HQ, tall with lots of green spaces. If they are thinking to build again one of the usual Athenian office compexes like the one that quite recently babis vovos built in Halandri

www.babisvovos.gr

then better not to demolish the OTE headquarters. Anyway i was at the athens mall 2 days ago and there was activity in the OTE building. The one of the 3 wings had been covered with these green things we see on the buildings mainly on the historical buildings in city center. The 2nd wing seemded like they scratched the paint, as result of that the paint of the half part of the 2nd wing looked to fade out or something like that.

#89 ·
#90 ·
#91 ·
Beautiful complex and probably the biggest mulpiplex in Europe with its 20 screens plus the openair summer theater :). Been there many times but allow me to say that this is a refurbishment and not a new construction... unless they expanded the stores and shopping areas.

FYI, there used to be a "Planet Hollywood" restaurant there back in the day (mid 90's) where Bruce Willis and his band had performed.

Also, the particular area has a carrefour supermarket and a HUGE entertainment and fun park, the famous "allou" fan park http://www.allou.gr/main.html.

And yes, the whole area looks like south central Los Angeles. Without the gangs of course :D.

#92 ·
"Village shopping & more (ex. Village entertainment park) - The biggest multiplex cinema of Athens (21 screens) upgrade. Opening 29/11/08"
upgrade not new construction :)

#93 ·
Aye sir :).

BTW, expect pictures and probably a new thread in the Eurosection about the Golden Hall mall, to also be posted in the Hellenic architecture section . I hope to make it there Saturday although I reckon it will be PACKED with people. I may not even get a car to go there.

#94 ·
I hope to put your pics in this thread too. Although it has nothing to do with Athens and since i know you like tall buildings very much here is the 80m OTE tower in Pilion (Volos).

www.bioter.gr

#95 · (Edited)
Thission lofts

"Thission Lofts", is a listed industrial building on 123 Pireos Av., in the heart of a booming area, which is rapidly evolving into a cultural and leisure center of Athens. The building will consist of 19 Lofts (from 80m2 up to 230 m2), 1 multi-purpose hall (718 m2), 3 office/shop spaces (293m2 - 144m2 - 83m2) and underground parking area (20 spaces)."

www.thissionlofts.gr

--------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------

My loft

"The regeneration of industrial buildings in Athens continues!

Following the ThissionLofts project (renovation of a listed industrial building on Pireos str., www.thissionlofts.gr), the old flannel factory on Alkminis str., will house the residential project

Very close to the new metro station “KERAMIKOS”,
is elegantly and strategically situated between the up-and-coming Gazi and the classic Thissio in the core of the new artistic and leisure center of Athens. The building has already hosted happenings, art exhibitions, installations and video-clips (Raining Pleasure - Love Was Just A Girl - Stathis Drogosis - Sinhorese me).

, measuring 5.130 m2, will include underground parking, a gym, 22 loft units (from 65 m2 up to 200 m2) and 2 commercial spaces (700 m2, 740 m2). The terrace will be reconstructed in to a recreation area, allotment spaces and a stress reliving maze."

www.myloft.gr
www.if-untitled.com

#96 ·
Some various projects (i don't know her status though).

Commercial building complex - Chalandri

----------------------------------------------------------

Office building - Kavouri

-----------------------------------------------------------

City hall of Agia Paraskevi - Agia Paraskevi

Office & retail building complex - Peiraios avenue

Office & retail building complex - Kifissias avenue

Police headquarters - Peiraias

www.g-p.gr

#97 ·
Golden hall

www.pathfinder.gr

Self-financed future project - Peiraias

www.bioter.gr

#98 ·
This last project must be the new Mariner's Fund (Ναυτικό Απομαχικό Ταμείο) which is located in the new business district of Piraeus (Akti Miaouli) opposite the Piraeus expo center.

The building is completed (2005 if I recall correctly).

#99 ·
Golden Hall, the new luxury mall opens in Athens!!!

Images from the new "Golden Hall" luxury mall opened in Athens on Friday Nov 28, 2008:

Location: Kifissias Avenue, close to the AThens Olympic Sports Center (OAKA)

Data:

-41,000 square meters GLA, Athens second biggest
-135 shops
-1400 parking spaces
-target group: Upper middle class to Higher upper class.

For many more pictures and commentary, you are welcome to visit the relevant thread at the Hellenic Agora in http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=759160

#102 ·
You are right about the NAT building, i was tricked from the "future" project description which bioter has in his website. They need to update their site.

As for the Golden hall, thank you very much for your photos :)

#104 ·
I will answer later Grigori

------------------------------------

Athens Heart

www.pasal.gr

#105 ·
I may visit this one within next week.

Despite an otherwise "casual" appearance, the rumor is that it was well received by the public and has seen lots of customers during the Christmas holidays. I am happy to see that the restaurants on the top are all in business :)

#106 ·
I was there 2 weeks ago and ate in one of those restaurants, nice place and nice food. Overall a nice, functional, local-type size shopping center.

#107 ·
«Δεν κρίναμε επί της ουσίας»

Των ΚΩΣΤΑ ΜΑΝΩΛΙΟΥΔΑΚΗ και ΚΩΣΤΑ ΓΟΥΛΗ
Επειτα από ένα τριήμερο αρνητικών ειδήσεων στο θέμα του νέου γηπέδου του Παναθηναϊκού στον Βοτανικό (μετά την απόφαση του Συμβουλίου της Επικρατείας για συνέχιση της αναστολής των εργασιών στην περιοχή), χθες το μεσημέρι από το ΣτΕ προέκυψε μια μικρή αλλά σημαντική εξέλιξη, που αφήνει ελπίδες για την εκδίκαση της υπόθεσης στην Ολομέλεια την 6η Μαρτίου, αφού, όπως γνωστοποίησε το Συμβούλιο, η πρώτη απόφαση δεν έκρινε επί της ουσίας την υπόθεση.

Συγκεκριμένα, η Ενωση Δικαστικών Λειτουργών του ΣτΕ σε ανακοίνωσή της γνωστοποίησε ότι η απόφαση της Επιτροπής Αναστολών έπρεπε ούτως ή άλλως να παρθεί, προκειμένου να σταματήσουν τα έργα και να μη δημιουργηθούν τετελεσμένες καταστάσεις. Να μην προλάβει δηλαδή να «σηκωθεί» το Mall του Μπάμπη Βωβού. Κι αυτό διότι υπάρχει ήδη δικαστικό προηγούμενο με το Mall του Αμαρουσίου, το οποίο ενώ βρισκόταν σε εξέλιξη η διαδικασία συζήτησης των εναντίον του προσφυγών στην Ολομέλεια του ΣτΕ, «σηκώθηκε» κανονικά και αφού εκρίθη παράνομο, δεν μπορούσε μετά να κατεδαφιστεί.

«Η εκδοθείσα στις 19.1.2009 απόφαση της Επιτροπής Αναστολών δεν έκρινε επί της ουσίας της υποθέσεως, αλλά διέταξε να σταματήσουν προσωρινά οι οικοδομικές εργασίες, για να μη δημιουργηθούν τετελεσμένες καταστάσεις (η ανέγερση του εμπορικού κέντρου), οι οποίες θα καθιστούσαν ουσιαστικά άνευ αντικειμένου την κύρια δίκη, η εκδίκαση της οποίας έχει ορισθεί για τις 6.3.2009» ανέφερε χαρακτηριστικά η χθεσινή επισήμανση της Ενωσης Δικαστικών Λειτουργών, προκαλώντας κρυφά χαμόγελα στην Κηφισίας και Αλεξάνδρας.

Δεν είναι κρυφό ότι η παραπάνω εξέλιξη χαρακτηρίστηκε ως άκρως ενθαρρυντική στην "πράσινη" ΠΑΕ, διότι, όπως λεγόταν, το Συμβούλιο ουσιαστικά παραδέχθηκε ότι δεν εμβάθυνε στην υπόθεση και έβγαλε την απόφαση μόνο και μόνο για να σταματήσουν άμεσα τα έργα. «Αυτό σημαίνει δύο πράγματα. Αφενός ότι το ΣτΕ δεν μας δείχνει κανένα δρόμο -όπως ειπώθηκε- για να φτιάξουμε το γήπεδο και αφετέρου ότι μπορεί να υπάρχει άλλη απόφαση στην Ολομέλεια του ΣτΕ».

Εκτός από την επισήμανση για την υπόθεση του Mall, η Ενωση Δικαστικών Λειτουργών στάθηκε και στην κριτική που ασκήθηκε στο ΣτΕ για την απόφαση, κάνοντας λόγο για πρωτοφανή παρέμβαση: «Mε αφορμή την υπόθεση αυτή έχει εκδηλωθεί τον τελευταίο καιρό καταιγισμός ύβρεων, απειλών και απαξιωτικών χαρακτηρισμών εις βάρος του Δικαστηρίου και μελών του, από δημοσίους λειτουργούς (ορισμένοι μάλιστα από τους οποίους είναι και διάδικοι στην υπόθεση), καθώς και από δημοσιογράφους. Αθεμελίωτοι ισχυρισμοί για έλλειψη αμεροληψίας των δικαστών που χειρίζονται τη συγκεκριμένη υπόθεση είναι απολύτως απαράδεκτοι, επικίνδυνοι και αποτελούν πρωτοφανή παρέμβαση και άσκηση πίεσης στο έργο της Δικαιοσύνης, εν όψει της εκδίκασης της κύριας υπόθεσης".

http://www.goalday.gr/article.asp?catid=10534&subid=2&tag=7761&pubid=1677313
Άντε να δούμε.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.