SkyscraperCity Forum banner

Istanbul | İstanbul

161K views 699 replies 84 participants last post by  TBNL 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
#152 ·
But two major questions remain:

1) We definitely know that the shopping mall will have 5 floors.

But can the "5th floor" of the shopping mall be the separate glass section seen at right:

In that case the number of the shopping mall floors below the hotel tower will be 4, not 5.

2) Is the panoramic restaurant floor included in the 48-floor hotel tower, or is it a separate floor on top? From the renderings, it looks like a separate floor on top:

In this case, the total number of floors above ground will be 53.

About a year ago, when our friend Anil Köksal (Anatolia at Skyscrapercity) asked the engineers at the construction site, they told him that the tower will have 61 floors. 53 + 8 = 61, which makes sense.

For the time being, it's either 53 or 54 floors above ground.

But if the (unlikely) pessimistic theory is correct, then it has 52 floors above ground (4 shopping mall + 48 hotel, including the panoramic restaurant)

#153 ·
According to this source the panoramic restaurant floor is "above" the 48 hotel floors:

http://www.asansordunyasi.com/english/index.asp?makale=1848&sayfa=detay

The D OF I comprises of a striking 238 meter tower with a panoramic restaurant at the very top and below it are 48 levels of letable floors, the D of I also comprises of 5 levels of retail areas and 5 levels of underground car parking. Therefore the total height of the building from the lowest car parking floor to the top floor is 260 meters which makes it a very tall building as well as a dynamic looking building.
In this case:

1 panoramic restaurant floor
48 hotel floors
4 retail floors (the 5th retail floor is separate and not under the hotel tower)
---------------------------
3 basement floors
5 car park floors

53 floors above ground
8 floors below ground

#154 ·
So it IS 260 tall. Congrats, like I said, you break the 200m mark with two new buildings, the Dubai project and this one. Too bad the Endem Tower is not near though, that would have been interesting (kinda Kuala Lumpur where they built the Menara Telecom Tower and then as if they were not happy, they said : OK, screw it, let's go to the real thing, and built the Petronas :)

May God keep me in good health and relative prosperity, I wish to see these towers at some point. The Dubai are poineering and tall, the height appropriate for the size and importance of the city, OK, but the DOI is the millennium thing IMO. Highrise Bioclimatic Architecture with a vengeance... GO ISTANBUL!!! :):):)

#155 ·
gm2263
how can it be 260m?
the lift source says 238m
and IMO that will be the height?!!

~
53 Floors above ground
53*4m = 212m + ~25m spire = 237m

237m~=~238m

#156 ·
260 m is the height between the lowest car park floor (-8) and the panoramic restaurant (+53)

i.e. the height between all accessible 61 floors, including the 8 floors below ground, excluding the glass and steel extension on top.

238 m is the height of the building above ground level, including the glass and steel section on top.

#157 ·
The Mad Hatter!! said:
WELL i was reading a great book on this subject....it was called "high steel" and was about the construction of the "time warner center".

quoted from high steel

" If we had used steel instead of reinforced concrete that building would of been forty feet higher,said seinuk.. "those forty feet would have been nothing but a big sail on a day like this"

"over the last 40 years american concrete was now as strong as any in the world. the concrete used in the new trump world building was 12,000psi and 16000psi concrete was at hand.

"concrete has many advantages over stel as a structural material.
-it lowers the distance between floors,so that a 70story concrete building will be shorter than one of steel.floors in concrete buildings are 6inch slabs after wiring and ceiling fixtures,capet and floorboards are added the total will be of only 8 inches."

-in comparison a steel building would have floorplates of about 15inches.

*seems like a small about but when multiplied by 70 stories it can comeout to 40 feet in extra dead height.

-furthermore concrete goes up faster than steel because steel buildings require you continue adding materials to the original steel beams..concrete easier to manipulate,all you have to do is get a hammer while an imperfectly placed steel beam can destroy and cause havok.

-steel is still widely used because there are far more pliable,they are easier to renovate and easier to create mixed use structures with.also steel is more able to withstand long spans,and also steel has the strength of 50,000psi much more strength than reinforced concrete"

52*4,5m= 234m + 25m spie = 259 :D

#158 ·

#160 ·
superb tower... It will ignite the race between maslak and levent. Sisli is a surprise with sisli plaza. I like the idea that clusters have their own signiture buildings. This kind of unique and ambitious buildings increase the reputation of the cluster. Maslak strikes. Then the empire (Levent) will strike back with DTI. Yeah...

#161 ·

#163 ·

#165 ·
#167 ·
22 stories, 16 doublex, 56 residences.. m2 price is 6000 euros.. the apartments are 300 to 750 m2

Bellevue Residences by Kempinski (Ulus)

Astaş Gayrimenkul'ün Remag Gayrimenkul ile yaptığı yatırım ortaklığının sonucunda inşa edilen proje 7 bin metrekare alan üzerine kurulu 22 katlı iki kuleden oluşuyor. 16'sı dubleks 56 rezidansta metrekare fiyatları 6 bin Euro'dan başlıyor. Daire büyüklükleri 300-750 metrekare arasında değişiyor.
Sabah

#172 · (Edited)
Yeni istanbul - ISTANBUL [2x +40FL and 4x +20FL]

First the area
and the masterplan

Architets: Philip Johnson Alan Ritchie Architects

the towers

#173 ·
Residentials

#174 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.