SkyscraperCity Forum banner

Warsaw | Warszawa

376K views 2K replies 258 participants last post by  Arvin_2019 
#1 ·
"Zlote tarasy" construction update (WARSAW)

Photos by @R:type: (1 IX 2003)

And this is how it's going to look like (if someone still don't know):

See less See more
#28 ·
Originally posted by De Snor

Any visions or cancelled projects ??
No problem :D
Here they are:

Polkat: (its future is unknown, but probably won't be built)

Europrojekt Prosta (canceled)

Rotunda PKO (proposed)

European Trade Tower (canceled - that would be Warsaw tallest...)

Centrum Bis (proposed)

Centrum Zachód (proposed)

Jerozolimskie 107 (vision)

Port Praski (some kind of Warsaw's Canary Wharf - now it's only vision...)

#33 ·
From what I remember the PKiN was supposed to be wrapped in bubble wrap or something. Frankly, instead of spending that money on bubble wrap, the city could hurry itself up and usher in a plan for the redevelopment of Plac Defilad. A new name would be nice too... defilad, or parade, is so.... inapproriate.

#35 ·
My spoken Polish is good, but written Polish is not shall we say strong. I can't really read the posts on the Plac Defilad, can someone please summarize what is happening with the design, and if that wierd design with all the low buildings is the final design or if its just one proposal out of several.

By the way, hey, Im new to this fourm.
I live in London Ontario Canada but I was born in Boleslawiec Poland. :)

#41 ·
Is there a figure on how much this project will cost? Also, I learned in the Poish forum that there is more then one designer (companies) competing, if so why is this the only design we keep on seeing? I truely hope to God this isn't the last design, I don't like it one bit.

#44 ·
Originally posted by wholagun

Is there a figure on how much this project will cost? Also, I learned in the Poish forum that there is more then one designer (companies) competing, if so why is this the only design we keep on seeing? I truely hope to God this isn't the last design, I don't like it one bit.
I think i will have to dissapoint you. Suposedly this is the last plan for the area around PKiN. The guy whos in charge of the developments in the city ( main Architect or whatever u call him) is not a very big fan of skyscrapers.

#49 ·
Nice stuff all of it, I like the rounded design of the Srebna building.

But Warsaw needs more height, unlike a lot of other Europeans capitals Warsaw can afford to build higher since, as we all know, the goosesteppers levelled the place in WWII and there isn't that much historic architecture to protect by 'not building high'. This main architect dude should get shut up, ergo, fire him.

I think Warsaw is rare in it's stance as a European city that can develop a fully modern US style skyline because of this, so go for it guys! It's not like you don't have room!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.