search the site
 daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Continental Forums > دار زايـــد United Arab Emirates > Dubai Projects > Dubai Project Development

Dubai Project Development Other projects under construction and development

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old October 28th, 2015, 02:20 PM   #1
Gabriel900
Super Mod

Likes (Received): 23763

#UNDER C: CAYAN CANTARA, 38F + 42F Res (DUBIOTECH)

Located at the heart of a modern community that offers the latest residential and recreational facilities. Cayan Cantara Tower is also within proximity of the vibrant recreational centers in Dubai, including main roads, malls, restaurants, health centers, and educational institutions, etc. Only 2 minutes from Sheikh Mohammed Bin Zayed Road, it also takes 2 minutes to get to Al Khail Road, 6 minutes away from Emirates Road, 5 minute drive from Mall of the Emirates, 15 minutes away from Dubai Marina, 18 minutes away from Dubai Mall, and merely 20 minutes away from Dubai Al-Maktoum International Airport, the Cayan Cantara Tower not only offers luxury but also provides you with convenience and ease.

Location: http://wikimapia.org/#lang=en&lat=25...49085&z=15&m=b
http://cantara.cayan.net/

Check out the plot maps I worked on for Downtown Dubai/DIFC/SZR and Dubai Marina

firoz bharmal, Berliner01, AbidM liked this post
Gabriel900 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old October 29th, 2015, 02:26 PM   #2
RO 702

Likes (Received): 2

I've received my SPA but in one of the clauses it states Cayan to have exclusive Manager Rights for period from Completion of Building up to 15 years after, or max allowed by government if 15 years is not allowed (!)- this is crazy and unfair since once the Owners Association (OA) is formed (hopefully within 1-2 years of Completion) it should be the OA who decide who to appoint as Manager based on value-for-money principles. The SPA also states a fixed annual 10 % Management fee ('10% of all Expenditure including staff costs') whereas I know for a fact that Royal Oceanic building on the Marina has had a fixed annual 300,000 aed fee by 'Pacific Management' for the last few years, which comes to 5-6% of expenditure. Any advice please ?- I haven't signed nor sent the SPA back-but I've pointed out these concerns to Cayan and am still waiting for replies (it has been about 1-2 weeks)...
RO 702 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 2nd, 2015, 12:05 PM   #3
True Blue
Dubai Aye!

Likes (Received): 572

As I say with all off plan investments, better to wait than rush in.

In the good old days of the flippers there was a quick profit to be had, but in todays market the risk of off plan far outweighs the benefits.

I heard this project was sold out already.

There are none so blind as those who won't see.
True Blue no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 3rd, 2015, 12:17 PM   #4
RO 702

That's true but the problem is that if you don't get in early then you may lose out on the best apartments, and also with this development you had a good discount if you bought in early ("First Phase")-which I did. Also, we are talking about a well renowned developer-Cayan who, as far as I know, have built good projects and have a good name. They have built 'The Jewels', 'Dorra Bay', 'Silverene', and I think 'Infinity Tower' (renamed 'Cayan Tower').
Old November 3rd, 2015, 07:14 PM   #5
True Blue
Dubai Aye!

Likes (Received): 572

They had a good name earned through completing all their projects. However, since handover they have remained less than transparent on service charges and have not carried out repairs which should be part of the warranty they are legally obliged to honour. Spires falling off the Jewels and defects with the cladding fitted on Dorrabay as examples. Now if you ask them an awkward question, they just don't answer.

From what I can gather the Owners Associations are fighting to have them removed as Managers as they do not recognise the elected IOA board. All of our maintenance fees were transferred to accounts held by Cayan Real Estate business prior to the launch of Cantara instead of going to the dedicated maintenance accounts of each building. Now we are being told the sinking funds don't exist. Go figure!

There are none so blind as those who won't see.
True Blue no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 4th, 2015, 11:08 AM   #6
AltinD
The Modecator

Likes (Received): 5912

I can cheat you blind.

AltinD no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 4th, 2015, 12:47 PM   #7
RO 702

Oh shi*- I didn't know all of that
I just knew about all their projects, which look impressive, and that they were apparently reliable at completion/developing and I thought they had a good Standing/Name in Dubai; I haven't invested with them b4 to know all the other things, unfortunately.
I haven't sent back the SPA yet, and haven't signed it, as I'm still waiting for the answers to my questions which I may or may not get.....please keep me informed on anything to do with Cayan/Cantara- I appreciate your advice, sitting in the UK.
Old October 28th, 2016, 03:03 PM   #8
DubaiBlue

Likes (Received): 393

Cayan Cantra, Dubiotech, Dubai

Cayan Cantra, Dubiotech, Dubai

firoz bharmal, The-King, AbidM liked this post
DubaiBlue no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 29th, 2016, 04:47 PM   #9
Jet7

Likes (Received): 30

I can not believe my eyes; all this time and 0 progress? What happened?
Jet7 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 4th, 2016, 12:37 PM   #10
RO 702

Unhappy what's going on ?

Below ground work is supposed to have been (? almost) done with piling (? almost) completed, although I haven't been to the site-only got this info from Cayan. It would be great if someone could take some pics from the actual site of work.... please ?
Old November 27th, 2016, 10:58 AM   #11
Berliner01

Likes (Received): 1793

Quote:
Cayan to launch first hospitality project in Dubai

Saudi-based developer Cayan Group is set to announce the launch of a hotel apartments tower as part of its $272 million Cayan Cantara project in Dubai.

“The unbridled success of the first Cayan Cantara tower prompted us to carry on with our master plan for the Cayan development on the strategic Umm Suqiem Road," said Ahmed Alhatti, chairman of Cayan Group.

The Cayan Cantara project was launched recently, and the developer said its branded residences tower has received "tremendous response", with 60 percent of units sold.
The hotel apartment tower will feature more than 700 units in the form of studios, apartments ranging from one-bedroom to three-bedroom, and penthouses. It will also include shops, restaurants, meeting rooms, gym, spa, and lounge.
http://www.arabianbusiness.com/saudi...ai-653619.html
Berliner01 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 27th, 2016, 07:49 PM   #12
droneriot
Urban Hermit

Likes (Received): 2245

Random off-topic, but if all of Jumeirah Village, Sports City, Motor City, IMPZ, Arjan, DubioTech and South Beach is built, that would be a HUGE skyline, bigger than the one around the Marina/JLT/Media Cities.
droneriot no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 1st, 2017, 11:24 AM   #13
RO 702

Can someone please take some pics of the site so that we can see what the level of construction is please ? Or if that isn't possible just to drive by and let us know what they think ? Would be much appreciated guys. Thanks in advance.
Old February 2nd, 2017, 07:59 AM   #14
building1

Likes (Received): 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by RO 702 View Post
Can someone please take some pics of the site so that we can see what the level of construction is please ? Or if that isn't possible just to drive by and let us know what they think ? Would be much appreciated guys. Thanks in advance.
Nothing there yet. Only a fence.
building1 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 21st, 2017, 06:48 PM   #15
Gabriel900
Super Mod

Likes (Received): 23763

A new milestone achievement at #Cayan_Cantara: Concrete casting for the first part of the raft foundation has been placed for the future stunning new landmark of #Cayan_Group.

https://www.facebook.com/cayanre

Check out the plot maps I worked on for Downtown Dubai/DIFC/SZR and Dubai Marina

sgollis, AbidM, firoz bharmal, The-King, Munwon liked this post
Gabriel900 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 21st, 2017, 06:55 PM   #16
Chakazoolu

Likes (Received): 114

Lots of activity today. Will be the Park Rotana, Science Park.

It looks similar to the hotel on the Palm Jumeirah Crescent

firoz bharmal liked this post
Chakazoolu no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 5th, 2017, 12:46 PM   #17
RO 702

Update-just got a quarterly report from Cayan today with pics. Substructure work for residential and hotel/serviced towers in progress-aiming for July 2017 to get to 1st residential apartment level.
Old June 18th, 2017, 10:25 AM   #18
robert_dk

Likes (Received): 888

Site visit: Cayan Cantara, Dubai

Quote:
Fast-forward to Q2 2017, when CW conducted a follow-up visit: the Saudi Arabia-headquartered developer behind the twisted Cayan Tower, unquestionably among the most eye-catching structures in the Dubai Marina area, now has both the main contractor and operator on board, and is reporting significant progress.

Shapoorji Pallonji was awarded the main construction package – valued at $177m (AED650m) – of the $272m (AED1bn) development in October last year, and proceeded to commence construction works on the site the following month.

Half a year later, the Shapoorji team – currently comprising 800 workers, with the number expected to peak at 2,500 – is focussing its attention on ground-floor construction, having already completed two basements.

Photos courtesy of ConstructionWeekOnline

SiriusCane, sgollis, AbidM, Oatmeal, Munwon liked this post
robert_dk no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 18th, 2017, 11:10 AM   #19
droneriot
Urban Hermit

Likes (Received): 2245

That doesn't look very "prep" to me.
droneriot no está en línea   Reply With Quote