daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > Philippine Forums > Projects and Construction > Philippine Projects on the Rise > Mindanao

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old February 24th, 2010, 01:16 PM   #1
rustyboi
official

Likes (Received): 357

CAGAYÁN DE ORO | Gateway Tower [36F|164m|mix|u/c]

Limketkai group building Mindanao’s tallest tower
Feb. 23, 2010

THE Limketkai group, one of Mindanao’s largest business consortiums, got a P750-million from Security Bank Corp. to build the tallest hotel building in Cagayan de Oro City.

The group signed the loan with the Security Bank for the construction of the 18-storey Limketkai Hotel & Resort and its twin building, the 33-storey Gateway Tower, in the 30-hectare Limketkai Hotel and Office Complex.

The newly formed Limketkai Hotel & Resort Corp. will oversee the buildings’ construction, scheduled to start this year, as well as manage the 224-room, four-star hotel when it starts operating by 2012.

With exposures in agribusiness, commercial and office space development, the group dominated the business scene in Cagayan de Oro, where 300,000 foreign and domestic tourists go for vacation each year.

Security Bank reported P3.06 billion in net income last year from P2.3 billion in 2008. Revenues rose 19.9 percent to P7.9 billion, driven by a 22.2-percent improvement in non-interest income and largely from foreign exchange gains.

Security Bank also recorder a non-performing loans ratio of 1.25 percent from 2.92 percent in the same comparable period. The bank said its capital adequacy ratio, or capital-to-risk ratio, stood at 18.4 percent, better than the eight-percent international benchmark and the Bangko Sentral’s 10-percent minimum requirement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark_knight_detectve View Post
Photo bBelow is the Limketkai Hotel and Resort Corp. signing with Security Bank to finance their project. Scanned photo only from a local daily.

Last edited by rustyboi; February 24th, 2010 at 01:37 PM.
rustyboi no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old February 24th, 2010, 01:47 PM   #2
dark_knight_detectve
photographer

Likes (Received): 173

bossing, thanks for opening this thread. at least now we can have a much more specific discussion
Old February 24th, 2010, 02:09 PM   #3
michael_ray
TSADABOY84

Likes (Received): 398

So Gateway tower rin ang name ng 33 storey building ng LKK?
Old February 24th, 2010, 02:14 PM   #4
donnex
Golden City

Likes (Received): 9

It is quite confusing actually coz the tarpauline says LKK hotel and Resort but in the news only the 18 storey will be the LKK hotel with 224 rooms while the 33 storey will be called Gateway Tower but probably it will be manage by LKK hotel ang resort???

Thanks Rustyboi for starting this thread.
donnex no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 24th, 2010, 02:17 PM   #5
dark_knight_detectve
photographer

as what ive heard, the 18 storey building will be solely owned by the LKK. as for the 33 storey, its a joint venture between LKK and a foreign company.
Old February 24th, 2010, 02:21 PM   #6
dark_knight_detectve
photographer

Quote:
Originally Posted by michael_ray View Post
So Gateway tower rin ang name ng 33 storey building ng LKK?
from what ive understood and heard, the 18 storey is the hotel. as for the 33 storey, its more of a commercial/office condo.
Old February 24th, 2010, 02:27 PM   #7
donnex
Golden City

Likes (Received): 9

well lets wait and see....
donnex no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 24th, 2010, 02:36 PM   #8
dark_knight_detectve
photographer

youre right! lets wait and see so as to be certain. i have to admit the 33 storey edifice is a surprise to me. according to the radio interview of vice mayor emano, it was 23 storeys only but i guess people are sometimes confused. its likely because he was only told and didnt actually see the plan. mao mao man gyud paminawon ang twenty three og thirty three tungod kay three and last. mao siguro na ang reason
Old February 24th, 2010, 04:44 PM   #9
manila_eye
Idiot Killer

Likes (Received): 74

33-storey building is no joke especially if it is outside manila. can't wait to see the render.
Old February 24th, 2010, 04:46 PM   #10
dark_knight_detectve
photographer

Quote:
Originally Posted by manila_eye View Post
33-storey building is no joke especially if it is outside manila. can't wait to see the render.
actually, here's the rendering below.

this tarp can be found within the LKK complex. the tall one is the 33 storey while the shorter one is the 18 storey LKK hotel and resort
Old February 25th, 2010, 01:55 AM   #11
anakngpasig

Likes (Received): 1613

my god! if the 33-story tower is an office building, it's definitely more than 100 meters, probably around 130 meters; hopefully 150 meters! it will be visible from everywhere in the downtown area!
anakngpasig no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 25th, 2010, 02:01 AM   #12
Dreamer's
Golden Heart's

Likes (Received): 21

well sa pagkakaintindi ko mas mauuna ata ang 18 storey hotel bago ang 33 storey, 750 million is for the 18 storey ata.
Old February 25th, 2010, 02:05 AM   #13
anakngpasig

Likes (Received): 1613

i can imagine some ignorant people from manila arriving at CdeO with a shocked look on their faces seeing this tall edifice how come things like this don't get the media's attention? this is great progress!
anakngpasig no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 25th, 2010, 03:22 AM   #14
mottymot_007
lugar lng nong...

Likes (Received): 631

Quote:
Originally Posted by anakngpasig View Post
i can imagine some ignorant people from manila arriving at CdeO with a shocked look on their faces seeing this tall edifice how come things like this don't get the media's attention? this is great progress!
Not to brag though, CdeO's been shocking people from manila before (even without any high rise edifice). Visitors who just arrive at the lumbia airport would think CdeO is just another typical provincial city, seeing nothing but coconut trees around the airport but once they get out of the airport and move downtown, surprises reveal themselves one by one. Like... 'Hala... may SM na din pala dito...',

Always believe in your soul!
You've got the power to know!
You're indestructible!

tomudasco.com

Cagayan de Oro City
mottymot_007 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 25th, 2010, 05:44 AM   #15
adeuksom

Likes (Received): 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by anakngpasig View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by mottymot_007 View Post
Not to brag though, CdeO's been shocking people from manila before (even without any high rise edifice). Visitors who just arrive at the lumbia airport would think CdeO is just another typical provincial city, seeing nothing but coconut trees around the airport but once they get out of the airport and move downtown, surprises reveal themselves one by one. Like... 'Hala... may SM na din pala dito...',
Same story over here,since i got some file of CDO photo collections/album( the best/latest about CDO) in my computer..passers by paused for a while upon seeing the view of our city..and commented "meron palang ganyan sa mindanao?is that really in mindanao?totoo ba yan or picture lang?akala namin mga punongkahoy and abu sayaf lang nandun..(to hell with them!ignorants!keeping the words in my mind) but good things some rescue came and gave their testimonies during their visits to our city and defended "ang ganda ng CDO ha,mayaman na syudad,malinis,mapera ang mga tao,maraming subdivisions,may plan nga kami nag-migrate kaya lang walang pinagkaiba ung mga prices sa manila or laguna mahal din"as verbalizedand they named places and events like LKK,SM,DV-soria,night cafe,water-rafting,etc..yung mga chikboy naman panay banggit "maraming magaganda sa CDO" kaya panay halungkat sila sa friendster ko hehe and as a matter of fact some people here were used to call me "CDO"! instead of my name

Last edited by adeuksom; February 25th, 2010 at 06:02 AM.
adeuksom no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 25th, 2010, 06:02 AM   #16
boju2
gigaGO Philippines!

Likes (Received): 18

Same fate with me, they call me mr. CDO, a fanatic Skyscrapercity forum member

SSC is a forum in helping nation building.
boju2 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 25th, 2010, 06:51 AM   #17
GearX
Just Registered

Likes (Received): 34

the media must have mixed up the names...i think the 33-storey bldg is another hotel of Limketkai with a foreign counterpart...in previous announcements, LKK is building 2 hotels, 1 locally funded and another with a foreign investor.
We are not here to compete with any other city nor are we here to follow the path of other cities. CDO is shaping its own destiny. It has carved its own name, and it's traversing its own path. It's OUR OWN... the Kagay-anon way.

- Michael Ray - 2012
GearX no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 25th, 2010, 07:36 AM   #18
zubuwood
The Lone Sentinel of CEBU

Likes (Received): 204

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark_knight_detectve View Post
actually, here's the rendering below.

this tarp can be found within the LKK complex. the tall one is the 33 storey while the shorter one is the 18 storey LKK hotel and resort
nice design it looks like Shangri-la Makati
zubuwood no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 25th, 2010, 08:16 AM   #19
dark_knight_detectve
photographer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GearX View Post
the media must have mixed up the names...i think the 33-storey bldg is another hotel of Limketkai with a foreign counterpart...in previous announcements, LKK is building 2 hotels, 1 locally funded and another with a foreign investor.
ah ok at least we'll be expecting two hotels then. thats awesome
Old February 25th, 2010, 09:56 AM   #20
manila_eye
Idiot Killer

Likes (Received): 74

how far is the LKK complex to the would be Ayala comlex and Gaisano?