daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Continental Forums > Middle East > Local Forums > Qatar > Doha Projects and Beyond

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old April 2nd, 2009, 03:38 PM   #1
Massilia
Qatar forums

Likes (Received): 5

Sheraton Park / Parking Project | WEST BAY | U/C

Sheraton Park work to start this summer

The Sheraton Park project includes a two-level car lot and an underground tunnel providing access to the under-construction Convention Centre across the road.

A computer-generated aerial view of the re-landscaped Corniche Road near the Sheraton Park

Work on the Sheraton Park project, an ambitious plan which will change the face of Doha’s Corniche, is scheduled to start this summer, it is learnt.
The project, with focus on developing the Sheraton-end of the over 8km Corniche into a public park, includes a two-level car lot and an underground tunnel providing access to the under-construction Convention Centre across the road.
The proposal also includes the design-build of a maintenance-depot and a control centre for Doha’s future light-rail passenger transit system and two connecting entry-and-exit tunnels.
QDVC, a subsidiary of Vinci Construction Grands Projects (49%), and Qatari Diar (51%) have already completed 50% of the feasibility study for the project.
The contract calls for the design-build of a 66kV sub-station for the utility provider, Kahramaa, in addition to two 11kV sub-stations.
According to information posted on Vinci Construction’s website, the project consists of a 73,000m2 public park of “exceptional quality”, including basins, water fountains, children’s playgrounds, cafes and restaurants.
Certain parts of the car-park building are air-conditioned. It will have a dozen lifts as well as a freight lift. An electronic guiding system will direct users to available parking spots.
The agreement with QDVC is an ECI (early contractor involvement) contract, which enables the company to involve in the design and study phase (phase 1) and in which construction costs (phase 2) are then jointly determined by the client and the company.
Phase 1 covers preliminary activities such as repositioning the Sheraton Hotel’s network and re-alignment of the Corniche Road, in addition to developing studies and evaluating project pricing.
“A cost-plus-fee pricing structure is being used for phase 1, with an approved budget of about €10mn (over QR48mn),” the website pointed out.
Phase 2, or the construction phase, is expected to start in the summer of 2009 and is valued at about €200mn (about QR962mn) over a 32-month period.
The engineering details say that the project would require roughly 1mn cubic metres of excavation – approximately half of which must be carried out in limestone below the groundwater table.
The groundwater table will be permanently drawn down until construction of the building’s shell is completed.
The Corniche Road separates the Sheraton Park from the West Bay business district.
Massilia no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old April 2nd, 2009, 10:18 PM   #2
Qatar Son 333
BANNED

Likes (Received): 2

WaaaW, much better than a useless car parking lot...
Qatar Son 333 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 3rd, 2009, 09:09 AM   #3
QatPhils
DOH - AUH - Baguio :D

Likes (Received): 7

Wow! That's good, Doha certainly needs more greenery.
Baguio - Philippines - NORTH LUZON'S ...most popular shopping, dining & investment destination ...largest business center ...real estate capital ...second largest economy (after Pangasinan province) ... Queen City, NORTH OF MANILA'S ... education, tourism & convention center
QatPhils no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 3rd, 2009, 10:44 PM   #4
Qatar Son 333
BANNED

yeah, greenery right next to the towers :P the sheraton will certainly look unique XD
Old April 5th, 2009, 07:13 AM   #5
suzan
Que puedo decir?

Likes (Received): 1

OOhh, I like it!!
We actually need something like this at that spot!
Old April 5th, 2009, 07:13 AM   #6
suzan
Que puedo decir?

Likes (Received): 1

OOhh, I like it!!
We actually need something like this at that spot!
Old April 5th, 2009, 04:52 PM   #7
Halawala
Fairouzy

Likes (Received): 182

I saw plans for this like a year ago. It will be built also under the parking lots and it will serve as the main parking area for the tower. So, nothing will be built overground. Hope they start soon on this cause it will take a long time considering the ground watertable levels in the area.
Old September 9th, 2010, 06:14 PM   #8
Massilia
Qatar forums

Likes (Received): 5

Qatari Diar and Vinci joint venture wins Qatar car park deal

Car park will be built in front of Sheraton hotel

Qatari Diar Vinci Construction (QDVC) has won a €264m ($337.8m) contract to design and build an underground car park and landscaped gardens in Doha.

The work will involve designing and constructing the car park with around 2,000 spaces and the landscaped gardens in front of the Doha Sheraton Hotel, which is located in the financial and diplomatic district of the West Bay area of Doha.

The landscaping work will cover a 73,000 square metre area and will involve building fountains, play areas and restaurants.

The contract will also include the construction of a maintenance depot and command centre for the future Doha light rail system, as well as three electricity substations. The construction of a cut-and-cover tunnel between the car park and the future Doha Convention Centre is also part of the project.

QDVC is a 51:49 joint venture company of local developer Qatari Diar Real Estate Investment Company (QDREIC) and France’s Vinci Construction Grand Projets.
Massilia no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 9th, 2010, 06:26 PM   #9
stevensp

Likes (Received): 36

Looks quite good, very nice scene and will fit perfectly in Doha...
am curious of the result and more render images...

+ more of my music and paintings will be posted soon!
stevensp no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 19th, 2010, 08:32 AM   #10
XP

Likes (Received): 0

West Bay New Car Park | WEST BAY | APP

The West Bay area in Doha is to get a major facelift and the much-needed parking space with the completion of an ambitious car park project in front of the Sheraton Hotel by 2013.
As reported earlier in Gulf Times, Qatari Diar Vinci Construction (QDVC), a joint venture between Diar and the French construction major Vinci, has been awarded the project to build the underground car park and landscaped gardens at a cost of QR1.22bn.
“QDVC has been awarded the contract to design and build an underground car park and the landscaped gardens fronting the Doha Sheraton Hotel, in the financial and diplomatic district of the West Bay,” a company spokesperson said yesterday.
The contract covers the design and construction of a car park with around 2,000 spaces for Sheraton Hotel guests and the general public. The car park will be fitted with an electronic system to guide drivers to vacant spaces that would be a first in Qatar.
The state-of-the-art project will be a major trendsetter for Qatar’s multi-billion dollar development plans and add to the many novel features being added to the capital city like the Dohaland, the New Doha International Airport and the metro rail system.
According to the terms of the contract, the project will be completed in 34 months. It will have a maintenance depot and command centre for the future Doha light rail system as well as three electricity substations and the landscaping of a 73,000sq m area which includes fountains, basins, play areas and restaurants.
Also included in the project will be the construction of a cut-and-cover tunnel between the car park and the future Doha Convention Centre which is already under construction.
The project will meet the much-needed and long-standing demand for parking space and leisure facilities in the West Bay which is the prime financial district in downtown Doha.
Besides the Sheraton Park site project, QDVC is now working in Lusail on the Car Parks and the LRT (Light Rail Transit System), on the PS70 Doha North sewage joint venture, the Qatar-Bahrain causeway joint venture and in Eritrea on the Dahlak Island resort.

Source
XP no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 19th, 2010, 08:38 AM   #11
XP

More renders,

Old September 19th, 2010, 03:24 PM   #12
XP

Old September 20th, 2010, 03:28 PM   #13
Qatar Son 333
BANNED

We have a thread for it its named sheraton park i thinl (not sure), but we really so have a thread.

Thanks for the pics though, they are new. Westbay will become more attractive with this park
Old January 9th, 2011, 01:18 PM   #14
salman515
Smile :)

Likes (Received): 167

this is now Under construction change the title please
salman515 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 9th, 2011, 02:55 PM   #15
Alrayyan
Little Monster <3

Likes (Received): 218

There is another thread for this !!! please merge them.
When you're gone i'll still be Bloody Mary
Alrayyan está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old January 9th, 2011, 06:11 PM   #16
Kuwaiti

Saw that area, the Doha corniche looks quite exquisite.
Kuwaiti no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 10th, 2011, 09:55 PM   #17
Alrayyan
Little Monster <3

Excavation works are doing good I guess...

Old January 11th, 2011, 12:41 AM   #18
Halawala
Fairouzy

Likes (Received): 182

I guess they rerouted part of the Cornish so they could excavate the area between the tower and the park. After they do that, they will reroute the road on top again and excavate the other side, I guess.
Old January 11th, 2011, 01:35 AM   #19
Kuwaiti

Was that pic taken from Sheraton hotel? Nice view.
Kuwaiti no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 11th, 2011, 09:17 AM   #20
Alrayyan
Little Monster <3

No, Qtel- Fourseasons hotel area

Tags
doha