daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > India > Metropolitan Projects > Hyderabad

Hyderabad Project news from Hyderabad and Secunderabad



Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.


Reply

 
Thread Tools
Old November 11th, 2009, 08:17 AM   #101
harsh1802
MAVerick
 
harsh1802's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 6,717
Likes (Received): 101

Grt snAPS.

Wrong thread?
__________________
Harsh's Photo Thread / Bharadwaj's mini South India Trip

Webcams Thread / Hyderabad Cityscapes

"We are all atheists about most of the gods that humanity has ever believed in. Some of us just go one god further." - Richard Dawkins
harsh1802 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old November 11th, 2009, 02:08 PM   #102
ranga
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Hyderabad,NCR
Posts: 3,467
Likes (Received): 892

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgs4 View Post
How can you say it is a wise decision ?, please elaborate
Because they are finding difficult to sell.Even people who booked the flats at the start of the project are beginning to cancel.Lanco is undertaking the constructions with their own as well as borrowed funds and there is hardly any flow from the booking stream.There is already pressure from the lending financial institutions and Banks to service the interest part of the borrowed sums.This has landed them in problems in cash flow and also affecting the other group companies.This is the reason for them to get out of this particular activity, that is, construction of commercial and residential space.However,they will complete the existing projects Come what may even at a huge loss as it is a prestige issue for the LANCO group but the construction of over 100 floors signature tower is ruled out and that is a wise decision.
ranga no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 11th, 2009, 05:34 PM   #103
Jai
ॐ शान्तिः शान्तिः शान्तिः
 
Jai's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Haleiwa, Oahu, HI :. Waianae, Oahu, HI :. DETROIT, MI
Posts: 3,703
Likes (Received): 79

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranga View Post
Come what may even at a huge loss as it is a prestige issue for the LANCO group but the construction of over 100 floors signature tower is ruled out and that is a wise decision.
Once again vested economic interests make for poor reading skills.

No where does it say the Sig Tower is ruled out. No where does it say that Lanco Hills is anything but delayed. And to no one is that a surprise.
Jai no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 11th, 2009, 07:49 PM   #104
mgs4
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 43
Likes (Received): 3

Ok, as Jai mentioned vested interests is what is killing the mega structures that should be donning the country, i doubt if we ever cross 70 floors in this country !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranga View Post
Because they are finding difficult to sell.Even people who booked the flats at the start of the project are beginning to cancel.Lanco is undertaking the constructions with their own as well as borrowed funds and there is hardly any flow from the booking stream.There is already pressure from the lending financial institutions and Banks to service the interest part of the borrowed sums.This has landed them in problems in cash flow and also affecting the other group companies.This is the reason for them to get out of this particular activity, that is, construction of commercial and residential space.However,they will complete the existing projects Come what may even at a huge loss as it is a prestige issue for the LANCO group but the construction of over 100 floors signature tower is ruled out and that is a wise decision.
mgs4 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 11th, 2009, 07:57 PM   #105
niknak
Registered User
 
niknak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 2,071
Likes (Received): 317

I knew the tallest skyscraper of India title would never leave Mumbai!
niknak no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 12th, 2009, 05:39 AM   #106
Vara123
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 871
Likes (Received): 166

Quote:
Originally Posted by harsh1802 View Post
Grt snAPS.

Wrong thread?
Thanks @harsh1802. I moved them to the right thread and aslo added some more pics.
Vara123 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 12th, 2009, 07:35 PM   #107
mgs4
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 43
Likes (Received): 3

Not sure about that, Lanco has not cancelled the skyscraper yet, although very unlikely to be built.

Quote:
Originally Posted by niknak View Post
I knew the tallest skyscraper of India title would never leave Mumbai!
mgs4 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 12th, 2009, 07:52 PM   #108
Hindustani
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 4,358
Likes (Received): 626

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgs4 View Post
Not sure about that, Lanco has not cancelled the skyscraper yet, although very unlikely to be built.
true. Lanco Hills Signature Tower is "NOT" cancelled at all. They are building the rest of the towers, infra, roads, tunnel at record pace despite slowdown in real estate. once it picks up, they might actually outsell them in record time. Because Sig Tower land is already completely demarcated, it might actually be built at record pace once it gets u/c.

only reason it wont be build is cuz of govt clearance.
Hindustani no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 13th, 2009, 09:58 PM   #109
viper9999
BANNED
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 237
Likes (Received): 2

I wouldnt get my hopes high on the Sig tower for the moment atleast. Let alone the sig tower, they are not even completing all the residential/commercial as planned. 3 of the residential towers from the plan have not even started yet. More than 90% of commercial towers have been put on hold. Only one commercial tower of the 10+ planned is coming up for now. It makes no logical/business sense to contruct a premium 100+ storey tower when the company has no confidence in selling smaller buildings.
viper9999 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 17th, 2009, 08:59 PM   #110
Hindustani
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 4,358
Likes (Received): 626

Lanco Hills including 112-fl Signature Tower

Hindustani no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 18th, 2009, 06:21 AM   #111
29A
Registered User
 
29A's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Baroda, Chicago, Seattle
Posts: 551
Likes (Received): 45

Hmmm... I do not know how economics is a problem for this projects. If you are assuming that the demand for the residentials will come from India alone then you are mistaken. Vast swathes of NRIs will come in and start buying as well. In fact they are likely to be the growth drivers, especially for this sexy looking beast. Probably because they are the ones that are going to afford this.

As for commercial, I am a little surprised. All commercial space should have bee totally sold out. This puzzle I am unable decipher. There is so much demand for it in India simple because there is not enough available.. And here is Lanco scaling down things for want to buyers.. Strange.
__________________
Even the devil may die!!
(29A)16 = (666)10
29A no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 23rd, 2009, 10:50 AM   #112
stupid007
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 134
Likes (Received): 34

"So much demand" for commercial space ..... in Hyderabad?
Look around you....so many towers lying unsold, half-built and unoccupied.
Everywhere you see commercial space built 90% to completion and abandoned.
Lanco has not been able to sell even one of its proposed 12 commercial towers.
Waverock is desperately organizing broker meets and nothing is happening.


Quote:
Originally Posted by 29A View Post
...
As for commercial, I am a little surprised. All commercial space should have bee totally sold out. This puzzle I am unable decipher. There is so much demand for it in India simple because there is not enough available.. And here is Lanco scaling down things for want to buyers.. Strange.
stupid007 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 23rd, 2009, 07:40 PM   #113
ranga
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Hyderabad,NCR
Posts: 3,467
Likes (Received): 892

Quote:
Originally Posted by 29A View Post
Hmmm... I do not know how economics is a problem for this projects. If you are assuming that the demand for the residentials will come from India alone then you are mistaken. Vast swathes of NRIs will come in and start buying as well. In fact they are likely to be the growth drivers, especially for this sexy looking beast. Probably because they are the ones that are going to afford this.

As for commercial, I am a little surprised. All commercial space should have bee totally sold out. This puzzle I am unable decipher. There is so much demand for it in India simple because there is not enough available.. And here is Lanco scaling down things for want to buyers.. Strange.
Vast swathes of NRIs will come and start buying and rescue the builders in our Hyderabad from financial mess!!!!!! but then when they are coming to rescue?
All commercial space should have been totally sold out???Is this a puzzle if most of them remain unsold or unleased.Come to india and mana Hyderabad and see for yourself the market conditions here and the pitiable condition of the builders and their bankers.Don't dream sitting in some foriegn land
ranga no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 23rd, 2009, 07:59 PM   #114
mgs4
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 43
Likes (Received): 3

Dear Mr Ranga Garu,
I appreciate your wise words about the market conditions et. al, however I have noticed that you seems to have a pessimistic attitude towards building skyscrapers, and you are aware this is a fanboy forum for skyscrapers, bashing builders and skyscrapers is not in the best interest of the forum, if you have something constructive to share, please do, but donot derail the psyche of the folks here. Sorry for being blunt, hope you understand.


Quote:
Originally Posted by ranga View Post
Vast swathes of NRIs will come and start buying and rescue the builders in our Hyderabad from financial mess!!!!!! but then when they are coming to rescue?
All commercial space should have been totally sold out???Is this a puzzle if most of them remain unsold or unleased.Come to india and mana Hyderabad and see for yourself the market conditions here and the pitiable condition of the builders and their bankers.Don't dream sitting in some foriegn land
mgs4 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 23rd, 2009, 08:40 PM   #115
smertin
Registered User
 
smertin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: hyderabad
Posts: 231
Likes (Received): 12

absolutely superb reply 4 that senile folk,u were really generous i should say,had it been me,it would have really meant that,this guy would never ever dare to post these futile preachings n really driving everybody out here mad....
smertin no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 24th, 2009, 05:48 AM   #116
29A
Registered User
 
29A's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Baroda, Chicago, Seattle
Posts: 551
Likes (Received): 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranga View Post
Vast swathes of NRIs will come and start buying and rescue the builders in our Hyderabad from financial mess!!!!!! but then when they are coming to rescue?
All commercial space should have been totally sold out???Is this a puzzle if most of them remain unsold or unleased.Come to india and mana Hyderabad and see for yourself the market conditions here and the pitiable condition of the builders and their bankers.Don't dream sitting in some foriegn land

Buddy, I am right here in India. I live and work in Vadodara, Gujarat. See my avatar, read my location. The demand for commercial space is high in this part of the country. GIFT is already sold out. They are planning the Dholera SIR. (Hope it gets built though ). Anyway, since Hyderabad has a larger economy than any Gujju city (Surat maybe comes close), I thought it would have a larger demand for such space, since it is the "IT" capital 'n' all... It's just common sense dude.. With high growth rate, comes good demand. Guessing a growth rate of 7-8 % for Hyderabad even in recessionary times, I would still forecast a healthy demand, considering a 11 - 10 % consistent growth rate for Surat and Ahmedabad for many years. For the record, do not worry. Although I remain vehemently skeptical about the growth of human capital in India and the legitimacy of democracy, my enthusiasm for skyscrapers and their demand for them in the coming future will not wane if some guy posts some comment with 17 smilies.

Cheers.
__________________
Even the devil may die!!
(29A)16 = (666)10
29A no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 24th, 2009, 07:07 PM   #117
ranga
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Hyderabad,NCR
Posts: 3,467
Likes (Received): 892

Quote:
Originally Posted by 29A View Post
Buddy, I am right here in India. I live and work in Vadodara, Gujarat. See my avatar, read my location. The demand for commercial space is high in this part of the country. GIFT is already sold out. They are planning the Dholera SIR. (Hope it gets built though ). Anyway, since Hyderabad has a larger economy than any Gujju city (Surat maybe comes close), I thought it would have a larger demand for such space, since it is the "IT" capital 'n' all... It's just common sense dude.. With high growth rate, comes good demand. Guessing a growth rate of 7-8 % for Hyderabad even in recessionary times, I would still forecast a healthy demand, considering a 11 - 10 % consistent growth rate for Surat and Ahmedabad for many years. For the record, do not worry. Although I remain vehemently skeptical about the growth of human capital in India and the legitimacy of democracy, my enthusiasm for skyscrapers and their demand for them in the coming future will not wane if some guy posts some comment with 17 smilies.

Cheers.
Young man if i have offended u my apologise.Well i am a retired banker and a senior citizen born and bred in Hyderabad.contrary to ur impression Hyderabad is not growing even in its niche field that is the IT sector.There is hardly any investments forthcoming for the past five years.In fact Hyderabad stagnation started much before the recession in the Developed countries.Gujarat is and always a progressive state and has accelerated faster under the dynamic leadership of the present CM Mr.Narender Modi.Please visit Hyderabad and see for yourself the condition of this city and form ur opinion.
ranga no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 25th, 2009, 04:44 PM   #118
v_reddy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 81
Likes (Received): 7

Hyderabad is next only to chennai

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranga View Post
Young man if i have offended u my apologise.Well i am a retired banker and a senior citizen born and bred in Hyderabad.contrary to ur impression Hyderabad is not growing even in its niche field that is the IT sector.There is hardly any investments forthcoming for the past five years.In fact Hyderabad stagnation started much before the recession in the Developed countries.Gujarat is and always a progressive state and has accelerated faster under the dynamic leadership of the present CM Mr.Narender Modi.Please visit Hyderabad and see for yourself the condition of this city and form ur opinion.
Hyderabad is next only to chennai..that is also marginal...I agree in reality you might not see them..and you only see infrastructure issues all around...but we are talking about INDIA here...not any other developed country....One doesn't have to be optimistic but don't be pessimistic...

Five out of eight cities see upward trend in hiring in Oct

Bangalore Chennai, Bangalore, Delhi-NCR, Kolkata
and Hyderabad saw an uptrend in hiring in October 2009 compared to September while, Mumbai and Pune saw a decline in recruitment, a report said.

At the national level, job index indicated a decline by 3.9 per cent in the hiring activity in October 2009 as compared to September due to festive season, according to Naukri Jobspeak, the monthly job index released by Naukri.com.

Chennai saw an uptrend in hiring activity by 7.05 per cent, Bangalore
by 3.3 per cent, Delhi-NCR by 2 per cent, Kolkata 1.43 per cent and Hyderabad 6.65 per cent. Mumbai and Pune saw a decline in recruitment activity, bringing down the index by 9 per cent and 2.3 per cent respectively.

As compared to September, ITES/BPO industry saw an increase in hiring activity in October by 4.4 per cent.

Banking and Healthcare also witnessed an increase in hiring by 4.1 per cent and 12.43 per cent respectively. Recruitment activity in oil and gas bounced back with an increase by 4.8 per cent.

Telecom witnessed a reduction in hiring by 15 per cent while, auto/auto ancillary and pharma/biotech saw a decline by 8.9 per cent and 7.5 per cent respectively. Both IT software and hardware saw a slight drop in hiring by 2 per cent and 4.4

per cent respectively.

The index has been calculated based on job listings added to the site month on month.
v_reddy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 23rd, 2010, 07:39 PM   #119
united
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 167
Likes (Received): 3

is the tower still on the drawing board or they have planned to build it ??
united no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 23rd, 2010, 08:33 PM   #120
ab041937
Learning Enthusiast
 
ab041937's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Glasgow/Mumbai
Posts: 1,173
Likes (Received): 4

Nearly shelved..
__________________
"If I were to look over the whole world to find out a country most richly endowed with all the wealth, power and beauty that nature can bestow – in some part a very paradise on earth – I should point to India."

"There is no book in the world that is so thrilling, stirring and inspiring as the Upanishads." (‘Sacred Books of the East’)

- Max Muller, German Scholar
ab041937 no está en línea   Reply With Quote


Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Related topics on SkyscraperCity


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 12:39 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Feedback Buttons provided by Advanced Post Thanks / Like (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

SkyscraperCity ☆ In Urbanity We trust ☆ about us | privacy policy | DMCA policy

Hosted by Blacksun, dedicated to this site too!
Forum server management by DaiTengu