SkyscraperCity Forum banner

vote for your favourite supertall design

524K views 7K replies 391 participants last post by  DavKami 
#1 ·
hey y'all i took me allot of time to get back but i have this new design is a 88 floors mixuse building (ps... it not done)

See less See more
#2,008 ·
I think this looks a little bit similar... (Really little, NOT being sarcastic.)

Do you got your inspiration here??????

#2,010 ·
Hey guys,

So I'm about to download Kerkythea on my new Mac. I can't remember but I think someone told me using or downloading Kerkythea is different on a Mac than on a PC.

Is there anything I need to know before I go and download Kerkythea onto my Mac?

Cheers! :cheers:

-thryve

#2,011 ·
Can anyone help me out?

I looked on the Kerkythea website and it says I must download "X11" before I can download or run Kerkythea.

However, it only has instructions for people using Mac Leopard or Tiger... but my version is called "Lion".

Anyone know what I am to do?

#2,013 ·
I also use mac, and i alredy have x11. X11 is a computer software system and network protocol that provides a basis for graphical user interfaces (GUIs) and rich input device capability for networked computers. (Wikipedia :D)
I think, (i'm not sure.) that most of macs already come with x11 installed.
Anyway, returning to Kerkythea, I downloaded the new version from kerky's official website. And this is all what i got:

and i have Mac's OS X Leopard
So I dont know why, but i think this new version has a problem (??) or maybe my mac has a problem....

#2,015 ·
Hi thryve…

X11 is already built in OS X Lion.. ;)
there only yet an compatibility problem on it yet.. but hopefully i have figure it out an fix for it.. (this might work as well for you JMGV.. but i don't know why is there a problem on snow leopard)

first of all you need download the Kerkythea file.. and mount it (double-tap.. to mount the disk image)…

then all you have to do is… Open up Terminal app
and write this commands lines

Code:
  $ cd
  $ mkdir kerky
  $ cd kerky/
  $ cp /Volumes/Kerkythea2008/Kerkythea2008.pkg/Contents/Archive.pax.gz .
  $ gzip -d Archive.pax.gz 
  $ pax -r -f Archive.pax 
  $ ./Kerkythea
then it will install automatically.. and be placed somewhere in a folder called kerkythea.. on your account on Finder…

Good Luck ;) any help with mac.. just ask.. :cheers:

#2,016 ·
When I double-click on the Kerkythea.dmg file that I downloaded from their site (I guess it's the installer?) nothing happens. It won't open. :(

#2,017 ·
Must be another version.. Or an corrupted file???
I will sent you today later... The .dmg file.. Then it's only double tap.. And It will mount the disk.. Then you don't need to open the installer... Only run those command lines on terminal.. :cheers:

#2,018 ·
Must be another version.. Or an corrupted file???
I will sent you today later... The .dmg file.. Then it's only double tap.. And It will mount the disk.. Then you don't need to open the installer... Only run those command lines on terminal.. :cheers:
would you send it to me too?? please! :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.