daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Continental Forums > North American Skyscrapers Forum > United States Urban Issues > Southeast > Development News

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old December 11th, 2014, 10:17 PM   #3301
MIRYDI

Likes (Received): 171

January groundbreaking announced for mixed-use Music Row building
Crescent project to include 275 apartments, retail, recording studio

https://www.nashvillepost.com/news/2...c_row_building

Also, I posted this in the 505CST thread but I figured I'd post it here as well. The site plans and some other details about the project are now public. Obviously it has been redesigned and the official height of the tower will be 747'. Some other details from the articles include that Tony will be leasing 400 parking spaces of the adjoining MDHA parking garage now under construction, and there will be an amenity deck on top of it. It will also include some retail space as well.

A bunch of us had the pleasure to meet with Tony G. last weekend, including a few posters from the board here (wreynol4, markhollin, ariesjow and LA_TN), and he was kind enough to share his plans for this project. We know a lot more details about it, but unfortunately cannot say at this time. Going to have to wait until more info becomes public. Anyway's here are some images from the site plans.

Link for the site images came from...http://www.12thandbroad.com/story/ne...rises/20175421

wreynol4, desertpunk, VEGAN liked this post
MIRYDI no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old December 11th, 2014, 10:56 PM   #3302
wreynol4

Likes (Received): 33

Meeting Tony G was so inspiring. I'm grateful to the guys at the meet up that worked behind the scenes to put it all together. The meet up was tremendous lot's of great people there, looking forward to getting to know everyone more.

MIRYDI, ariesjow, markhollin liked this post
wreynol4 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 12th, 2014, 03:13 AM   #3303
MIRYDI

Quote:
Originally Posted by wreynol4 View Post
Meeting Tony G was so inspiring. I'm grateful to the guys at the meet up that worked behind the scenes to put it all together. The meet up was tremendous lot's of great people there, looking forward to getting to know everyone more.
It was definitely quite an experience for me as well. I'm still kind of shocked that he actually took the time out of his busy schedule to come to one of our meets. I mean, there was obviously nothing to gain by it, so that really shows what type of person he is. I thoroughly enjoyed hearing from a developers perspective on how things work, and especially enjoyed hearing all the details on past and present projects that a lot of us have been following from the very beginning. I was fascinated to learn the details that went into projects like Sheet Music/Bridgestone, SoBro, and of course Signature tower and now 505CST. Tony is definitely very passionate about his projects, and the city of Nashville as well. So glad that I had the opportunity to meet him.

It was nice to have finally met you as well, wreynol4. Hope to see you again at the next meet in January. Oh and check your messages too. I sent you a couple pics I took at the meet.

ariesjow, markhollin liked this post
Old December 12th, 2014, 03:56 AM   #3304
wreynol4

Yea I definitely agree with everything you said. I think you are right I think he really enjoyed "nerding around" with us and just being one of the guys for a few hours. No media to answer to, no partners, no tough questions, just a laid back atmosphere with a bunch of guys who are thee just because of a general interest in Nashville and how it is growing.
Old December 15th, 2014, 08:32 AM   #3305
LA_TN

Likes (Received): 9

12-13-14

new SESAC headquarters on Music Row

MIRYDI liked this post
LA_TN está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old December 16th, 2014, 05:28 AM   #3306
ariesjow

Likes (Received): 55

505 CST's name is officially changed to Paramount and it's currently slated to break ground in early 2016. Article also notes that completion of SoBro is expected by summer of 2016 and 1818 Church Street (renderings below) should be financed and ready to go by years end.

http://www.tennessean.com/story/mone...line/20462665/

MIRYDI liked this post
ariesjow no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 16th, 2014, 03:06 PM   #3307
MIRYDI

^

Construction to start early 2016

Giarratana sees 60-story Paramount transforming Nashville's skyline
http://www.tennessean.com/story/mone...line/20462665/

Giarratana gives new name, start date for downtown tower
http://www.bizjournals.com/nashville...-downtown.html

Last edited by MIRYDI; December 16th, 2014 at 04:01 PM.
Old Yesterday, 12:21 AM   #3308
Yackemflaber68

Likes (Received): 2

aww i thought it would start in 2015
Old Yesterday, 07:04 AM   #3309
LA_TN

Likes (Received): 9

The parking structure is currently under construction. That has to be completed or nearly completed before the Paramount can begin construction
LA_TN está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 04:21 PM   #3310
MIRYDI

Article is still behind the paywall, but it looks like another phase of the One C1ty project will begin in the spring, which will include an apartment tower up to 15 stories. An office building is already under construction at the site.

One City developer targets spring start for apartment tower
Multi-building project's first residential structure could rise 15 stories
https://www.nashvillepost.com/news/2...partment_tower

The site currently

The first office building under construction

Renderings of the complete project

wreynol4 liked this post
Old Yesterday, 04:51 PM   #3311
wreynol4

One City, Sheds on Charlotte and the other projects along that road are already starting to have a impact on prices in Sylvan heights the neighborhood directly behind it for the better! What an exciting time to live in that part of town. Also I wonder what the deal is with the First Baptist site, we have now had 2 developers walk away from it. I wonder if the second one lost the deposit like Tony G did. That would be a few million to FBC just from people who never actually did anything. Hopefully a serious developer comes along and get's that going, it is such a prime piece of real estate. At 18 million I would buy it myself, it's just about $17,999,000 out of my price range
Old Yesterday, 06:02 PM   #3312
MIRYDI

^I think a lot of the problems with the First Baptist Church site is the church itself. First of all they're asking too much money for the property. Second of all there is stipulations in the deal that the developer must provide them with a certain amount of parking spaces in the new development. Then you have them meddling in the lending process when developers want to buy the property. All that along with the Westin and JW Marriott fixing to be built across the street is making it difficult for a developer wanting to build a hotel there. I think the site would be better utilized as mixed-use or residential at this point. Something will eventually be developed there, and it might even be Tony G that gets it done, but we'll just have to wait and see what happens.

Speaking of the Westin...It should be breaking ground anytime now. Hoping to see an updating rendering soon, especially after looking at this crude piece of work we've been seeing for so long.

Demo clears way for SoBro Westin
https://www.nashvillepost.com/blogs/...r_sobro_westin

Tags
development, nashville, tennessee