SkyscraperCity Forum banner

Discussions | Metropolitan Developments

2M views 10K replies 295 participants last post by  jackso 
#1 · (Edited)
#1,041 ·
Yeah, Finbar has been getting into a few of these smaller developments outside of the CBD. They have a couple in Maylands and Currumbine as well.

Don't wish Finbar out of the CBD though. Without them and Diploma nobody would be building any new highrise apartments!

#1,045 ·
^^ yeh thats what disappoints me...

I dont know if I could live in one of these massive apartment complexes? I live in a 3lv 45 apartment complex now and just some of the neighbors are fricken annoying, either to loud, too messy or too complainy!! Owner occupiers are good, rents are just disrespectful fuckers!! haha

#1,046 · (Edited)
well tha more apartments you have in tha complex, it's more likely you'll have concierge/security... if renters/visitors get too noisy, security can sort it pretty much straight away...

>>>

not related to neighbours, but just before going on holiday, our agent tells me "perhaps you should take it down and store that headboard"... anyways i listened i quickly took down tha headboard (pretty speccy wooden balinese inspired piece) to make tha room look "fresher" for tha home open and placed it in our spare car-bay... anyway we were in such a rush that afternoon, becos someone put an offer to buy tha place and we had a flight to catch... so i forget all about tha headboard and we'd already left for tha airport... then we get back and asked security, he remembers tha building manager taking it to tha waste basement... anyway, approached tha building manager and he was such an ass about it... "you know tha rules..." i was so pissed off... it wasn't even in tha way of other people or anything... like for anything else they have tha owners corporation manager write you a letter to tell you about it... last couple of days, i just been giving tha building manager dirty looks and rolling my eyes when i see him...

i just don't know what re-course to take, compensation would be good... i feel violated someone took my sh*t... tho at tha moment i got plenny other things to sort out first...

i don't know where that came from... but i just wanted to get that off my chest...

kthanx...

#1,050 ·
if it was left in your car bay they can not remove it as that is your property and constitutes as thief. Those bays are the same as if they were your backyards or garage. I have already gone thru something similar re common property/private parking bay.

edit: P.S Sanj (MBW) if ya dont know, ya betta asx sumbody!!

:p

#1,051 ·
oh yeah btw crave might be worth you getting him to inadvertantly admit in an email that he threw it out, at least that way you will have it in writing. if you do end up having some recourse but nothing in writing to prove that you threw it out he might end up denying it

#1,054 ·
if it was left in your car bay they can not remove it as that is your property and constitutes as thief. Those bays are the same as if they were your backyards or garage. I have already gone thru something similar re common property/private parking bay.

edit: P.S Sanj (MBW) if ya dont know, ya betta asx sumbody!!

:p
There are often restrictions as to what you can store in your apartment car bay.

It prevents people from dumping rubbish or using them as quasi-store rooms.

Though temporary storage of a large item like a head board seems reasonable. They definitely should have asked or written requesting it be moved first. Surely they must know items like that aren't cheap.

#1,056 ·
hahaha.

well, i'm about to write to tha owner's corp manager and see what she has to say about it all... i went to check tha information folder but it appears it doesn't contain tha rules... i'm certain there is some protocol regarding notification to residents/tenants in tha by-laws... they notify people just about on every other issue... so it's very inconsistent that they didn't say anything about it before hand... if it's not by writing, it's concierge/security by mouth... i mean, when security see a window down in tha carpark, they'll come to your apartment and tell you to put your window up... it's completely wrong to go from one extreme to another...

so i'm very eager to see what tha big lady says... tha security didn't bother with it, clearly seeing what it is... but as mentioned, you'd think common sense would prevail, but when "by-laws"/"rules" get mentioned it's all of a sudden in black and white...

anyway, try not think about it, i just get annoyed with myself... hiss.

#1,058 ·
Diploma adds Midland project to big list
24-January-11 by Staff Reporters

Fresh from last week's $130 million project news, Diploma Group has secured a 2,634 square metre site in Midland for a $25 million, 60-apartment mixed-use complex.

The property is the second site Diploma has bought for development in Midland over the past year, and includes two lots at the corner of Keane Street and The Crescent.

Diploma is currently building the Foundry Apartments in Midland, and has reported 85 per cent pre-sales, with construction expected to be complete midway through the year.

Pre-sales for the new project will commence when Foundry is completed, Diploma said, while construction will begin in the second half of this year.

"Midland is currently undergoing significant urban renewal," Diploma chief executive Nick Di Latte said.

"The sales success of Foundry Apartments demonstrated that the market has a clear appetite for apartments in a prime location that offer value for money and a convenient lifestyle.

"We anticipate demand for this new development to be as strong as the Foundry development."

The acquisition brings the total value of Diploma's development projects to $560 million to be completed over the next three years.
http://www.wabusinessnews.com.au/en...A&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=article_click

#1,059 ·
Yeah, Finbar has been getting into a few of these smaller developments outside of the CBD. They have a couple in Maylands and Currumbine as well.

Don't wish Finbar out of the CBD though. Without them and Diploma nobody would be building any new highrise apartments!
Do you know what is the address of the Currambine dvlpmt? and what design is that one?
The kind of multi level resi bldgs up that way are all plain like in design; i hope this one will look a bit different to the rest currently there... the only good one is opposite a park, but that's just a tiny lot with like only 3-4 apartments over the three levels it has. If this is near the railway line then something with retail on the ground floors would also be nice.