daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > Vietnam Forum

Vietnam Forum Xin Chào! Welcome to Vietnam

Old August 23rd, 2006, 11:05 PM   #1
hklover

Likes (Received): 0

Post Saigon urban housing trends

It seem to me the city is building more and more appartment. The reason is to relocate the mess of crowded, complicated neighborhood, perhaps?
All the rich has been moved out to the surburb (Thu Thiem, Thu Duc, Binh Chan'nh), building up villas, mansions. So what will be left in the city? Most cities in US, people tend to live in the suburbans and commute to town for work, leisure, entertainment, ect. Will Saigon develop in this trends. I wonder what will be the urban trends in Saigon in the future? C an anyone who's in the field give me some answers? Thanks!!!!
hklover no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old August 24th, 2006, 08:28 AM   #2
skidlin

apartments in saigon are built not only to reorganize the mess of the chaotic tube houses in the city. they are also for the reason of accomodating the population growth of the city in correspondent to the city's drastic economic growth.
i believe saigon will follow the step of most urban cities in the world. residents will live in the suburb and come to work in the city during daily hours. the thu thiem project is planned like so, a small percent will stay in high residential apartments in the thu thiem center and the rest will commute to work from adjent suburban districts. this type of trend is apparent everywhere like kuala lumpur in malaysia and singapore, and vn sends a lot its city planners to learn from those two SEA cities.
skidlin no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 2nd, 2006, 04:12 AM   #3
steve

Agree with all comments been posted. I have travel to many develop cities in China and Hong Kong. I realize new development in the future will be concentrate to the center. It won't be like in the USA where you live far away and drive to the cities to come to work.

Reason for VN to built and live in the cities:
1) the road is hard to get around therefore more people will want to live close to where they work otherwise they will wake up 3 hours ealry.

2) Higher gas price so it doesn't make sense to live far away.

3) when go out why pay for hard parking when you can live in the city. Everything happen in the cities food, entertainment, shopping..etc. Therefore for these reason VN with live very close to each other in the cities.

The only reason if my theory is wrong is if VN have a good MTR system like Hong Kong or transportation to move people around the cities will be an expensive place and people will want to live close. Look at the USA more high rise are going up in the cities.
steve no está en línea   Reply With Quote