daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Continental Forums > North American Skyscrapers Forum > Metropolis & States > Tampa Bay Area > Transportation and Infrastructure

Transportation and Infrastructure Discuss mass transit, roads, bridges, airports, water management, etc here.

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old November 23rd, 2009, 05:59 PM   #1
HARTride 2012
Tampa Bay Area Mod

Likes (Received): 674

Questions, comments, or concerns about the Tampa Bay Transit Website

For now on, I will post any updates to my new site here. I don't know if this thread will better belong on this subforum, or in the Skybar, but nonetheless, you can post any questions, comments, or concerns about the site, and I will post periodic updates here as well.

For the meantime, I put the website back online, and will likely keep it as it is until about mid December or so. I'll be making further modifications/expansions when time permits. I have finals coming up so don't expect any further updates until at least mid December (if I'm not busy working everyday lol). I have all my pages and content ready to go basically, but uploading things to Tripod seems to be such a pain at times. But I'll get over it sooner or later.

I've also had trouble setting up the TECO streetcar page, so I put all the photos from Shawn into a photo album on the site until I can get everything on that page fixed.

Also created a links page to many interesting pages, both from my own explorations and also from Shawn's old site. I'm also expanding the credits, some of you may notice yourselves being mentioned there

http://tampabaytransit2012.tripod.com/
HARTride 2012 | Please visit my website: Public Transit As Told By HARTride 2012 - Public Transit told from a unique perspective! - Tampa Bay, New York City, Hampton Roads, Europe | Follow me on Twitter | "Like" my page on Facebook
HARTride 2012 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old November 25th, 2009, 12:08 AM   #2
transitrider

Likes (Received): 0

Hi,

Be honest with you, why use Tripod? Why not your own website and it will make it more professional? I don't mind giving free accounts to anyone who want to make webpages about transit and they can do whatever they wish.

Just a idea. I support Public Transportation always.
transitrider no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 25th, 2009, 12:17 AM   #3
HARTride 2012
Tampa Bay Area Mod

Because at the moment, I cannot afford it. I'm going to school full time right now, and my job does not pay me enough to be able to support such an endeavour. I'm definitely open to having my own thing for this site. But financially, I just can't do it right now.
HARTride 2012 | Please visit my website: Public Transit As Told By HARTride 2012 - Public Transit told from a unique perspective! - Tampa Bay, New York City, Hampton Roads, Europe | Follow me on Twitter | "Like" my page on Facebook
Old November 25th, 2009, 12:25 AM   #4
transitrider

I understand your point and I do not blame for your hard work and try to have websites for you to enjoy. I really hate people using sites such as Tripod because of ads and poor service. I just want look good for thier sites as well.

I can offer better than Tripod, evenually. Yet, it's free

I will launch that in December so you may look for that.

Again, keep the good work and have a great holidays
Old November 25th, 2009, 12:28 AM   #5
HARTride 2012
Tampa Bay Area Mod

Thanks. Same to you.
Old December 14th, 2009, 01:20 PM   #6
HARTride 2012
Tampa Bay Area Mod

Now that school is done for now, I'm going to be taking down the site for the duration of the holidays.
Old January 14th, 2010, 10:08 PM   #7
HARTride 2012
Tampa Bay Area Mod

Going to move the site....

Tripod has been giving me headaches...literally. Uploading things on there have taken more time than I expected. And there are some issues with viewing the photos.

On top of that, I had absolutely no time over the break to work on the site.

So, In the next few months, as I go through school and working 2 jobs, I will eventually transition the site to Google Sites, which seems to be a lot easier to use.
Old January 25th, 2010, 03:38 PM   #8
HARTride 2012
Tampa Bay Area Mod

Made a quick blog update, including a change in the name & appearance. Also posted a new poll about the 1 cent increase in Hillsborough....

http://tampatransitutopia.blogspot.com/
Old February 10th, 2010, 04:39 PM   #9
HARTride 2012
Tampa Bay Area Mod

2/10/2010 update

The new homepage, HART general info page, and Paris Metro profile pages are all finished. The site is currently only accessible through invitation, if you'd like to visit the site, please send me a PM with your email address so that I can send you an invitation to view the site. This protocol will be in place until the site goes public later this year (likely around the fall of 2010).
Old February 18th, 2010, 08:37 PM   #10
HARTride 2012
Tampa Bay Area Mod

The site keeps expanding with each week that passes. If you want to view the site, please, please send me a PM so I can get your email address.
Old February 26th, 2010, 05:56 PM   #11
HARTride 2012
Tampa Bay Area Mod

2/26/10 Update

My HART section is nearly complete! I just have the 30-ft Gilligs and some of the retired buses left to go. I've partially completed my Paris Metro page, and am getting ready to complete the Sarasota transit page.

I am tentatively setting my Spring Exhibition (preview) for Wednesday March, 3 through Saturday, March 20, 2010. This is an INVITATION ONLY event. I will be sending out some messages real soon in regards to this. If you are interested in viewing the site & do not get an invitation, please contact me by sending me a private message or emailing me directly at hartride2012tampa@gmail.com

Last edited by HARTride 2012; February 26th, 2010 at 06:13 PM.
Old March 3rd, 2010, 05:46 PM   #12
HARTride 2012
Tampa Bay Area Mod

New Blog Address

In an effort to streamline all my various "items" (i.e. website, blog, mail, etc.) into my one Google Account, I have imported the Tampa Bay Transit Blog to a new address.

http://tampabaytransit.blogspot.com/

Rest assured, all the previous postings are still there.
Old March 19th, 2010, 03:10 PM   #13
HARTride 2012
Tampa Bay Area Mod

Got a question for everyone here...

My site is pretty much almost done for the time being. All that's really left that I can do with my own material is the Sarasota Transit section. Everything else would require additional contributions.

With that said, do you think I should make the site go public in mid May 2010? Or should I wait until fall?
Old March 31st, 2010, 02:44 PM   #14
HARTride 2012
Tampa Bay Area Mod

I don't know if it's just me? But I wonder why nobody here bothers to input on my site? I know alot of you are busy with more pressing issues, but if we're all so vocal about HART and HSR, then why not give me some advice for this endeavous that I'm doing? I just kindly ask for advice on this. I'd really appreciate it. Thanks

And for those of you who haven't seen my site yet. I'm going to try to place some sort of link here soon.
Old March 31st, 2010, 02:47 PM   #15
tampasteve

Likes (Received): 136

I would take the site public in May, with the referendum coming up it cannot be bad to have some more information available on the web.

Maybe add a section about the potential LR and how it has affected other cities like Charlotte and Phoenix?

Steve

"My badger's gonna unleash hell on your ass. Badgertastic!"
tampasteve no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 31st, 2010, 02:51 PM   #16
HARTride 2012
Tampa Bay Area Mod

Thanks Steve.

I have been thinking about an LRT page and anything to do with this ballot measure. Again, the site itself is almost done with the exception of the PSTA and SCAT pages, which would need contributions from others in order to make them work. But yes, your input definitely would make the site work better
Old April 1st, 2010, 02:18 AM   #17
transitrider

HARTride 2012: I have tried to contact you but you have not reply me back.

Thanks and just keep up the good work
Old April 1st, 2010, 03:13 PM   #18
HARTride 2012
Tampa Bay Area Mod

Oops, sorry there. I did get your email but honestly, I have not come to a decision on your proposition yet. Give me a little more time and I will see. Thank you very much.
Old April 13th, 2010, 08:07 PM   #19
HARTride 2012
Tampa Bay Area Mod

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to plan out and create a page on my site that is devoted to light rail in Tampa Bay. With school being crazy lately, I haven't been able to do much of anything on the site recently. With that said, if anyone here can help me pool resources and information about light rail in Hillsborough and Pinellas Counties, as well as any other municipality in Tampa Bay that is planning light rail, I would certainly appreciate it.
Old April 23rd, 2010, 04:38 PM   #20
HARTride 2012
Tampa Bay Area Mod

Hey there,

Since there not much more for me to really do with the site, other than adding a few more photos. I've decided to go ahead and set the public opening for the Tampa Bay Transit site to be on Monday, May 10, 2010.