SkyscraperCity Forum banner

Guess the highway

745K views 8K replies 306 participants last post by  Klaus9194 
#1 · (Edited)
Maybe it's time to start a game, similar to guess the city ones.

There are some rules though. The one that guesses the picture first, is allowed to post the next one. When there is no response in say, 24 hours, anyone can submit a new one. No new ones should be submitted unless the previous one is guessed correctly within 24 hrs.

Some other rules:
> Hints are allowed
> The pic must have something recognizeable, no rural highways that could be anywhere, unless they feature something special.
> All kinds of pics are allowed, Googled, selfmade, Google Earth, Live Earth etc.
> Don't make it too hard to guess
> No Struma
> The North must be on the upper side of the picture.
> Remember people are from all parts over the world, so again, keep it recognizeable.

I'll start with the first one.

See less See more
#8,001 ·
2 years later, let's try to revive this thread. Where did I take this picture?

#8,002 ·
Almost 24 hours later, no answer, so I am giving you a hint. Here's the same location, but from opposite direction:

#8,006 ·
The Spanish edition of this thread was bumped in May and has been strong since. It regularly features "out of place" roads, like one that appeared to be somewhere in the mainland but in fact was very very far away (so far away it was actually on El Hierro island!), or that road through a forest right above Barcelona I once played. They also played the one featured in the latest ChrisZwolle's video and I had to point out it had been renumbered to A-2520.

#8,011 ·
This might look like an ordinary dirt road, but there's something special about it. Where is it?

#8,013 ·
#8,015 ·
Nope. It is at hight altitude, but not that high. The clouds in the background, lower level, are somewhere around 3.000 m altitude.

#8,018 ·
The road to Mauna Kea?
Yes. It's the road going to the top of Mauna Kea summit (4200 m altitude). Nice drive with nice scenery. Only about 8 km of the road, the middle section, is unpaved. Because of this, they advise to drive only 4x4 vehicles to the top. The lower part and the top section are paved. In my picture, on the left, there's an old volcano cone.

You're cheating this time :tongue2:
:D

#8,019 ·
When is the last time we guessed a highway? I woke up in the middle of the night, couldn’t get back to sleep, started scrolling through Facebook, and saw this ad. I don’t care about the product, don’t even know the brand, but was trying to figure out what city it was. Then I saw a detail that pinned that down, and killed some time comparing the buildings on the photo with Google Street View until I found the exact spot. I’ll be impressed if anyone can find that spot but accept any answer that names the city and highway.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.