SkyscraperCity Forum banner

Kyiv Area Airports | KBP/IEV (Boryspil and Kyiv International-Zhuliany)

296K views 947 replies 96 participants last post by  Space Lover 
#1 ·
I didn't see any thread about the International Airport in Kyiv, so I decided to start one. The airport currently has 3 terminals: Terminal A- For flights only around Ukraine, Terminal B- International flights and Terminal C- Flights for vehicles. As you know that Poland and Ukraine are hosting the football tournament in 2012 (Euro 2012), so all the cities have to build modern airports big enough to let thousands of football fans arrive in like a day or so. So right now there are 2 Terminals being constructed in the Kyiv airport (Terminal D and Terminal F, I don't know why there is no Terminal E :eek:hno:). Currently there is good progress on the construction of Terminal F, but Terminal D still needs a lot of work.

Terminal B

Terminal D renders

Terminal F renders

Also photos taken from September 2009 of the construction sites:

Terminal D

Terminal F

See less See more
#6 ·
Here are some recent photos (January 2010)

Terminal B (Yes it is being reconstructed)

Terminal D

Terminal F :cheers:

#7 ·
More good photos, and good progress, especially with Terminal F :)

Terminal D

Terminal F

Terminal B (Reconstruction)

#11 ·
Terminal F should open sometime in May-June this year. Terminal F may open in the beginning of 2012.

#10 ·
Why so many small terminals and not just one averaged sized terminal?

#12 ·
They are not that tiny :eek:hno: Besides, this is a good idea of making a few Terminals, so that if there was one big Terminal, it wouldn't be so crowded at least.

#14 ·
This is sort of a map of the whole complex

Few visualisations of terminal D and a parking lot:

Interior of the terminal D

Some general information about it

The new terminal complex with approx. capacity of 3000 PHP

Located at a distance of 1250 m from the existing terminals.

The mentioned complex includes the following: construction of the terminal building of 110000 m2.

11 passenger loading bridges and 8 gates to the apron will provide flight arrival/departure.

apron for 21 aircraft parking stands

Construction Update

Terminal F (it's going to be used by low-cost companies and for charter flights)
Update:

Terminal B (after the reconstruction it's going to be used for the domestic flights)
They have finished reconstruction of the right part (outlined in yellow). Now they are working with the left part (blue)

Terminal C and A are going to be reconstructed too. Terminal A going to be used for domestic flights
Terminal C for VIP passangers

#15 ·
That's quite weird idea to separate whole airport. I understand if they separate for example only low-cost terminal, but other terminal can be one big complex, which is easier to operate and use transit zone. As of when new terminals will be built passengers suppose to run to other terminal if they want to travel abroad and arrived from other Ukrainian city. :|

#19 ·
That's quite weird idea to separate whole airport.
Kyiv is not the only city that will have such a system, take a look at the London Heathrow Airport, the terminals are all split up.

#22 ·
I'll add a bit better renderings of the Terminal D:

http://www.dogusinsaat.com/proje.asp?proje_ID=955&sirket_ID=1&dil_ID=1
Interior:

From Ukrainian sub-forum (posted by akhristov)

statistics (2008)
Passengers 6,700,000
Flights 96,997
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boryspil_International_Airport

As of when new terminals will be built passengers suppose to run to other terminal if they want to travel abroad and arrived from other Ukrainian city.
IMO that's not going to be a problem. I am almost sure that they will organize connection between terminals. And due to the fact that terminals not far from each other it won't take a lot of time to change terminal:)

#18 ·
New Photos :)

Terminal B

Terminal D

Terminal F

Reconstruction of the platform S.

#21 ·
There are many terminals operated by different owners, different airlines. It's the same way in JFK (New York)

#25 ·
#22: So, Lufthansa is coming down with two B707s daily? ;) Nice roof - like a few others here I do however not understand why no decision was made to put everything under one roof (or have at least only 2 Terminals, one for LCC, one for regular carriers) - Kiev is nowhere near the size of the examples given (LHR, JFK) and a single terminal would definitely boost Kievs possibilities as an ukrainean and/or eastern european hub. Wrong way to go IMHO.

#26 ·
#22: So, Lufthansa is coming down with two B707s daily? ;)
I think they will start with A380 daily:):)

Nice roof - like a few others here I do however not understand why no decision was made to put everything under one roof (or have at least only 2 Terminals, one for LCC, one for regular carriers) - Kiev is nowhere near the size of the examples given (LHR, JFK) and a single terminal would definitely boost Kievs possibilities as an ukrainean and/or eastern european hub. Wrong way to go IMHO.
It's not so simple as it seems. The problem is in the land. Land between terminal D and B is in private property.

#29 ·
These 2 photos of Terminal D were taken 11 days ago, but still huge progress :cheers:

#31 ·
Latest photos :)

Terminal B

Terminal D

Terminal F

Platform S

#33 ·
The Zhulyani airport? They do have a plan, as well as a render to modernize the terminal, but I don't think that they will modernize it, firstly because of the money it needs, secondly its not such a big airport, its only local flights around Ukraine.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.