SkyscraperCity Forum banner

NEW YORK | One World Trade Center (1WTC) | 541m | 1776ft | 94 fl | Com

22M views 59K replies 4K participants last post by  Riley1066 
#1 ·
Since the world trade center is finally under construction. I wanted to create this thread for photos and news about skyscrapersd and the memorial happening at ground zero. Please post photos of the site plan, and construction photos happening at the site. Hope you guys enjoy!!!!!! :)

#35,101 ·
I realize that the spire/antenna and official height issue has been beaten to death but I just want to express the opinion that if 1WTC ends up with that skinny little stick of an antenna and it's official height will be recognized as 1776 feet while the Sears/Willis Tower with it's much more substantial dual antennas that everyone recognizes is not included as it's official height then it's very clear to me that the organization that makes these decisions has been pressured to do so because of the national significance of The World Trade Center and that they're not following a consistent or honest course of action. That would be a shame because this is a beautiful building and it would be silly to twist the standards just so it could have the date of the Declaration of Independence as it's height.

#35,109 ·
Does anyone else think that it looks great on its own? I think it looks great with the complex done but I think it also looks good on its own.
That pic you quoted is my new wallpaper :cheer:

As to what we saw the cranes carry, I think it were only floor beams. The antenna will start rising only after concrete has topped out too :cheers: