SkyscraperCity Forum banner

NEW YORK | One World Trade Center (1WTC) | 541m | 1776ft | 94 fl | Com

22M views 59K replies 4K participants last post by  Riley1066 
#1 ·
Since the world trade center is finally under construction. I wanted to create this thread for photos and news about skyscrapersd and the memorial happening at ground zero. Please post photos of the site plan, and construction photos happening at the site. Hope you guys enjoy!!!!!! :)

#35,244 ·
Question guys, when I go to N.Y I stay in the 20's on 1st avenue. What would be the best method of transportation to go downtown and visit the site and where can I get the best views of 1 WTC? I would really like to see this tower in person :p
I suggest you to go to the West Street and walk its green boulevard all the way down to the WTC site. You´ll get amazing chances to take pictures and the possibility to take a walk on the highline Park, which is a MUST.

#35,248 ·
Hi everyone, my name is Steven, I've been watching this thread for about 8 months now, i have a real interest n this amazing building, from a construction point of view but also for the history behind this and what it stands for.
Im from Melbourne, Australia and I'm visiting NYC in December and cannot wait to get there and see 1WTC in person, and the Memorial.

So this is my first post on here after looking for so long, and i thought id contribute by combining the 2 images above, to see where the new WTC sits, i have used the building to the immediate left of the new WTC as a guide to place it in.

#35,250 ·
Hi everyone, my name is Steven, I've been watching this thread for about 8 months now, i have a real interest n this amazing building, from a construction point of view but also for the history behind this and what it stands for.
Im from Melbourne, Australia and I'm visiting NYC in December and cannot wait to get there and see 1WTC in person, and the Memorial.

So this is my first post on here after looking for so long, and i thought id contribute by combining the 2 images above, to see where the new WTC sits, i have used the building to the immediate left of the new WTC as a guide to place it in.

Well, Welcome :D Lol I have been watching 1WTC since 2006, and just joined this month so your not the only one :p

#35,254 ·
Word has came that 4 World Trade Center will top out next Monday.

It's also said that Tower 1 will top out Tuesday or Wednesday,but i doubt it.
Especially since it's ceremony is scheduled for July 4.
That is awesome! I knew Tower 4 would top out first they were and are moving amazingly quick on it...however I do agree with you about Tower 1 but hey who knows, maybe they will surprise us(LOL) we can all dream...

#35,255 ·
I agree. Anyone know the proportions of the roof section compared from old to new? Ie comparing parapet sizes between old and new? I know that the footprint is much the same.
At roof level the floorplate is half the size of the original WTC 1. Almost like if you got on top of the old tower and drew a point at the middle of each side then sliced off the corners back to the points of each ground level....or in this case about level 20 ?

#35,257 ·
Thanks for that picture, jbzonda. I'm also from Melbourne, Australia.

At roof level the floorplate is half the size of the original WTC 1. Almost like if you got on top of the old tower and drew a point at the middle of each side then sliced off the corners back to the points of each ground level....or in this case about level 20 ?
Many thanks for the info :)

#35,260 ·
Their is just 12 days until July 4 unless, the next jump is 50 feet iam sure topping off well be at 1,334 no way they will have enough time to do the roof and the parapet, but that just my opinion.
The next jump isn't 50 feet.
The parapet has a separate jump.
As we seen in tower 4 , your right, they can get the roof and parapet done.