SkyscraperCity Forum banner

NEW YORK | One World Trade Center (1WTC) | 541m | 1776ft | 94 fl | Com

22M views 59K replies 4K participants last post by  Riley1066 
#1 ·
Since the world trade center is finally under construction. I wanted to create this thread for photos and news about skyscrapersd and the memorial happening at ground zero. Please post photos of the site plan, and construction photos happening at the site. Hope you guys enjoy!!!!!! :)

#35,282 ·
does anyone know about what time they will start mounting the communications ring and spire?
This is what I'd like to know too.

#35,283 ·
This is what I'd like to know too.
They can't until the concrete flooring reaches the top floor which will take a couple of more months.

My guess would be September and it could take 6 months before its fully installed due to the onset of winter, and more hazardous work conditions. So the spire would be installed by March 2013.

The Glass would reach the top by December 2012.

So the tower would look complete by March 2013, so another 9 months. :cheers::cheers:

#35,285 ·
They can't until the concrete flooring reaches the top floor which will take a couple of more months.

My guess would be September and it could take 6 months before its fully installed due to the onset of winter, and more hazardous work conditions. So the spire would be installed by March 2013.

So the tower would look complete by March 2013, so another 9 months. :cheers::cheers:
Concrete is on the 93rd floor. Maybe if their still on their one floor per week schedule, then they can get it done earlier.

Glass is moving up very quickly, i could see it hitting the top around September- October.

Spire installation begins in the late summer.

#35,287 ·

I heard possibly this summer, even
Durst said so. Concrete isn't that far behind but maybe sooner. And as for the antenna, I wonder if they meant 6 months to build including the radome so without that, maybe itll be shorter