Votes: 18 1.6%
  • 3 or less

Votes: 67 6.0%

Rotterdam - Netherlands

Tags
rotterdam
246K views 860 replies 407 participants last post by  Pruim 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
See and enjoy here watching the skylinespics from Worldcity Rotterdam!
New and old ones..
Photos are from the Dutch forumpeople.
To many to call them all by each photo.

Rotterdam population 600.000

Metropolitan area 1,2 Million

Under Construction

Some historical pics.
Rotterdam in 1940

and After the city(cleaned up) was totally bombed and mostly burned down.

Thats why the city is totally new and modern.
Some old buildings where not destroyed like the Cityhall, White House(high white officebuilding on photo) and Office and some other streets.

See less See more
#6 ·
One of the most innovative cities in skyscraper design. Anywhere. I love Rotterdam's sense of adventure in design. It is very spread out, but that allows for each building to be taken in individually and for all of the interesting features to be easily seen. One of my favorite skylines anywhere.

9/10

#10 ·
Excellent. Maybe the most beautiful in Europe! Although, it still needs some more high rise buildings... That picture of the Delfste Poort at night is excellent. Still my most beautiful skyscraper ever.....

#17 ·
nice skyline with a good variation in height (imo what makes a good skyline) i believe however, the only thing it needs it s pinnicle. something high enough but not too high in the centre just to make it a world class skyline.

7, a skyline over looked i believe!

btw, what is the tallest building and how high is it??

#26 ·
sometimes unattractive in pictures but most of the time beautiful. never been to the city itself so i'm going to base my decision on pictures. it has great buildings to start with. and additional buildings, which should be taller and more beuatiful will give this skyline a perfect 10/10. however, at this moment 7.5/10. but because of the clean (i think) water that adds charm to the city, i give it 8/10

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.