• 3 or less

Votes: 81 7.8%

Buenos Aires - Argentina

339K views 3K replies 450 participants last post by  Joseph85 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)

]

See less See more
#27 ·
Indeed, Puerto Madero and Barrio Catalinas are the best of the urban renovation of Buenos Aires, in fact the Barrio Catalinas is also known as the "La Defense" of Buenos Aires.
As Primo said, in the front of Puerto Madero right now are many projects under development wich in the future will improve the Buenos Aires' Skyline.

Because is a great city, and is one that i love most in LA, mi vote for Buenos Aires is 10/10

#28 ·
you're right.

it's much more impressive with its density of 'lower high rise' than soms cities with their extremely high rise (in a desert of green)...

Don't misunderstand me, but I like the URBAN look of it (watch that Boulevard, how many lanes???????)

Gave it a nine for that!

#30 ·

I love the look of this city, really looks like Madrid, Barcelona or Paris with the streets crowded out with low-rise buildings. Cool. As for the skyline, seems to have a bit of a focal point in some of those pics, but hard topick out. Otherwise a huge sea of densely packed mid-rise buildings. Needs to get more height in a central location to create a nice form and focal point for the skyline.

#35 ·
Oaronuviss said:
Looks fairly dirty...
what's with the Washington Momument? I thought he was the president of the United States? :|

Labrador said:
6.5/10
I'm not too impressed with the skyline, but it looks a great city. The wide 'Parisien style' boulevard is very attractive, but I wouldn't like to be on it when it's busy. What is the large white collum in the middle of that boulevard, which looks a bit like the Washington memorial? Whatever it is, it's very impressive! :)
God! :wallbash: That white Monument is called "obelisc", it use to be a funeral monument, to reminds someone death. (by the way, many many cities has obliscs, including where I live, Sao Paulo, Brazil)
It´s very old thing, I show here an example from the old Egipt civilization...
So, you see, it´s not a privilege of United States´ president Washington.

and Sao Paulo´s obelisc:

#50 ·
the problem here is that people only consider height!! I bet that if they showed a shitty american city here, with some 4 buildings 200 meters tall and all the rest just houses, people would say "what a nice skyline, it has a focal point! Wonderful! 10/10".

Now there is this wonderful megalopolis that is Buenos Aires, with modern buildings, the tallest around 180 meters, and at the same time an low rise architecture which will remind anyone of Paris... and people BASH IT!! Ridiculous!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.