Votes: 18 1.7%

Votes: 10 0.9%
  • 3 and less

Votes: 80 7.5%

Moscow - Russia

334K views 1K replies 421 participants last post by  Leonardo M. Gaz 
G
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Moscow is the Russian Capital, which became a huge city(over 9 million habitants) during the Soviet regime.
The city containts the 2st tallest free standing structurein the world(Ostanikino Tower).
The city skyline is based on beautiful churches(like the one in the red square) and wedding cake tall buildings-
very unique combination of two contradictory beliefs- Communism and Religion.

scroll---->

See less See more
#162 ·
Moscow has a bit of an image problem in the west. Bleak, depressing, cold, drab, poor, etc. This thread proves that Moscow is rapidly modernizing and is booming. As a Canadian, and citizen of another northern country, the development of Moscow intrigues me. A large northern metropolis outside of Canada offers interesting comparisons.

I have little doubt that Moscow will one day have the best skyline in Europe. London and Paris seem to be building tall lately, but Moscow seems to have the potential to surpass both of these skylines.

#171 ·
Errm, I dunno... For sure, they're buildin a lot up there, but I don't see a good concept on this. It needs more dense, quality, height - But the Sisters add a remarkable charme to it, very special... Tough decision. :colgate:

I think I go well with a 7.5/10

#174 · (Edited)
by Inspirit Aug 18 2007

by Inspirit Aug 21 2007

by Brad

photo by Santucio
source here

at 124m high this bridge will be part of skyline, plus, there will be a cafe/ observation deck at the top with a view of the IBC

photo by Anton Nosik

more " a view from above" than a skyline, but I do not want to start a new thread because of this... plus Moscow State U is a building that is a skyline by itself

taken from one of New Arbat highrises, from about 100 m

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.