Votes: 197 6.2%

New York • Manhattan - USA

843K views 3K replies 1K participants last post by  bar10der 
G
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
G
#61 ·
There's Only One New York

10! New York invented the modern skyline. It is the epitome of vertical grandeur, filled with so many landmarks, towers, and vistas I don't see how some Chinese imitation could be more popular.

NEW YORK IS THE CAPITAL OF THE WORLD!

#62 ·
The New York Skyline is of course the model of a modern skyline, but I´ll not give it 10 points.
Tow reasons:
1. Many of the towers are relatively old and do not have a great architecture; most towers look boxy and really not modern anymore.
2. The WTC was the heart of the NYC skyline and is now really missing..

Though it seems to be forbidden to vote anything else than 10, I give it 8/10.
:runaway:

#68 ·
The best skyline of the whole world, although it would be better if it would have at least 3 or 4 buildings over 400 meters. But this could change in relatively short time because in my opinion Hk and mainly Shanghai are growing faster.

G
#72 ·
Its a definite skyline in need of tall buildings. I mean Hong Kong has more 1000+ footers. When Freedom Tower and New York Times Tower are completed NY will be back. Plus it needs more buildings in the 800-900 foot area

10/10 still!!!

#75 ·
I gave it a 5. I just don't like it very much. Sure, its got a lot of scrapers but seriously all I see are boxes. Not much architecture here. And it's got that huge gap imbetween lower and upper Manhattan, It's like two cities. Not very pleasing to me.

#76 ·
10/10
just too bad about the loss of the majestic twin towers, the downtown skyline isn't the same as it used to be. The wtc brought some variation between those 200 m towers, now it all seems a bit monotonous. I really hope the freedom tower brings back the impressive skyline new york deserves

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.