daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > Asian Skyscraper Forums > East Asia > Hong Kong (香港) & Macau (澳門) Forums > Projects & Construction

Old May 23rd, 2009, 07:58 AM   #1
spicytimothy
...::HK.:.:.:.LA::...

Likes (Received): 5

Should we petition for the next skyscraper in West Kowloon (廣深港上蓋商業地王)?

I just read the news below I am extremely worried. These environmental groups are monopolizing the media representation and our voice as skyscraper and urban enthusiasts are being silenced and blocked from the debate.

Is there anyway we can collect some signatures online or otherwise, and submit it when they open up the discussion? According to the news piece below, the environmental groups are definitely opposing it. We need to do our share of work to make sure Hong Kong gets another supertall and remain competitive in the world, but as an economy and as a skyscraper mecca! Let's do something!

廣 深 港 上 蓋 建 地 標 摩 廈

(星島日報報道)位於西九龍的廣深港上蓋商業地王發展方案,昨日獲城規會通過,委員認為,地皮位處未來中港交通交匯中心點,具發展潛力,故此未來物業設計具地標性及特色,可申請不設上限地放寬物業高度,圖為未來的中港貿易中心保留設計彈性。不過,有環團認為,是次未有為項目「寫死」高限,做法不合理,將於未來一個月內就有關用地提交城規申請。

城規會於昨日通過由規劃署提交的廣深港上蓋發展項目方案,城規會發言人指,地皮地積比限制以五倍發展,可作輕微修訂,惟高限則可視乎設計的地標性及特色,而不設上限地放寬物業高度,若完全善用地積比,發展商理論上可把物業由四幢縮減成一幢,令物業成為地標式摩天大樓。

城規會發言人解釋,由於地皮位於「戰略位置」,故有關高度未有「寫死」放寬上限,只是給予發展商發展彈性,發展商除了可按照規劃草圖內顯示的四幢發展方案外,亦可就個人設計,並根據地積比限制而修訂物業幢數,城規會方面亦將根據多個方面考慮該區大綱圖的修訂,由於鐵路項目地段特別,城規會不想扼殺地盤的發展可能性,而城規會將會在項目設計,以及公眾利益之間取得平衡。

昨日獲通過的方案,稍後將在憲報刊登,同時收集公眾意見,為期兩個月,隨後再提交城規會審議。

項目除高度及地積比可作放寬外,當中地盤亦要求未來發展中,貼近連翔道的用地,即由南至北加入一度通風廊,寬四十米,此外由地盤的東至西面亦要設一度通風廊,此外,地盤面積保留九萬五千多方呎以作公眾休憩用地,至於商場設計中,部分零售鋪位可以露天形式設計,打破一般商場的密封式設計。

環保觸覺主席譚凱邦表示,現時九龍站已有多座高廈,當中亦包括有逾百層的商業項目,加上未來尖東亦有商廈項目獲批重建摩廈,故此該地皮在高限上,未有「寫死」發展上限,認為此舉是留有「退路」,做法不合理。

至於該地皮限地積比五倍做法可以接受,不過限制在四倍以下相信效果更佳,而該會將於未來一個月內就有關用地提交城規申請。

有業界表示,政府是次考慮在地皮發展上為物業設計提供彈性屬好事,同時亦是在平衡社會訴求及發展之間作出嘗試。而地盤由於位處未來中港交通交匯中心點,發展潛力無限,且具有中港概念,若未來發展商能在地盤發展,一定會成為具有地標性或別具特色的建築物。

Sponsored Links

Old May 23rd, 2009, 09:53 AM   #2
Sher
patience

Likes (Received): 1

well as a world class city, hk needs a quality built environment, not quantity of supertalls..
i know many of us are skyscrapers enthusiasts, but to view it moderately, we should be considerate to others, our people, who suffer from poor (indoor) air quality and have no say.
Old May 23rd, 2009, 12:17 PM   #3
_00_deathscar

Likes (Received): 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sher View Post
well as a world class city, hk needs a quality built environment, not quantity of supertalls..
i know many of us are skyscrapers enthusiasts, but to view it moderately, we should be considerate to others, our people, who suffer from poor (indoor) air quality and have no say.
Then they should fuck off the massive 50 floor 20 building estates that get built, not the one super tall.
_00_deathscar no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 23rd, 2009, 04:21 PM   #4
caelus

IMO, what we need is not how tall it is, but how creative, stylish it looks. just take a look at our city, every building look like the same, boring, rectangular box with grey or white concrete skin, we are lucky that our habour is world famous, without the green mountains in the background, the only structure that is truly spectacular IMO is bank of china, thats it.
caelus no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 23rd, 2009, 04:49 PM   #5
vvill

Likes (Received): 2

i think of utmost importance the development should help linking up union square with tst... and we really don't want another huge podium block with no street activities at all!

i think im pro-skyscraper actually - at least it'll have a bit more thoughts in it rather than another cluster of mediocre buildings...!
vvill no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 23rd, 2009, 05:52 PM   #6
_00_deathscar

Quote:
Originally Posted by caelus View Post
IMO, what we need is not how tall it is, but how creative, stylish it looks. just take a look at our city, every building look like the same, boring, rectangular box with grey or white concrete skin, we are lucky that our habour is world famous, without the green mountains in the background, the only structure that is truly spectacular IMO is bank of china, thats it.
2-IFC, HSBC, Lippo, HKCEC.

There are plenty of gems...

The others which aren't gems individually form a whole that is greater than the sum of its parts (especially at night)
Old May 23rd, 2009, 06:45 PM   #7
caelus

Quote:
Originally Posted by _00_deathscar View Post
2-IFC, HSBC, Lippo, HKCEC.

There are plenty of gems...

The others which aren't gems individually form a whole that is greater than the sum of its parts (especially at night)
2ifc looks great not because of its architecture, but the fact that it is the tallest one in the region, if u put 2ifc in new york city u can tell it is just "another one of those"
Old May 23rd, 2009, 09:46 PM   #8
Rachmaninov

Likes (Received): 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by vvill View Post
i think of utmost importance the development should help linking up union square with tst... and we really don't want another huge podium block with no street activities at all!

i think im pro-skyscraper actually - at least it'll have a bit more thoughts in it rather than another cluster of mediocre buildings...!
I'm with you on this one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by caelus
2ifc looks great not because of its architecture, but the fact that it is the tallest one in the region, if u put 2ifc in new york city u can tell it is just "another one of those"
Just because the GS building in NJ (again by Pelli) looks almost exactly like IFC
Old May 24th, 2009, 06:24 AM   #9
_00_deathscar

Quote:
2-IFC would also be the tallest building in New York City, so you're wrong.
Old May 25th, 2009, 06:50 PM   #10
EricIsHim

Quote:
Originally Posted by vvill View Post

agree. we have enough podium around the city with no street life.
i don't want west kowloon / southwest kowloon becomes another TKO.

if the developer will to build two buildings to maximize the plot ratio and leave half the lot open space, i am kind of ok with it. i don't think one super tall building to maximize the plot ratio will fly here, but four seem to be too much.
Old May 25th, 2009, 09:38 PM   #11
EricIsHim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachmaninov View Post
I'm with you on this one!
Just because the GS building in NJ (again by Pelli) looks almost exactly like IFC

That may as well just a replicate of 1IFC, not a smaller scale of 2IFC.

Last edited by EricIsHim; May 25th, 2009 at 09:45 PM.
EricIsHim no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2009, 06:19 PM   #12
vvill

Likes (Received): 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricIsHim View Post

That may as well just a replicate of 1IFC, not a smaller scale of 2IFC.

honestly, this is outrageous.
vvill no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 28th, 2009, 07:03 AM   #13
spicytimothy

Yah let's get back on topic here. Are we really not interested in seeing another supertall gets built?

If the plot ratio is there, we should help push for another supertall. All the concerns mentioned CAN be solved by a supertall being built. In the very least a supertall would mean the most open space possible.

Where's hkskyline btw?
Old May 28th, 2009, 12:03 PM   #14
caelus

i think the perfect place to build another skyscraper is Kai Tak, at the tip of the runway, where the future ferry terminal is located, they can build the skyscraper(s) on top of the ferry terminal.
Old May 28th, 2009, 02:27 PM   #15
_00_deathscar

Quote:
i think the perfect place to build another skyscraper is Kai Tak, at the tip of the runway, where the future ferry terminal is located, they can build the skyscraper(s) on top of the ferry terminal.
No way.

Far too isolated.
Old May 28th, 2009, 05:39 PM   #16
EricIsHim

Quote:
East Kowloon has already had a height limitation, and I wouldn't want to have another stick sticking out of nowhere in the waterfront.

Quote:
Originally Posted by _00_deathscar View Post
Skybean posted this in the ICC construction thread.

image hosted on flickr

Source: http://www.flickr.com/photos/pieprin...7618758241385/
I guess it wouldn't look too bad if we have two tall buildings above the HSR terminal, if they are about the same height as the Arch or so. But just those rich people probably won't be happy if their million dollars harbour view got blocked.

Just please don't put another massive podium on the ground.
Old May 30th, 2009, 05:06 AM   #17
_00_deathscar

Building a massive tower right on the waterfront at the New World Centre would be disastrous though.
Old May 31st, 2009, 07:02 AM   #18
spicytimothy

It's not the waterfront, the waterfront's the WKCD. Also, the land is pretty deep from the coast, so the building itself can be set back towards the north side of the site and have a giant plaza out front, which would be normal for a terminal.
Old August 7th, 2009, 12:39 PM   #19
c6josh
BacolodInasalAddict

Likes (Received): 85

like the skyscrapers in hongkong, can't wait to visit again.
Old August 10th, 2009, 11:56 AM   #20
gakei
GAKEI.com | EHK

Likes (Received): 11

No supertall above West Kowloon Terminus please. It is too close to those horrible towers above Kowloon Station and is never looked outstanding (unless twice of height of ICC?). That area already has too many supertalls.
gakei no está en línea   Reply With Quote