daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Continental Forums > دار زايـــد United Arab Emirates > Completed Projects and Thread Archive > Completed Projects

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old April 8th, 2011, 10:42 AM   #701
noir-dresses
bling bling

Likes (Received): 2346

Our thread is quiet lately.

Question, have any of the commercial units/spaces opened up in our building yet ?

What do we have so far, and do any of you know what is opening soon ?

Any chance of making a list of what we will have ?

I hope we will have a nice coffee shop.
noir-dresses está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old April 24th, 2011, 10:45 AM   #702
noir-dresses
bling bling

I just called Aber and they received my last 6 AED per square/foot maintenance charge payment for the 2010-11 season. That makes me all payed up, and on time as usual.

We ended up paying 16 AED for the year, I wonder if our new OA is doing good, or is there any way we can bring the maintenance charges down a little more ?

Does any body know how much reserve funds our building has, and what is the status of all the tenants paying up ?

I don't see my self coming to Dubai until September/October so I think I should see a big change by then. I hope all the commercial units are up, and running. The JLT master community landscaping should be even better by then as well.

When do you guys see the parking spaces being allocated ?

Whats the status with the pool, and jacuzzi ?

Have the access cards kicked in yet, if not when will they ?
Old June 1st, 2011, 03:04 PM   #703
AndyH

Likes (Received): 98

For those of you not living here or getting the emails, some updates:
  • We now have a management company, and communications have improved a lot plus permanent Asset Manager in the office.
  • The Fire detection and alarm system is being tested this week. It seems to be progressing well, but not before time!
  • The pool room is being given a lick of paint and the pool will be back in services on the 3rd june. New deck chairs coming also.
  • The next AGM is on 25th June.
  • Keycard system not activated yet
AndyH no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 3rd, 2011, 12:45 PM   #704
noir-dresses
bling bling

Thanks Andy,

are they replacing the existing deck chairs, or adding more to spice up the pool, and terrace ? Are there any plans to also give the terrace a greener look with more plants, and vegetation ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyH View Post
For those of you not living here or getting the emails, some updates:
  • We now have a management company, and communications have improved a lot plus permanent Asset Manager in the office.
  • The Fire detection and alarm system is being tested this week. It seems to be progressing well, but not before time!
  • The pool room is being given a lick of paint and the pool will be back in services on the 3rd june. New deck chairs coming also.
  • The next AGM is on 25th June.
  • Keycard system not activated yet
Old June 3rd, 2011, 04:03 PM   #705
AndyH

Quote:
Originally Posted by noir-dresses View Post
Thanks Andy,

are they replacing the existing deck chairs, or adding more to spice up the pool, and terrace ? Are there any plans to also give the terrace a greener look with more plants, and vegetation ?
There are already plants around the terrace, although just to add some greenery and its not exactly going to give you any shade etc :P

It seems they have collected up the old deck chairs and refurbished them, they are all back in position now. I just had a look and indeed the pool and jacuzzi are working well and the whole room looks better than on handover.

Its a good start, lets hope it will develop from here.
Old June 16th, 2011, 10:01 AM   #706
Thamera

Likes (Received): 0

wow its been a year already........

with this new elections coming up...we have to make sure that the current board is not reelected..ie...if they are standing or are allowed to stand...dunno how it works...

i think we all have seen the results............

am i right?

correct me if im wrong
Thamera no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 16th, 2011, 10:09 AM   #707
AndyH

Well, it took a long while but IMO thats down to the situation they inherited. Looking at where we are now, its a vast improvement from a year ago. Pretty much everything is working as intended and we seem to be a lot better organized.

I have no objection for the same board to continue, provided they are up for it. I dont think I could do better.
Old June 16th, 2011, 11:38 AM   #708
noir-dresses
bling bling

Looks like they did a good job considering we were a total mess the year before.

If I'm correct it should be easy sailing from now on.
Old June 16th, 2011, 03:19 PM   #709
Thamera

Guys,

All the changes happened due to the new management company....

It took a year to figure that out between them that they cud not do it...

The SC were collected in installments....which again was not timely....the last portion was just a month ago. I dont have money to spare now and again in a month...

What about the people who did not pay...I am sure there are many. It was announced the access card will prevent them and that should have been operational since march.

There was a meeting held in Feb between the board and owners .Where they said the fire system should be up and running. From Andys post it seems it still is not working.
I strongly beleive that you should rethink yoour position
Thamera no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 16th, 2011, 05:28 PM   #710
AndyH

They have been testing the fire system and I dont know about you, but it works on my floor. Whether its now permanently enabled we need to find out.

yes, the management company is helping, and it took a while to get them, but who do you think got them on board? the iOA, i.e. people who have day jobs and other commitments who can not be stuck in the arch office all day.

This should probably have happened long ago, but there were other more serious concerns, such as ensuring the contractors stayed on site, cleaning and security was ongoing, and that the Dewa and PDC was paid. Now the iOA are on top of that, we get the asset manager as our day to day interface.

If you had attended all the residents meetings as I have, all this should be clear to you, as well as the reason for the irregular payment requests : There were far bigger issues at stake, which have now been resolved, under the watch of the iOA.

However, far be it for me to advise anyone how to use their votes. Plus there may be some new candidates up for a turn. Lets see.
Old June 23rd, 2011, 10:25 PM   #711
Waiting_Forever

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyH View Post
yes, the management company is helping, and it took a while to get them, but who do you think got them on board? the iOA, i.e. people who have day jobs and other commitments who can not be stuck in the arch office all day.

This should probably have happened long ago, but there were other more serious concerns, such as ensuring the contractors stayed on site, cleaning and security was ongoing, and that the Dewa and PDC was paid. Now the iOA are on top of that, we get the asset manager as our day to day interface.

If you had attended all the residents meetings as I have, all this should be clear to you, as well as the reason for the irregular payment requests : There were far bigger issues at stake, which have now been resolved, under the watch of the iOA.

I agree with Andy 100%. The IOA did its best with their own day to day work and Dubai Arch responsibilities. They exposed a lot of Aber’s faults and shortfalls in the design and construction of the building. If the IOA did nothing about some of the issues, the building would have been closed by now. AFM did even pay the Service Charges until they were forced by the IOA to pay the same since we ran out of money. If they were on the board, they would have tried their best to cover up this point.

We need to make sure that Aber Facilities Management is not elected in the coming voting. There is a clear conflict of interest and they will be looking for their own interest as the developers and not ours. AFM did their best to disperse / disassemble the IOA and thanks heaven AFM failed. This was due to all the hard work and the efforts that IOA put in, free of charge. I believe this should be appreciated by all owners like me, who do not spend enough time and effort into the running of the building.

It is extremely important to all of us to make sure AFM is not on the new board.

ALL: Please think about this and vote for our benefits and not against it.
Waiting_Forever no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 25th, 2011, 05:04 PM   #712
AndyH

It was a productive OA meeting today and it was good to finally meet some of you from the forum. Thanks to those who showed up in support.

andy
Old June 26th, 2011, 01:51 AM   #713
noir-dresses
bling bling

What happened Andy ?

Sorry I'm at my cottage all week, and had no means of scanning, and sending you my vote.
Old June 26th, 2011, 06:36 AM   #714
AndyH

Quote:
Originally Posted by noir-dresses View Post
What happened Andy ?

Sorry I'm at my cottage all week, and had no means of scanning, and sending you my vote.
Kingfield presented a summary of the situation to date, improvements carried out in the last couple of months and those due soon.

Voted for new board - a few personnel changes there
Voted on new budget - majority in favour
Voted on amount for Reserve Fund
Voted on Service Provider selections

Some Q&A.

There should be minutes out soon where you can see the full details and results. The meeting was quite well attended.
Old August 5th, 2011, 02:58 PM   #715
Imre
Dubai

Likes (Received): 315

5/August/2011

Dubai Arch 2 BR interior photos and the view

My friend apartment is repainted and cleaned now

[IMG]http://i51.************/2aj6x60.jpg[/IMG]

Photos:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/imresol...7627237051493/
Imre no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 14th, 2011, 02:23 PM   #716
kafkaz30

Comparative Service Charges

What amount has our OA set as service charges per sq ft?

The OA at Lakepoint has set service charge at 8.83 AED per sq ft. The have also audited the last two year accounts and there is supposed to be a credit applied. I haven't actually received an invoice as yet, figures are through the minutes of the OA meeting. Sounds to me like you are paying over the odds!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinto
Can we do a quick survey on how much is being charged in various towwers for service charges? I will start it off:

Armada Towers 17.4AED per sq ft
kafkaz30 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 28th, 2012, 12:38 PM   #717
noir-dresses
bling bling

Are there any news/info on the terace being spiced up in our building ?
Old January 30th, 2012, 10:56 AM   #718
AndyH

We bought some new furniture a few weeks ago, 3 sets of tables/chairs w/ cushions, which are very nice.
The broken tiles are being fixed this week and are almost done I think.

There will not be any major landscaping works until next fiscal year though as it wasnt budgeted for.