SkyscraperCity Forum banner

[BG] Bulgaria | road infrastructure • Автомагистрали

2M views 10K replies 541 participants last post by  Infam0uS 
#1 · (Edited)
Let's start a thread about Bulgarian motorways and other highways.

See less See more
#7 · (Edited)
oh my god, this is it, awesome, thanks for showing these pics, this is really an awesome motorway.
Imagine this quality of motorway til thesaloniki, wow. Can you find a pic of the maritca motorway.

#8 ·
Hey Chris, where are you from? Ontopic: Bulgaria hopefully will build 720 km of new motorways, there are 450 km motorways allready built but it is not enough, they will build the sofia thesaloniki motorway, two motorways leading to the black sea starting at sofia and one leading to the turkian border, i am not sure wheather they will build a motorway from rumanian border to sofia.

#10 ·
Is the Sofia-Dupnica the today-opened motorway? Nice pix, btw!
What do you mean with today opened motorway, the motorway is pretty new, it was opened october or so last year but it does not go to dupnica. It starts near sofia and goes ends near a village 20 km away from dupnica, i don´t know if they started to continue it to dupnica allready, they don´t work very fast but last time i was there i allready saw the machines, so they probably continue it allready. The motorway is great but still too short. Your motorways are also great.

#17 ·
please include the struma motorway as it is the best motorway in bulgaria, if you have show pics of the maritca and cherno more motorway, i have read that they started to build the ljulin motorway in sofia, finally.
Bullshits!!!

"Struma" is still not a highway and I highly doubt that it's better than Hemus or Trakia.

Struma is still under construction and its length is about 25km at the moment. It still lacks its signs, its markings, there are still some other final touches...to this 25-km "highway". Currently its speed limit is still 90 km/h.

OTOH, Trakia highway is more than 200km long at the moment and excluding the part near Pazarjik, its condition is very good. I believe that in 2-3 years, the will finish it and connect Stara Zagora with Karnobat, forming a highway of 380km (plus Sofia-Kalotina: 70km more).

Hemus highway is still under rennovation, but overall its far better than "Struma". It has a number of large high bridges and long tunnels that are (were) very expensive to build. It's length is about 80 km (together with its Varna-Kaspichan part: 140km total).

There is also the "Cherno more" highway between Varna and Burgas, both parts are as long as 20-30km and in a very good condition and new too.

About "Marica" highway...I dunno nothing about it.

In my opinion, the best highway in Bulgaria is the Hemus one...cause it recently was renovated (though some of its tunnels are still under rennovation). The asphalt is very new, the anti-errosion, tunnels lightings and air-conditioning systems are also very new. The only thing they could improve are the highway signs, they are not so recent and perhaps they'll fix them as long as they finish the tunnels. BTW, there are new electronic signs on the highway, near some of the tunnels.

Just wait a week or two, I'll post here my photos of the Hemus highway (a part of Sofia-Ruse route).

#18 ·
No need to get offending, the struma highway is definetly more than 25 km, it´s at least 30 km, a saw the hemus motorway whihc is indeet very good but just doesn´t look european with this dated rosty crashbarriers, about which markings do you talk, do you mean the line in the middle which is missing on some places, is it so important to have this line? I think the struma motorway looks impressive as it is and it surely will be way more impressive than Hemus because it leads through more mountainaric terrain. Oh my good, you are really ridiculous, have you every noticed that at the end of the struma motorway you are travelling so hihg, you see hills which are loer than the motorway? Do you think anyone is akually travelling 90 on the struma motorway, people are traveeling with 200 km there. You can´t compare this dated hemus motorway to Struma motorway.

#20 · (Edited)
#29 ·
I don´t know the ringrouad has 10 km moorway either. They are buildinga new motorway which should take the traffic to the south away of sofia and the bad ringroads and directly lead to the connection with the new struma motorway.

Does anyone know wheather they are continuing the struma motorway? And does anyone know which part they will build this year? I´ve heard they might start at the bulgarian greek border kulata.

#38 ·
can somebody bring out some information about tunnels on Bulgarian motorways? i only heard about tunnel Trajanova Vrata (how long it is? something about 1000 m) and i know for some tunnels at A2 between Gorno Kamavci and Botevgrad.
also, any kind of information about viaducts are welcome as well, too!

where is this and what are the names and lenghts of this tunnel and viaduct?

#39 ·
this is the Hemus motorway, i don´t know how this tunnel is called, there are quite long tunnels there, there are quite long and high viaducts, one tunnel is called topli dol and another one is called vitinia as far as i know.

But man, that´s the Hemus motorway, the tunnels and bridges are constructed more than ten years ago and look dated and not very modern, keep an eye at the new motorways, struma, maritsa and cherno more, they surely look extremly modern and shiny, at least the struma motorway does look extremly modern and shiny.