SkyscraperCity Forum banner

[BG] Bulgaria | road infrastructure • Автомагистрали

2M views 10K replies 541 participants last post by  Infam0uS 
#1 · (Edited)
Let's start a thread about Bulgarian motorways and other highways.

See less See more
#1,403 · (Edited)
for bulgarian economy the most important is route Turkey - Serbia, but anyway you prefer Struma :S
^^ :)

Turkish border - Sofia will be ready till 2009, as i believe that there will be no problems with the completion of Maritsa Motorway. I think we shouldn't hurry with the completion of Sofia-Serbian border stretch of Trakia. Serbs won't finish soon their part till Nish , and they seem that won't be entering EU soon too ... So the truck traffic will continue to prefer going through Romania towards Central & Western Europe, due to the lack of waiting at the borders, and no border taxes. So i really hope that we hurry up with Danube bridge II at Vidin instead of thinking about anything else. Danube Bridge II is really very important for our economy right now.

The route through Serbia will be attractive only for tourist buses and passanger tranportation for a dacade to come i think.

#1,404 ·

Turkish border - Sofia will be ready till 2009, as i believe that there will be no problems with the completion of Maritsa Motorway. I think we shouldn't hurry with the completion of Sofia-Serbian border stretch of Trakia. Serbs won't finish soon their part till Nish , and they seem that won't be entering EU soon too ... So the truck traffic will continue to prefer going through Romania towards Central & Western Europe, due to the lack of waiting at the borders, and no border taxes. So i really hope that we hurry up with Danube bridge II at Vidin instead of thinking about anything else. Danube Bridge II is really very important for our economy right now.

The route through Serbia will be attractive only for tourist buses and passanger tranportation for a dacade to come i think.
The bridge is easy, but what´s with the road to Vidin, how is it now, under what condition is it? There are no plans for it to turn into motorway.

#1,405 ·
The bridge is easy, but what´s with the road to Vidin, how is it now, under what condition is it? There are no plans for it to turn into motorway.
^^ 1. We have Hemus Motorway from Sofia to Botevgrad.

2. They are now finishing the renovation of the 2x2 express way bypass of Botevgrad.

3. The whole Botevgrad - Vidin road was rehabilitated in the last 5-6 years by Strabag and i dare to say it is one of the best quality national roads in this moment.

4. This year the construction of Botevgrad-Mezdra 2x2 expressway stretch must start, and should be completed till 2009.

5. Last year the 19km. 2x2 express way stretch Mezdra-Vratsa was totaly refurbished and looks awesome.

6. There are 3-4 km. 2x2 stretches at the exit of Vratsa and the entrance of Montana and the next spet should be making Vratsa-Montana 2x2 express way too.

7. So Only Montana - Vidin will be a problem when Danube Bridge II is finished, but as a i said the road was recently rehabilitated by Strabag and is almost perfect.

:cheers:

#1,408 ·
There is no motorway to any border by now man, and you are talking abut Macedonia, not taht it is bad or unimportant, but for Bulgarian economics it´s least importatn by now I think, I think Bulgaria will be on last place in any Infrastructure for the next 10 years because the FUCKING WHORESONS make everything wrong, I hope that I will have the chance to beat them up with my own hands, and after every not well answered question like, why´s the Struma motorway not finished to kick them with metalshoes in their head or stomach.
I didnt say there was a highway i asked when they planned to build it and if there was a name for it cos you guys have names for the other ones so i thought you might have one, thats all. Im aware the other highways are more important to your economy as the north-south M1 is to us, i just asked if you had a outline of when that highway is to be completed 2010,2012,2015,2020 whatever.
Take it easy with the whoresons man :cheers:

#1,409 ·
About the Sofia-MK segment. It is part of Pan-European Corridor VIII. It might get some EU funding, so maybe it is not that inconceivable in the mid term.

Anyway, I'm also interested what would be its name.

@ Turnovec

Why the southern route towards Macedonia? That route doesn't make much sense IMO.

#1,410 ·

from my knowledges the bridge at vidin-calafat is u/c, further in romania from calafat to drobeta and then timisoara i don't know if they refurbished the national road. being an european corridor i guess money won't be a problem, the refurbisment process itself also won't be a probem because there are a lot of rehabilitated works that look great...with the motorways we seem to have a problem but we'll solve it :)

#1,411 · (Edited)
Southern route seems a lot more secure. To invest a big pile of money in the northern areas is more like a pure gambling in the moment. Hope times will change for good though.

Corridor VIII for now seems to be just for an election campaigns use ... Friends told me that i should see Via Egnatia in Greece (GR-A2 Solun-Igoumenitsa) - this is how a corridor west-east should be build, that's what they say. It surprised me that from Sofia to Corfu you could go for less than 10 hours ... Can't imagine what it will be when Struma is finished.

I recommend also the recent documentary about Cor. VIII - Corridor #8, whose director of photography is Boris Missirkov, the grandson of the Macedonian of 20th century.

We have a quiz :D

Guess where this is:

#1,412 ·
from my knowledges the bridge at vidin-calafat is u/c, further in romania from calafat to drobeta and then timisoara i don't know if they refurbished the national road. being an european corridor i guess money won't be a problem, the refurbisment process itself also won't be a probem because there are a lot of rehabilitated works that look great...with the motorways we seem to have a problem but we'll solve it :)
Vidin-Kalafat was the tougher place in terms of connections with the existing national road and motorway nets of both Bulgaria and Romania. One of the reasons it was chosen is because of the railrway i guess.

I think that we should think ASAP about another bridge at Oryahovo-Bechet :cheers:

The route Turnu Severin-Kraiova-Bechet-Oryahovo-Cherven Bryag- Hemus Motorway - Sofia seems pretty nice IMO. :cheers:

179 km. in Romania, most of which go through plains.
- To Kraiova 1st class road, part of E70.
- From Kraiova to Bechet - 2nd class road, but the terrain is flat as a pancake and could easily be turned into a 1st class road or 2x2.

131 km. in Bulgaria till Botevgrad. And the terrain is also flat as a pancake

All we lack in this variant is a railway ...

#1,413 ·
Corridor VIII is in deep coma. For me, it's impossible to understand why. After the intense lobbying made by Greece to get it out of the priority list, three of the countries (Italy, Macedonia and Bulgaria) made an effort to at least not bury it on European level. And YET nothing is really done. It doesn't make me feel better to know it's almost done on Bulgarian side, even without a motorway, it's the final result that counts. And the result is that the raw material that had to pass by this road will "choose" another one and then all the economical benefits from this corridor will be lost. I doubt the 3 Balkan countries want this, and still.. we can only make movies about this. :eek:hno:

#1,414 ·
I also think that maybe there should be a motorway to Vidin due to the future entry of Bulgaria and Romania in Schengen !That way there will be at least one fast connection from Transylvania Motorway(Romania) through Bulgaria the future "motorway" Vidin-Botevgrad then Hemus,Lyulin,Struma and then finally in Greece(Thessaloniki) and connection to Egnatia Odos ;);););)