SkyscraperCity Forum banner

[BG] Bulgaria | road infrastructure • Автомагистрали

2M views 10K replies 541 participants last post by  Infam0uS 
#1 · (Edited)
Let's start a thread about Bulgarian motorways and other highways.

See less See more
#1,806 ·
Off topic but seems to be typical of the state of things in Bulgaria is that there have been 150 mafia assasinations in Bulgaria since 1990. NOT ONE of these crimes has been solved. NOT 1!. Amazing.
I do hope that Bulgaria does get it's act together soon, otherwise they faced being ostracized by the rest of the EU.

#1,807 ·
Yeah well, it's own fault of Bulgaria at the end of the day, EU leaves countries on their own with internal problems and encourage them to be sorted out.

Hopefully Bulgaria will get this money for important developments in the country but I wouldn't be suprised if they don't get it either

#1,808 ·
Radi noone doesn't agree with you about the politics!You are absouletly right!About the money I'm very sceptic that they will go to where they are supposed to because again the politics will take them!That's why we have only 500km of motorways while other EU countries are building hundreds of km we are doing nothing :eek:hno:

#1,810 ·
I don´t think thausands. I am wondering if the Bulgarian motorways and nationalroads have roadmarkings which sound. I know that the Struma motorway and new part of E-79 roadmarkings are thick but I havn´t heard them sound if you drive over them. Good roadmarkings sound when you drive over them and I really like this feature. The porpuse is that you get waken up if you are very tired and notice that you live your lane. Awesome feature.

#1,811 ·
^^ Yes, there are thousands of km of similar roads through Europe. It's a GOOD road but you make it sound like it's the second coming of Christ. You MUST understand that a lot of people writing here are driving on similar roads, and some even on better ones, each and every day of their life.

#1,812 · (Edited)

I was maintening my crashbarriers lately and I made them shinier, now they are really shiny! Since the EU probably will freeze all the funds for roadconstruction and the other bad quality roads will fall apart soon in Bulgaria we can talk about the Struma motorway and E-79 nationalroad and my shiny balcony ofcourse.

When it´s cloudy:

They shine in peace like the crashbarriers on the real motorway in Bulgaria once did, before they got dirty and noone cleans them.

#1,820 ·
A question for my Bulgarian friends. What do you think of building a motorway from Vidin west to Zaječar in Serbia and then linking to the Beograd - Niš motorway? I know the bridge at Vidin - Calafat is being built as part of corridor IV but a link west to Serbia and potentially a motorway east through southern Romania to Craiova and Bucureşti would turn Vidin from a sleepy Danubian town to a major crossroads for this part of SE Europe. Combining highway, river, and rail traffic in one place, and I don't know if there is an airport nearby.