KLUANG (居銮 & 居鑾) | Johor | Town & District

217K views 549 replies 55 participants last post by  wakmusang55 
#1 ·
KLUANG ( a.k.a 居銮 ) | Johor | Town & District

I can't figure it out! I took this on the way back to KL from JB
Seems quite populated too!

See less See more
#194 ·
But i think people in Kluang are not ready yet for high rise residential. They will still option for landed properties especially those yang "Kaya Raya". They prefer to buy a plot of land and build their own villa. I worked in a local developer firm before during my vacation for 2 months, those ppl are seeking for land instead of property.

Something out of topic. I am in Korea for few months and i went to a lot of their small cities just like Kluang, which have efficient public transport. Im not an expert, but for me things are pretty simple here. They have buses which are on time, train to the cities which are 99.9 percent on time too. Frequency is not the problem! what i hope MPK can do is just to build some proper bus stop with proper and updated information (bus routes and timing), that will be enough. If i know which buses will pass by this route and how long i expected to wait, I would like to try public transport. Those backpacker can also navigate around the city with buses!

#197 ·
^^

Yup I agree that a pedestrian bridge should be built to connect Kluang Mall with Pekan Rabu. The road is located down the hill.. Quite dangerous. Pekan Rabu project is exclusively for bumi-enterpreneur only... There's a "traditional" - feel to it... So don't expect it to become like Kluang Mall.

That is a multipurpose hall but I think the same bumi-only rules are being applied there as well... Might be mistaken though about this one..

#200 ·
Cant wait for it too. With EDT, we will see elevated tracks pass by the town of Kluang with elevated train station as well. Hope by the time they will introduced commuter service to JB, one hour frequency will be good! BTW, when they going to announce EDT from Gemas to JB. two years back, local news paper reported that it going to tender the project out until now nothing happen.

#201 ·
^^

Kluang too will have elevated tracks? Where did you get this info? So far I read the news that only Segamat will have such elevated rail tracks in town, around 8km long if I'm not mistaken. Not sure about Kluang.. I think for Kluang, they will keep the track on ground + build flyovers on any area where the track intersects with road.

Last time around, I heard that Gamuda got the RM 3 billion Gemas - Kluang job. Not sure what really happens now..

http://hssmalaysia.com/all-projects/electrified-double-tracking-gemas-to-kluang

#209 ·
I think the previous state exco went to Kedah and BAMM!, came out about this brilliant idea. :bash: I guess they never go to Terengganu/Kelantan as currently we don't have Pasar Payang/Pasar Khadijah in Johor :lol: . But beware BP.. who knows what crazy idea that our state exco have in their minds right now...

Oh well, just treat this as another Tesco/Giant/Carrefour eventhough it offers different thing. Less complicated that way

#282 ·
I went to Kluang Parade and was not surprise to see that only the Ground Floor is still alive. Giant had closed its door and being replaced by Target Supermarket. This means that the Giant outlets in Kluang had been reduced to two, Giant Sri Kluang and Giant Taman Intan. Luckily Parkson is still there. It seems like the always improving Kluang Mall, Econsave and the recent opening of AEON Big Kluang are just too much for Kluang Parade to stay in the fight.

BCB Berhad is planning to convert all those empty Level 2 and 3 shoplots near Kluang Parade into a hotel.

Found this in BCB Websites
The work has started:

#212 ·
Some random pics that I took from my last trip to Kluang and Simpang Renggam. Just a quick trip so I wasn't able to explore much of the cons. projects that are happening in Kluang.

The new McD at Jalan Kluang - Air Hitam

Very colourful shoplots in Simpang Renggam. Judging from the circle near the roof, I guess this is another project by BCB group.

Another colourful shoplots near Simpang Renggam toll plaza

Simpang Renggam is growing but MDSR needs to work hard in improving the town's landscapes. Very awful

#214 · (Edited)

AEON BIG Kluang will be opens it doors on 25 July which is next Thursday. They are ready now, and some tenants know are MR. DIY, Samsung Mobile. Some news from insider were saying, Sushi King will opens it 2nd outlet in kluang in Aeon Big, lets wait and see on next week. Opening hours are from 8.00a.m till 10.30 p.m during weekdays and 8.00a.m till 11p.m on saturday, 9.00a.m till 11p.m. on sunday. Poor those groceries and pasar in Kluang, ppl are going to the modern pasar nowadays.

#215 ·
Thanks for contributing those pics CK2020.

I don't deny that Econsave's pricing is very competitive but the shopping experiences in most of their supermarkets/hypermarkets are not that enjoyable due to bad interior design and chaotic shopping environment. Perhaps it's about time for Econsave to renovate their stores and make the shoppers feel like they're shopping in a classy and sassy environment instead of using this cheap and dirty tactic?...

Oh our Sultan came to Econsave Kluang yesterday, the kind of publicity that the Econsave needs right now :cheers:

Regarding the tenants, anything is fine coz we dont expect to find an LV store in a hypermarket right? but I hope they can attarct the mainstream one like KFC , Pizza Hut to open an outlet in there.

I wish all the best to both hypermarkets, hopefully they won't kill each other :eek:hno:

#216 ·
U're welcome bro.

haha...i think they will kill all those small groceries first before they kill each others.
IMO, econsave will remain the way it is right now, kind of low price image. and one thing i found, if u actually look into every items' prices in Econsave, they price are only good at those vegetables and meats in the wet market. Grocers are actually priced cheaper in Tesco or Aeon BIg.

#217 ·
Let's just hope that those small groceries can survive the slaughtering because a new shopping mall by Matrix Concept is next to be build in Kluang... MP Kluang had approved the construction of the new shopping centre by Matrix Concept..

Permohonan Pindaan Terhadap Pelan Lulus Bil MPK/BPB/B4/300/12 Bagi Permohonan Kebenaran Merancang Di Bawah Seksyen 21 Akta Perancangan Bandar Dan Desa 1976 (Akta 172) Bagi Cadangan Replanning Untuk Pembangunan 1 Bangunan Perniagaan-Pusat Beli-Belah (Commercial Building-Shopping Centre) Dan 130 Unit Kedai Pejabat Di Atas PT 83226 Hingga PT 83463, PT 83530, PT 83531, PT 83532 Dan PT 83541 Hingga PT 83545 Mukim Kluang Daerah Kluang Negeri Johor Darul Takzim

Some F&B news.

KUCHING: Homegrown fast food restaurant, SugarBun, is looking to step up its effort in expanding its market in Peninsular Malaysia.

On the East Malaysia front, these include outlets at Bandar Baru Semariang, Kota Samarahan, Jalan Demak (Petra Jaya), and Sri Aman. While in West Malaysia, three new outlets – namely, Senai Airport, Kluang Mall and Masai, are confirmed to be opened in Johor and expected to be operational by the end of 2013.

Read more: http://www.theborneopost.com/2013/07/22/sugarbun-to-focus-on-expansion-in-west-msia/#ixzz2ZoXgzogT

After Batu Pahat, they come to Kluang next. Come to Bukit Indah please!!

#218 ·
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.423514687763091.1073741880.275258095922085&type=3

Some "sneak preview" into AEON BIG Kluang before the opening which will be tomorrow. Judging from the pics, the hypermarket itself is quite big. IMO, bigger than Pacific, Econsave, Giant that currently in the town. An from the pic. confirmed that Sushi King will opens it's 2nd outlet in Kluang in the Aeon big. Well, when i first read about Sushi King coming to kluang mall few years back, i was wonder how long can Sushi King stand there with Kluang Market, but now the 2nd Sushi King is coming to town and it says that Kluang have the market.

But from the pics, the stores inside the AEON Big seems very limited, only few stores there. Okay, after all it is just another hypermaket not a Mall...

#219 ·
Thanks for the update. The management sure did a good job in capturing that Sushi King as one of their tenants.

The area will become a hotspot in the near future... hopefully MPK and JKR will build more pedestrian walkways/sun shades/pedestrian bridge/landscape at the area , and try to emulate the Kluang town center which IMO, is quite pedestrian friendly for a Malaysia standard.