KLUANG (居銮 & 居鑾) | Johor | Town & District

217K views 549 replies 55 participants last post by  wakmusang55 
#1 ·
KLUANG ( a.k.a 居銮 ) | Johor | Town & District

I can't figure it out! I took this on the way back to KL from JB
Seems quite populated too!

See less See more
#223 ·
That will be a good start for Kluang to eventually own a big campus i think...BTW, the International Medicine University (IMU) is using the New Kluang Hospital as one of their teaching hospital, and they have set up their Clinical School in Taman Seri Impian (2 shop lots). But it seems like a office not campus.

Read from the mandarin local paper today, the Pasar Besar Kluang behind Kluang Mall is going to move out from the current location to a new purpose built modern wet market in Taman Seri Impian, the MPK has tendered out the project to private company to construct and operate it, but no exact date on the commencement mention.

#224 ·
Beraya in Kluang with my family + do some shopping at the some of the shopping places in Kluang.

I think AEON rushed the opening of this AEON Big way too soon.. There are still some unfinished touch that can be found here and there.. They want to take advantage of the Hari raya festival I guess. The 2nd floor is not open yet .... A B rating hypermarket, better than Tesco/Giant Bukit Indah though.

The 2nd Sushi King in Kluang to opened in AEON Big

Just next to AEON Big is the Econsave.. the crowd is still good, people are queieng at the Marrybrown in the Econsave.

The growing Taman Seri Impian township. There is a major earthwork for the Impiana Square project that is carried out just next to the Kluang - Bandar Tenggara road.

#228 ·
Today's news. Basically, Kluang town will have a new 4-lanes bridge at Jalan Yap Tau Sah and the construction of the long awaited Kahang dam will start by the end of this year.

http://www.sinarharian.com.my/kos-rm3-8-juta-atasi-sesak-1.194752

Johor is one of most mundur state and our state gov can only give a vision that these will happen to our state :

JB to be turned into an " international-class trade and service centre ",

Muar as a heritage tourism destination and centre for agro and wood-based industries ( WTF? what tourism? More ST please!! )

Batu Pahat as a textile industry and agro resource centre ( BP is almost on par with some of the other state's capital city but they can only vision this? Turn BP into an administrative centre for Northern Johor. Since that useless Mahathir don't give proper access to NSE to Northern Johor people :bash: , consulting everything in JB/Nusajaya is a pain with all those travelling problems, making most of the N.Johor people prefer to leave their problems unattended.

Kluang will be developed as a manufacturing, wood-based and modern agriculture centre ( This one is quite good but I prefer that if they can focus more in E&E industry)

Segamat, Kota Tinggi and Mersing : HUTAN will stay as hutan, easier for us to get our votes :bash:

Conclusion: With these kind of vision, Johor will never reach the Johor Maju 2020.
http://www.mysinchew.com/node/90341

#229 ·
Today's news. Basically, Kluang town will have a new 4-lanes bridge at Jalan Yap Tau Sah and the construction of the long awaited Kahang dam will start by the end of this year.

http://www.sinarharian.com.my/kos-rm3-8-juta-atasi-sesak-1.194752

Johor is one of most mundur state and our state gov can only give a vision that these will happen to our state :

JB to be turned into an " international-class trade and service centre ",

Muar as a heritage tourism destination and centre for agro and wood-based industries ( WTF? what tourism? More ST please!! )

Batu Pahat as a textile industry and agro resource centre ( BP is almost on par with some of the other state's capital city but they can only vision this? Turn BP into an administrative centre for Northern Johor. Since that useless Mahathir don't give proper access to NSE to Northern Johor people :bash: , consulting everything in JB/Nusajaya is a pain with all those travelling problems, making most of the N.Johor people prefer to leave their problems unattended.

Kluang will be developed as a manufacturing, wood-based and modern agriculture centre ( This one is quite good but I prefer that if they can focus more in E&E industry)

Segamat, Kota Tinggi and Mersing : HUTAN will stay as hutan, easier for us to get our votes :bash:

Conclusion: With these kind of vision, Johor will never reach the Johor Maju 2020.
http://www.mysinchew.com/node/90341
I think NSE is quite good already, it was not designed to get everyone in, it's design to connect KL with JB/Sg. Building in between segamat,muar,Bp, kluang is good enough. Equal access to the 4 town, if it were nearer to BP,muar,. segamat and kluang folks would have a hard time accesing it. And it not just johor, in N9,perak secondary town are also far away from the entry point. Malacca also is 14km from NSE entry point.

Overall I think hutan is quite good, I hate sprawl of lowrise. But the plan are kinda duhhh. Seriously, just look at what the local are doing and help them move up the value chain. Rather than dividing which area get what.

#230 ·
I believe the NSE should be based on what the percentage of rakyat that will gain benefit from the just-next-door entry point.

Johor : Only 45-50% gain benefit and most of them are JB people.
Perak : 60-65 % of population gain the benefit
N9: more than 55-60% of population gain the benefit.
Malacca: 14 km from an entry point + city-state status are fair enough to me. 14km is not 30km like Muar/BP suffer and certainly not as bad as 50km&80km that Segamat suffers right now.

and Johor land is not blessed with the beauty of nature , historical value or rich minerals.. The only way for us to make our economy to grow is to rely on blue-collar industries which apparently, loves a next-door entry point.

Oh well, NSE is already a spilled milk, I won't cry about it. I am just a bit pissed that with all the support and faith that Johorean give towards the present gov, they still treat us like we are a 2nd/3rd class citizens that have no hunger for any form of development. I am beginning to equate our fate with those Egyptian/Iraqian/Syrian but in a different kind of oppression.

Agree with you that they should look what the locals are doing and not just dividing it like what they have planned.

#232 ·
I believe the NSE should be based on what the percentage of rakyat that will gain benefit from the just-next-door entry point.

Johor : Only 45-50% gain benefit and most of them are JB people.
Perak : 60-65 % of population gain the benefit
N9: more than 55-60% of population gain the benefit.
Malacca: 14 km from an entry point + city-state status are fair enough to me. 14km is not 30km like Muar/BP suffer and certainly not as bad as 50km&80km that Segamat suffers right now.

and Johor land is not blessed with the beauty of nature , historical value or rich minerals.. The only way for us to make our economy to grow is to rely on blue-collar industries which apparently, loves a next-door entry point.

Oh well, NSE is already a spilled milk, I won't cry about it. I am just a bit pissed that with all the support and faith that Johorean give towards the present gov, they still treat us like we are a 2nd/3rd class citizens that have no hunger for any form of development. I am beginning to equate our fate with those Egyptian/Iraqian/Syrian but in a different kind of oppression.

Agree with you that they should look what the locals are doing and not just dividing it like what they have planned.
I think the % u given on N9 and perak are bit high. In N9, only seremban are next door to NSE, gemas, PD,pedas,tampin are way off. K.pilah/k.klawang and other are nowhere near nor have a direct route. Lumut is more than 1 hour drive from NSE. taiping, t.intan are also far away. NSE are design not to pleased all just a compromise to keep cost low Afterall there's plenty part even in peninsula that got no sort of highway.

Personally, I think the word oppress are really miss used nowdays. based on the tax income in general, johorian does indeed get a lot of infra. If u compared to melaka/ttg/png which seem short charged by the Fed also felt discriminated, poor state think they are discriminated because rich state should subsidize them more :lol:

I think johor gov did alright in releasing land for plantation to local that help build up it secondary town as opposed to other state policies that released land to big corporation. Muar got some factory that other state could only wet dream off. Johor got secondary town bigger than some state capitals and third tier town bigger than any district capital. Spend some time in johor and driving around other state becomes a bit disappointed in its smallish unimpressive district town. Planning wise oklah, at least secondary road would finally connect to one another. In selangor & Kl secondary road aren't connected making the highway lousy jammed.

I think the Fed had done more than it share to johor. Most fault really boult down to johor gov, Their inability to increase revenue, take advantage of NSE entry point, it location in south of peninsula as well as proximity to both sg/Mlk. Heck they even can't take advantage of desaru and big ass Sg.johor and sg.muar. Local tauke also seem unable to move up the value chain building the same lalaland stuff over and over.

Overall under ghani johor except JB did not experience any revolutionary improvement just a slow incremental overtime. But at least he kind enough not to have a big mouth and chess thumping like that one CM who also haven't show any tangible qualitative evidence of revolutionary leep other than in the wet dream of his supporter. As for JB, the heavy federal involvement does bear fruits, as u could see new development, brands, infrastructure, investment, companies, developer and concepts never before seen on johor soil.

Overall I do see why they vote as they did. They were given a lot and are promised more, compared to the other party who wanted to scrap everything from iskandar, Oil&Gas to HSR and make promised that aren't interesting. If u do not have highway in the 1st place how can u get wet dream of a free highway? . It's important to understand human decision making process so that u could improve ur offering and product to be successful rather than being "like that Guy" who discounts everyone not sharing his opinion and preferences as idiot. <~ no wonder they kept on complaining, sucking and shouting foulplay:lol: . I think they think too highly of themself and every failure/difficulty is someone else fault as it surely not their fault.

#233 ·
^^

I think we should set a standard bar on how to consider a town as a secondary town level, otherwise the likes of Arau and Grik will be dragged into this discussion. Our cut off point should be based on Segamat, a town that enjoys both the success of the old trunk road and the failure that the NSE brought to it. The likes of Lumut / taiping enjoy some success due to there’s a back-up plan for them via those Ipoh – Lumut Expressway plus some other dual-carriageway roads that can be found all over Perak state + EDT some more. Here in Johor? Outside of JB, the dual – carriageway roads’ coverage in the state is less than 150km I think. That is not enough. We are living in a cost-cutting era , that’s why after the NSE began its operation, you don’t hear much news about international companies to set up their plants in Johor, with the exception of JB-area. Even if our secondary/3rd tier towns are beating some other states’ capitals, the credit goes to our people, not the ruling government. What I’m really pissed is that most Johorean think that it was the work of the gov that allow them to feed themselve but I don’t blame those politicians for manipulating this perception though.

Oh man, you make me to remind how awful our lives are when we were under Ghani. Won’t comment much about his dictactorship or this post will become a pure personal attack and bashing post.

And unlike your rival Vince :lol: who hates Nusajaya , I will support any form of development that JB goes through right now but I am more interested in observing the development and welfare of my fellow Johorean who lives outside of JB area. That’s why I don’t comment much in IM or JB thread.

By the way, this has become way off topic.. I am not crying over a spill milk but just want to express my thought on how the development of our secondary towns were hindered due to the poor planning made by the gov. We are not talking about 1 or 2 but 4 secondary towns. I can understand if two of them were sacrificed but sacrificing all 4 towns is just too much.

#237 ·
Drive thru is everywhere

MPK/599/900/KM.364/12(S210) : PERMOHONAN KEBENARAN MERANCANG MENGIKUT SEKSYEN 21, DI BAWAH AKTA PERANCANGAN BANDAR DAN DESA 1976 (AKTA 172) , BAGI TUJUAN MEMBINA SEBUAH RESTORAN MAKANAN SEGERA (KFC) 2 TINGKAT BESERTA PANDU LALU , 1 UNIT KEBUK SAMPAH DAN BILIK PENCAWANG ELEKTRIK (SINGLE CHAMBER) DI ATAS LOT J(5), ZON 1, PLOT 2, JALAN BATU PAHAT , MUKIM KLUANG, DAERAH KLUANG, JOHOR. oleh TETUAN SPM RESTAURANTS SDN. BHD di Majlis Perbandaran Kluang

:crazy:

#239 ·
Ekspo Agro Johor

NUSAJAYA - Kerajaan negeri mensasarkan pulangan sebanyak RM10 juta menerusi acara dwi tahunan, Ekspo Agro Johor 2013, yang bakal berlangsung di Projek Pertanian Moden Kluang, bulan hadapan.

Pengerusi Jawatankuasa Pertanian dan Industri Asas Tani negeri, Ismail Mohamed berkata, jualan sebanyak RM7.8 juta berjaya dikutip melalui acara sama, dua tahun lalu.

Menurutnya, program itu yang bakal disertai lebih 200 gerai pameran bertujuan mempromosikan produk berasaskan pertanian tempatan di samping memberi peluang kepada usahawan kecil menjana aktiviti pemasaran.

“Dalam ekspo yang diadakan pada 2011, kita menerima sambutan amat menggalakkan dan berjaya menarik kedatangan 500,000 pengunjung.

“Kami berharap ekspo kali ini dapat menarik lebih ramai pengunjung dengan sasaran 700,000 orang berikutan penyertaan gerai jualan dan pameran juga lebih banyak,” katanya pada sidang media, di sini, semalam.

http://www.sinarharian.com.my/edisi/johor/sasar-pulangan-rm10-juta-1.213958

One of a few "program for rakyat" from Johor gov that is successful. I will try my best to attend this expo to show my support :cheers:

#240 ·

Aeon to open six new hypermarkets in Johor, Kedah, Kelantan, Perak, Selangor, Terengganu

Posted on September 10, 2013

Focus is now on secondary towns as competition in cities is very intense, said CEO at opening of Aeon Big Kluang last weekend.

By ZAZALI MUSA | zaza@thestar.com.my

KLUANG: Aeon Big (M) Sdn Bhd plans to open six new hypermarkets as part of the company’s strategy to further strengthen its presence in the retail segment in Malaysia.

Its managing director and Aeon Asean chief executive officer, Nagahisa Oyama, said all the six outlets would be opened between 2014 and 2016 in Johor, Kedah, Kelantan, Perak, Selangor and Terengganu.

L-R: Kluang assistant district officer Ahmad Nazri Rebu, Nagahisa, Aeon (M) Bhd chairman Datuk Abdullah Muhd Yusuff and Aeon Big Kluang store director Ranjit Kaur Gurbax Singh.

“We are now focusing on secondary towns in these states as they (secondary towns) also offer good long-term growth prospects for us,’’ said Oyama at the opening of Aeon Big Kluang outlet on Saturday.

This is the first hypermarket opened since the conception of Aeon Big Malaysia in October 2012 under the umbrella of Aeon Group.

He said initially, the company’s main focus was Johor, Penang and Selangor due to vast developments taking place in these places but now had shifted its strategy.

Oyama said competition in the retail sector in the three states was becoming more intense with too many players around, and the market was also too fragmented.

“Our strategy now is to be everywhere in the country to reach out to our customers instead of focusing only on certain areas which is not good for long-term growth,’’ he said.

Also present at the event were Aeon (M) Bhd chairman Datuk Abdullah Muhd Yusuf and the Kluang assistant district officer Ahmad Nazri Rebu.

The company took over operations from Magnificient Diagraph Sdn Bhd on Nov 1, 2012, including the management and operations of all 27 supermarkets and hypermarkets (formerly known as Carrefour).

Oyama said it had two options when opening the new outlets – spending RM80mil on the hypermarket construction or renting the building from a third party for RM20mil to RM30mil.

“We are looking at what is good for us from the economic perspective and whether the investment will bring good returns,’’ he said.

Oyama said with the hike in RON95 petroleum and diesel last week, most Malaysian consumers would shop for their groceries under one roof instead of going from place to place.

#241 ·
Secara amnya, bagi sistem pengangkutan bas awam di Johor, SPAD dengan kerjasama kerajaan negeri sedang merangka projek penambahbaikan perkhidmatan bas henti-henti, katanya.

"Pelan rangkaian dan operasi akan memastikan perkhidmatan bas yang lebih menyeluruh di kawasan bandar dan juga luar bandar meliputi semua daerah secara berperingkat bermula dari Kota Tinggi dan Kluang," katanya.

http://www.bernama.com/bernama/v7/bm/ge/newsgeneral.php?id=992532

Trans Iskandar to be extended to Kluang? We want Rapid service please!! but I wonder why they chose Kluang and Kota Tinggi first... sigh..

#244 ·
I dont think Trans Iskandar will be extended till Kluang. Not so feasible as the route is too long to be served. I think its mean that they will improve the public transport system within the daerah or bandar. Just hope that they build proper bus halt with updated bus information (time, frequency and route) and the bus running on time even with the interval of half an hour, ppl will still use it i think.

#245 ·
Kluang Mall to be expanded

I dont think Kluang Mall has enough space to fit a new Ampang Superbowl bowling place. I guess they will add a new floor into the existing mall. This is going to be a major blow to the neighbor, Kluang Parade

https://www.facebook.com/KluangMall
Kluang Mall already announced the plan to add a bowling center on top of it long time ago and now they just started the work. Ya, it will be on top of the mall. Kluang Mall management tried to negotiate and acquire the land beside of the mall (a furniture shop and mamak currently occupied) which belong to KTMB but the plan have rejected by KTMB. So, Kluang Mall can only go UP.

#249 ·
Aiyoo, where's Kluangite? Very sad la all Johor threads.

New Hyundai 3S centre. To replace the old one I guess.

MPK/599/900/KM.490/13 : Permohonan Kebenaran Merancang Mengikut Seksyen 21 Akta 172 Bagi Tujuan Mendirikan Sebuah Bangunan 3s Hyundai (Bilik Pameran Beserta Pejabat Dan Servis Kereta) Di Atas Lot 5657 No Hakmilik Gm 2337 Jalan Batu Pahat Mukim Kluang Daerah Kluang Johor Darul Takzim oleh A/L Edaran (Kluang) Sdn Bhd di Majlis Perbandaran Kluang

#254 ·
More updates on the Southern EDT Project:

KLUANG - Sebanyak 70 kubur Islam di atas tanah rizab Keretapi Tanah Melayu Berhad (KTMB) di Ladang Kempas Plebang, Paloh, di sini, dipindahkan secara berperingkat ke Tanah Perkuburan Islam Sungai Sepuluh sejak kelmarin.

Penyelia Tanah Perkuburan Kluang, Rosman Supaat berkata, kubur tersebut terpaksa dipindahkan berikutan kedudukan tanah berhampiran kawasan pembinaan Projek Landasan Berkembar Elektrik (PLBE).

http://www.sinarharian.com.my/70-kubur-dipindahkan-1.234307

Now that most of the obstacles had been removed, there's no reason why the project can't start by early 2014. Once completed, I wonder should they extend the Komuter Selatan service to Kluang? If I'm not mistaken, the proposed Komuter Selatan will start/end in Kulai. But if they do that, express bus operators in Kluang will run amok as most of them rely on JB-Kluang route. I think in Kluang, Kluang-JB route has more frequency compare to Kluang-KL route.