search the site
 daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Stadiums and Sport Arenas > Under Construction



Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.


View Poll Results: Which design do you prefer?
The KSS design 70 17.68%
The Populous design 326 82.32%
Voters: 396. You may not vote on this poll

Reply

 
Thread Tools
Old February 17th, 2017, 03:25 PM   #30021
nice1cyril
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 536
Likes (Received): 434

Quote:
Originally Posted by EJG View Post
I found a new method of getting the original full size time lapse photos from the Spurs web site. It's very simple, no faffing about, nothing murky like having to find hidden folders or anything like that. It's laughably quick and easy and very useful if you want to grab a high res version of a specific time lapse pic that you're looking at.

I don't want to swamp the thread with a load of posts about it and get in the way of the real stadium discussion, so please send me a PM if you'd like to know the method.



__________________

NeilCarter, Nigee, longtimespur, EJG, glennamy and 5 others liked this post
nice1cyril no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old February 17th, 2017, 04:23 PM   #30022
Bazza.
AC Engineer. COYS
 
Bazza.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 3,495
Likes (Received): 2505

Quote:
Originally Posted by jts1882 View Post
So where do they hide the left over raker?
It goes in the miscellaneous things n stuff draw. They are building one under the south stand.
__________________
Bazza.

spursfan1882 liked this post
Bazza. no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 17th, 2017, 04:27 PM   #30023
Bazza.
AC Engineer. COYS
 
Bazza.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 3,495
Likes (Received): 2505

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustMike View Post
Like flat-packed furniture. The first drawer takes all morning to put together. The other 5 are done in 20 minutes.

Hmmm, that's two days and eeeer 2 Rakers.
__________________
Bazza.
Bazza. no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 17th, 2017, 04:30 PM   #30024
NeilCarter
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: London
Posts: 379
Likes (Received): 1045

Just noticed these sitting in front of the West Stand, where do we think these will end up?



Apologies if already posted
__________________

glennamy, Nigee liked this post
NeilCarter no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 17th, 2017, 04:35 PM   #30025
terry vegetables
Registered User
 
terry vegetables's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Chalfont st peter
Posts: 145
Likes (Received): 167

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeilCarter View Post
Just noticed these sitting in front of the West Stand, where do we think these will end up?

Apologies if already posted
Going up (or Down)
__________________

NeilCarter liked this post
terry vegetables no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 17th, 2017, 04:36 PM   #30026
Nigee
Registered User
 
Nigee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 91
Likes (Received): 220

Already the terracing is higher than the roof on the North Stand

__________________

NeilCarter, EJG, Bazza. liked this post
Nigee no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 17th, 2017, 04:57 PM   #30027
Bazza.
AC Engineer. COYS
 
Bazza.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 3,495
Likes (Received): 2505

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeilCarter View Post
Just noticed these sitting in front of the West Stand, where do we think these will end up?



Apologies if already posted
For the stair wells by the pods I think.
__________________
Bazza.

NeilCarter, Nigee liked this post
Bazza. no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 17th, 2017, 05:11 PM   #30028
superted4
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 525
Likes (Received): 244

Anybody guess what they are doing on the NE corner tunnel. Its been like that for a few weeks. The lower half looks complete but they've installed the upper half terracing with no barrier/wall and on the videos on the official site it shows at least 6 rows down from the vomitory rather than the 1 thats currently there. I wonder if there will be a movable section here that can be removed/retracted when they require large vehicles to enter the stadium.
__________________

matty66, Bofrok liked this post
superted4 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 17th, 2017, 05:31 PM   #30029
Astonman87
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 367
Likes (Received): 173

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrispur View Post
2 concrete rakers have arrived on TL 2
Think they were the 2 that were parked in front of the east stand.
Astonman87 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 17th, 2017, 05:35 PM   #30030
Bazza.
AC Engineer. COYS
 
Bazza.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 3,495
Likes (Received): 2505

Quote:
Originally Posted by superted4 View Post
Anybody guess what they are doing on the NE corner tunnel. Its been like that for a few weeks. The lower half looks complete but they've installed the upper half terracing with no barrier/wall and on the videos on the official site it shows at least 6 rows down from the vomitory rather than the 1 thats currently there. I wonder if there will be a movable section here that can be removed/retracted when they require large vehicles to enter the stadium.
That vomitory looks a bit low to me. Is it just waiting to b lifted in to place? and if it is, does that give you the 6 rows you're looking for?
__________________
Bazza.
Bazza. no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 17th, 2017, 05:41 PM   #30031
HotspurSam
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 800
Likes (Received): 745

Quote:
Originally Posted by EJG View Post
I found a new method of getting the original full size time lapse photos from the Spurs web site. It's very simple, no faffing about, nothing murky like having to find hidden folders or anything like that. It's laughably quick and easy and very useful if you want to grab a high res version of a specific time lapse pic that you're looking at.

I don't want to swamp the thread with a load of posts about it and get in the way of the real stadium discussion, so please send me a PM if you'd like to know the method.

Will you be able to screen grab and post some of them on here Mr EJG?
That would do me sir.
HotspurSam no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 17th, 2017, 05:54 PM   #30032
BillericaySpurs
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: London/Billericay
Posts: 73
Likes (Received): 90

Quote:
Originally Posted by EJG View Post
I found a new method of getting the original full size time lapse photos from the Spurs web site. It's very simple, no faffing about, nothing murky like having to find hidden folders or anything like that. It's laughably quick and easy and very useful if you want to grab a high res version of a specific time lapse pic that you're looking at.

I don't want to swamp the thread with a load of posts about it and get in the way of the real stadium discussion, so please send me a PM if you'd like to know the method.
I need to post more to be able to send you a PM regarding info on the method so forgive my laziness even though I am on this page 24/7, so would it be possible for you to send them to me please. Let it be known that your alternative CAM website was what kept me from pulling teeth when the official cams were teetering for an eternity.

Nice to also see that contact has been made from the East Stand to Core 6 albeit tenuously ATM. Does anybody know whether they are going to start building up around Core 6 and fully join up before the seasons end or wait until all the fans don't need access?
__________________

EJG liked this post
BillericaySpurs no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 17th, 2017, 06:01 PM   #30033
stevecubic
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 654
Likes (Received): 381

LONDON - New White Hart Lane (61,461)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillericaySpurs View Post
I need to post more to be able to send you a PM regarding info on the method so forgive my laziness even though I am on this page 24/7, so would it be possible for you to send them to me please. Let it be known that your alternative CAM website was what kept me from pulling teeth when the official cams were teetering for an eternity.



Nice to also see that contact has been made from the East Stand to Core 6 albeit tenuously ATM. Does anybody know whether they are going to start building up around Core 6 and fully join up before the seasons end or wait until all the fans don't need access?


I think they can join it up leaving the present fans access as is
stevecubic está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old February 17th, 2017, 06:08 PM   #30034
EJG
Registered User
 
EJG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: London(ish)
Posts: 2,006
Likes (Received): 4598

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotspurSam View Post
Will you be able to screen grab and post some of them on here Mr EJG?
That would do me sir.
I've sent you a PM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillericaySpurs View Post
I need to post more to be able to send you a PM regarding info on the method so forgive my laziness even though I am on this page 24/7, so would it be possible for you to send them to me please. Let it be known that your alternative CAM website was what kept me from pulling teeth when the official cams were teetering for an eternity.
Cheers, glad you find my cam site useful.

Just to mention that I've used up my private message limit for today, so if anyone else contacts me I won't be able to reply until tomorrow afternoon.
EJG no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 17th, 2017, 06:21 PM   #30035
BillericaySpurs
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: London/Billericay
Posts: 73
Likes (Received): 90

Quote:
Originally Posted by EJG View Post
I've sent you a PM.



Cheers, glad you find my cam site useful.

Just to mention that I've used up my private message limit for today, so if anyone else contacts me I won't be able to reply until tomorrow afternoon.
Thank you very much.

One snippet. I did the Virtual sales pitch last week and I asked about capacity and possible safe standing future proofing numbers, to which he said the Capacity will be 61,000 (exactly, which I found a bit precise) and with safe standing approved it would be 68,000 which has been mentioned on here before so just confirming.

I have my doubts that the sales team are really up to speed on facts and figures though and tend to not know too much about the project beyond getting you to invest your hard earned cash. Very impressive pitch though.
__________________

Halitosis liked this post
BillericaySpurs no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 17th, 2017, 06:27 PM   #30036
matty66
Registered User
 
matty66's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 126
Likes (Received): 151

I complain when I have to do this to my bath tub!

__________________

Chrispur, BillericaySpurs, Nigee liked this post
matty66 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 17th, 2017, 06:35 PM   #30037
The_Captain
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 18
Likes (Received): 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by superted4 View Post
Anybody guess what they are doing on the NE corner tunnel. Its been like that for a few weeks. The lower half looks complete but they've installed the upper half terracing with no barrier/wall and on the videos on the official site it shows at least 6 rows down from the vomitory rather than the 1 thats currently there. I wonder if there will be a movable section here that can be removed/retracted when they require large vehicles to enter the stadium.


I was wondering this too. You can see from the site photos posted earlier today that on the little bit of the left hand side has some angled pieces cut out of the terracing so it looks like something can sit on top of it and be easily removed. I don't know how the NW corner tunnel was done and whether, like you say, this is so that they can easily remove this section to allow better access for large vehicles.
__________________

Bofrok, EJG liked this post
The_Captain no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 17th, 2017, 06:54 PM   #30038
Bofrok
Registered User
 
Bofrok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: London
Posts: 263
Likes (Received): 227

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Captain View Post


I was wondering this too. You can see from the site photos posted earlier today that on the little bit of the left hand side has some angled pieces cut out of the terracing so it looks like something can sit on top of it and be easily removed. I don't know how the NW corner tunnel was done and whether, like you say, this is so that they can easily remove this section to allow better access for large vehicles.
I was just about to post an almost identical picture so glad I double checked. Like superted4 I've been looking at that tunnel section for a while wondering how they are going to support the terracing that is still to be installed.

Perhaps removable as you both said, or with those angled sections could it be a section that can be raised hydraulically so that it tilts up towards the front? Whatever the answer it will be interesting to see what happens.
Bofrok no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 17th, 2017, 07:19 PM   #30039
EJG
Registered User
 
EJG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: London(ish)
Posts: 2,006
Likes (Received): 4598

The second photo is the same as one of the ones posted earlier, but it's higher res so I thought I'd post it again. The first photo is a new one.

@HMTGroupage

"A couple of HMT flatbed's delivering concrete to the new Tottenham Hotspur stadium."



EJG no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 17th, 2017, 07:52 PM   #30040
superted4
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 525
Likes (Received): 244

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazza. View Post
That vomitory looks a bit low to me. Is it just waiting to b lifted in to place? and if it is, does that give you the 6 rows you're looking for?
I thought of that, and whilst it looks low compared to the others on the north stand, it looks in line with the others on the east stand. I wonder if they might install a section that can lift out of the way on hydraulics, like those at Wembley? Must be something out of the norm as it doesn't match the video presentation and they installed in and around it.

Time will tell but like others on here I'm a little impatient!
superted4 no está en línea   Reply With Quote


Reply

Tags
england, football, populous, soccer, tottenham

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Related topics on SkyscraperCity


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 02:28 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Feedback Buttons provided by Advanced Post Thanks / Like (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

SkyscraperCity ☆ In Urbanity We trust ☆ about us | privacy policy | DMCA policy

Hosted by Blacksun, dedicated to this site too!
Forum server management by DaiTengu