daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > Philippine Forums > Around the Philippines > Transport, Urban Planning and Infrastructure > Railways

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old December 10th, 2017, 05:53 AM   #1961
[email protected]
Philippine Forum Mod

Likes (Received): 2920

Quote:
Originally Posted by romyman View Post
What good will your 'GOOD' Congressman do ? Too much finger in the pie .. the result is unsavory..
Agreed. Its easy to have connections, but at the end of the day, this no longer a government issue. A lot of people know I have actual relatives that are elected officials in the Legislative Branch but even my *influence* is limited. Prior to Dashcams, James Deakin and Top Gear Philippines, name dropping is best reserved for kotong cops anyway, you wouldn't believe how a certain village sticker can scare away would be road extortionist in certain...provinces. Now if people have direct contacts within SMC's Infrastructure department, then go do some REAL influencing with the station designs...

"The best solution all over the world, time tested, safe, no pollution, is still the use of the train system." - Ms. Elvira Medina, Nat'l Center for Commuter Safety and Protection
queetz@home no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old December 10th, 2017, 07:53 AM   #1962
jp1032

Likes (Received): 478

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayQ View Post
Mahina sa design mga pilipino

cheap and ugly.

ganyan gumawa mga local oligarchs naten. tinitipid yung pera. money comes first above all else.

Buti pa yung megawide-gmr, nakikinig. itong smc nagbubulag-bulagan.
Practisan lang yung mga infrastructures natin.

Sa China mga big projects dun may involved na mga foreign consultants at architects kaya magaganda mga projects nila from skyscraper to public transport systems.

Dito sa atin, di kaya maghire ng foreign consultants/designer dahil tipid tapos ipapasubcon pa ng subcon ng subcon ng subcon yan.

RayQ, yakabud liked this post
jp1032 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 10th, 2017, 08:44 AM   #1963
mon_dy

Likes (Received): 86

Style ata talaga ni Philkoei ang ganyang red red sh*t

Philippine Red Cross Project in Leyte

Medyo hawig ng MRT7

Norbskie liked this post
mon_dy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 10th, 2017, 03:22 PM   #1964
watcher09
One Of A Kind!

Likes (Received): 600

Grabe ang PANGIT! Can’t they hire good architects? Do they know that their designs are tacky?

Simple designs can be classy if you were an imaginative, innovative and skillful architect. Sorry, but their awful taste is glaring.

mon_dy liked this post
watcher09 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 10th, 2017, 09:16 PM   #1965
DesDep

Likes (Received): 229

Quote:
Originally Posted by mon_dy View Post
Style ata talaga ni Philkoei ang ganyang red red sh*t

Philippine Red Cross Project in Leyte

Medyo hawig ng MRT7

baka naman kasi sila din (or kamag-anak) ang supplier ng ganyang roofing material.....sa kanila din lahat ang kita sa materials he he he...
DesDep no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 11th, 2017, 01:58 AM   #1966
thethirtysixth
#TeamFairview

Likes (Received): 892

[IMG]https://encrypted-tbn2.************/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQSp8fLqdgvk48h1CTosx0LGCIh8-ji31E18wATvHFuTqBX7usc1Xgp1fjsfg[/IMG]

MRT Regalado station reminds me of Rapid KL's Putra Heights station. It could be better if they change the color haha.
Old December 11th, 2017, 07:48 AM   #1967
igi_master

Likes (Received): 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by robinciano View Post

Doņa Carmen Station
yan ba yung exact location ng Dona Carmen station? yan dating RS foam na yan malapit na sa Marlborro st.
Old December 11th, 2017, 09:36 AM   #1968
jp1032

Likes (Received): 478

Nakakahiyang ipost sa "railway section". Antayin na lang yung stations ng proposed MM subway na pedeng ipagmalaki.
jp1032 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 11th, 2017, 05:12 PM   #1969
kakangjonel

Likes (Received): 225

Wala lang guys. Sana humugot man lang ng Art installation ang mga designer once matapos na ang Structural part dito sa video na ito.

dessertfox liked this post
kakangjonel no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 11th, 2017, 05:56 PM   #1970
dessertfox

Likes (Received): 134

Quote:
Originally Posted by kakangjonel View Post
Wala lang guys. Sana humugot man lang ng Art installation ang mga designer once matapos na ang Structural part dito sa video na ito.

Day by day, had seen development of Riyadh Metro design by the late Zaha Hadid as I have posted here before those actual structural development of some of its station. Sad that our mode of financing relies always on the cheaper mode of building infrastructure the reason like that MRT 3 is happening. I hate lavishness of Imeldific but her taste on design was good cheap or extravagant, that design now may not pass during her governorship of Metro Manila.

But then Munich as shown is of simple Post and Beams and yet it was included in that list. Quezon City Circle station can be a tourist attraction if some of those museum like features are added like that on the list. Hongkong on the other hand goes for extra real-estate income to sustain operation.
Old Yesterday, 02:43 AM   #1971
cesc_uk

Likes (Received): 196

Been to Munich, Stockholm, Paris, Dubai, Toronto, Chicago and i had missed those metro station... only the one in Lisbon I have seen and used personally - stroke of fate & luck our hotel was just nearby that station... Manila Metro Stations don’t need to be ostentatiously/ garishly decorated or work of arts designed by a Starchitect like Dame Zaha Hadid (RIP) - you still got Lord Norman Norman Foster or Lord Richard Rogers, Renzo Piano, Frank Gehry, Daniel Libeskind, Santiago Calatrava... the stations need only to be Big & Sturdy or Future Proof - room for expansion in the future... three things - station should be strong enough to withstand earthquake or signal no. 5 typhoons or thieves proof...

Last edited by cesc_uk; Yesterday at 03:03 AM.
cesc_uk no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 06:59 AM   #1972
Shoktong
the great

Likes (Received): 91

If they want to expand the high volume stations of L1, they can actually do it like some of these where the concourse is above the platform. Yun lang they will have to get rid of the iconic L1 roof.

Quote:
Originally Posted by robinciano View Post
Opinion ko lang to, Ayaw ko po mag reklamo , sa tagal at sa dami siguro satin dito ang nanghingi nito sa DOTR, i can only thank Admin 09 for providing and understanding me kahit annoying na din siguro ako sa kanila. Yes this is a public project and DOTR should have been transparent to us pero it paid off naman. sa tagal nang clearance to post this photos, i learned to be more patient. Bahala na kayo mag raise ng reactions nyo sa kanila.

Concept Design of MRT-7 Stations
From DOTR

Quezon Memorial Circle Station

University Station

Tandang Sora Station

***Like what i said in my previous post, Don Antonio Station Design has been revised**

Batasan Station

Manggahan Station

Doņa Carmen Station

Regalado Station

Mindanao Station

Quirino Station ** will be possibly moved after Chowking/Mercury Hilltop

Sacred Heart Station

Tala Station

Di ko ma recognize ang background ng render na to kung saang part ng Commonwealth
Shoktong no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 04:25 PM   #1973
le Reine
Finding destiny

Likes (Received): 2020

Ganyan ba talaga kalalawak ang sidewalks sa proposed areas na yan? Kasi napansin ko kinain na naman ng mga stations yugng sidewalks. Baka naman maging MRT Ortigas station na naman yan.
le Reine no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 05:57 PM   #1974
Judah14
らき☆

Likes (Received): 224

Equipment at the site of Manggahan Station as of today, note the Liebherr LB 36-410 drilling rig at the site, instead of the Soilmec drilling rigs used at other sites of the MRT-7 project:

Picture taken by me and uploaded here.

Last edited by Judah14; Yesterday at 06:14 PM.
Judah14 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 06:02 PM   #1975
dessertfox

Likes (Received): 134

Quick editing concept on how to blend this Quezon Memorial Circle station with the Park ( by landscaping ) there are so many possiblities that will create rental revenue for the station by putting Kiosk or open restaurant on roof deck. I would like to convert the red barrel roof into neutral say skylight but could not find matching picture. It will take my time to design it but I can probably improved it with general benefit for the MRT operator and the park as well. These does not need to change much the foot print and the plan, a Roof Garden is a win-win for nature, benefits and on issue of Climate Change which Philippines is one among the most of the receiving end effect.

yhuanista07, DesDep liked this post

Last edited by dessertfox; Yesterday at 06:43 PM.
dessertfox no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 06:55 PM   #1976
diz
Unregistered User

Likes (Received): 1285

Already x100 better than the shit that supposed "design" firm put out.

It seriously baffles me how someone could take their time to create these abominable stations in the first place. What an insult to Filipino archiects.

yhuanista07 liked this post
diz no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 07:34 PM   #1977
watcher09
One Of A Kind!

Simple rooftop garden with stairs pwede na siguro to go with the waterfalls and to blend with the park’s trees instead of glaring flaming red arch. This station is near that part with plants on sale (nurseries) and rides.
Old Yesterday, 07:43 PM   #1978
watcher09
One Of A Kind!

Because it seems that our architects are not creative and not imaginative, their works should have been buried underground to hide their hideous works. Takpan na lang ng landscaping.
Old Yesterday, 09:30 PM   #1979
thomasian

Likes (Received): 2621

Red Metro stations doesn't have to be loud and obnoxious

With a little restraint in designing it, it can be nice.

Courtesy of http://www.transitchicago.com/95thterminal

Romb, DesDep liked this post
thomasian no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:27 PM   #1980
Romb

Likes (Received): 927

SOM ang architectural firm.Mas ok kung gray iyong red.Gustong gusto ang mga linear windows.
Nakahiyaan ko lang ipost dahil distorted.

diz, thomasian, vmanato liked this post
Romb no está en línea   Reply With Quote