daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > European Forums > UK & Ireland Architecture Forums > Projects and Construction > London Metro Area > Completed projects

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old Yesterday, 02:59 PM   #681
Likes (Received): 3402

You are joking?

Grimbarian liked this post
DarJoLe no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old Today, 11:39 AM   #682
Likes (Received): 2237

A personal opinion. You have made your point blatantly and you are entitled to disagree. Many of us now find this building of high quality and it IS stunning when seen from Broadgate Circle - but I admit, controversial to some people. You are going to have to get used to these 'bloated' buildings appearing throughout the City I'm afraid, as this what many large corporates want now: Bloomberg Place, 10 Fenchurch street, Principal Place, Mitre Square, Can of Ham, 22 Bishopsgate, 40 Leadenhall St. They are all bulbous and bloated in size and perhaps alien to the conservative look of the City; even Bloomberg Place has larger than average dimensions and overall appearance. This is how the City is devolving and if this is what large corporate firms, such as UBS and Bloomberg demand, then they will continue to be built.

I was disappointed to learn that 4 and 5 Broadgate would go to make way for this. However, I consider This building to be well executed and is just one of a considerable number of similar-sized buildings on the horizon. Arguably not always a good thing for the landscape of London.

Broadgate, when completed in the early 80s was also a mammoth development breaking the conservative bounds of what was there before - largely railway and disused. That was probably a controversial decision at the time and seen as bulbous and arrogant but now is little more than a acceptable part of the City's structure.
gravesVpelli no está en línea   Reply With Quote