search the site
 daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > India > Metropolitan Projects > Kolkata

Kolkata Project news for Kolkata Metropolitan Region - Kolkata, Howrah, Bidhan Nagar (Salt Lake), Nabadiganta (Sector V), New Town, Kalyani

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old June 3rd, 2010, 10:16 AM   #41
studdmanster
<!error detected>

Likes (Received): 17662

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suncity View Post
For sixty years we have been fooled into believing that our salvation lies in villages, in farming and making jams and jellies. And we continue to be fooled by the leaders and the intellectuals on this count even today. Result is that no one has paid any attention to urban development. And as for rural development - nothing much has happened in that front either despite all the so called concern for farmers by the leading lights of the state.

I wonder if with Miss Mamata's clean sweep of Bengal and getting control of Salt Lake and Kolkata will change the fortunes of the two cities.

While New Town has no elected body, will Miss Mamata relent and allow electricity to be transmitted and distributed? Or if she becomes CM of Bengal in the near future, will she demolish all New Town buildings and roads and return all the land to her farmer supporters? What is her stance on New Town?

Miss Mamata holds the keys right now to Kolkata and Bengal's future. She has a lot of intellectuals in her jholi. We will have to wait and watch.
keep ur fingers crossed sun...its just the other side of coin...till now left were batting..now they would be fielding..now its upto the batsmen who would either turn the match to an ODI, 20-20 or keep playing test match..

Kevin_Brown liked this post
studdmanster no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old June 3rd, 2010, 10:24 AM   #42
Samrat

Likes (Received): 261

I totally agree with the comments and views of Abhishek and Suncity.

I wonder which way the people of Kolkata (and Bengal as well) are heading!!

It seems they( saadharan maanus) have not learnt any lesson from the Singur debacle.

Only god can help the people of Bengal
Samrat no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 3rd, 2010, 01:21 PM   #43
sabya99

Likes (Received): 3

Suncity,
I totally agree with you!
Too many lumpens have poluted Waste Bengal political land scape. Nobody has learned any lessons from Singur. Whole India is making fun of Bengali babus. Is democracy that important now ??
sabya99 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 3rd, 2010, 10:47 PM   #44
SarafIndian

Likes (Received): 155

Well something is going good. People of Bengal are becoming quite unpredictable while putting their votes. Thats a good change I must say
Old June 4th, 2010, 08:49 AM   #45
SamitB
SamitB

Likes (Received): 14

@Suncity,saraf,samrat,sabya

(Though currently I am in Bangalore) Yesterday I was feeling so jealous of Karnataka Global Investors meet.Investments rain like anything some 3 lacs crore (same as of Gujrat 10 lacs crore).Now as political scenario is changing in Bengal ,don't know whether we are heading towards candle light or total darkness.

With closed eyes (without any political color )I just want to pray or wish for Bengal.It's late but not too late.Many good things should start happening now.
All eyes are on how KMC and Saltlake MC functions now.
SamitB no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 4th, 2010, 08:52 AM   #46
debayanlahiri

Likes (Received): 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by SarafIndian View Post
Well something is going good. People of Bengal are becoming quite unpredictable while putting their votes. Thats a good change I must say
The results were never unpredictable!!!! It was very clear from the beginning..
debayanlahiri no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 4th, 2010, 08:59 AM   #47
debayanlahiri

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamitB View Post
Now as political scenario is changing in Bengal, don't know whether we are heading towards candle light or total darkness.
Bengal is forced to have candle light dinners everyday.. Thank God atleast the sun is allowed to rise during the day!! Thanks to our Government.. or probably the lack of governance.. that Bengal is the most romantic State.. candle light dinners!!!!

Now that the political scenario is changing, or probably it has already changed, we expect to move ahead and spread the light..
Old June 4th, 2010, 09:03 AM   #48
SamitB
SamitB

HSCL does realty check to mitigate Rs 1,400-cr losses
ET KOLKATA

HINDUSTAN Steelworks Construction Ltd (HSCL) is betting big on infrastructure and real estate to claw back into profits after suffering losses for more than two decades.The company is awaiting Cabinet nod for its restructuring plan and aims to wipe out accumulated losses of Rs 1,400 crore by 2011-12.
To spearhead its foray into realty,HSCL,which made an operating profit of Rs 64 crore last year,is in talks with a number of public sector units under the department of heavy industries and steel plants to acquire idle land in the latters possession.HSCL then plans to develop housing and commercial real estate on such land.
We are moving into the realty sector.We are trying to get land belonging to sick PSUs like Hindustan Cables and Burn Standard which we can then develop into real estate, Malay Chatterjee,chairman and managing director,HSCL,said at a press meet on Thursday.
For instance,some 300 acres of unused land is estimated to be with steel plants in the East.HSCL will shortly enter into an agreement with Indian Oil Corp (IOC) to develop a housingcum-commercial complex on a fiveacre plot belonging to the oil major at Bahadurgarh in Delhi.
Closer home,HSCL has also applied to Hidco for some 30 acres in New Town,Rajarhat.The company hopes to use it to build its head office while the rest of the space will be rented out at competitive rates to other PSUs.
We have also stepped up our presence in building social infrastructure,like schools and healthcare units.We have so far done Rs 200 crore worth of jobs for Navodaya and Kendriya Vidyalaya schools all over the country,including quite a few in remote areas, said Mr Chatterjee.
Last week,the company bagged a project to construct a Rs 900-crore medico-educational complex in Gulbarga.
HSCL started life in the mid 60s with steel plant jobs,but of late,steel plant works constitute only 26% of its revenue.Over the last few years,road construction,particularly those in trouble-prone states,like Tripura,Jharkhand and Orissa,have emerged as a significant part of its portfolio.
HSCL recently secured a Rs 380-crore order under the Centres disaster management plan.The project,to be funded by the Prime Ministers Relief Fund,involves construction of 90 shelters in the Sunderbans.
Old June 4th, 2010, 09:06 AM   #49
debayanlahiri

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabya99 View Post
Suncity,
Too many lumpens have poluted Waste Bengal political land scape. Nobody has learned any lessons from Singur. Whole India is making fun of Bengali babus. Is democracy that important now ??
India is a democratic country.. democracy shall prevail.. By the way, whole India making fun of Bengalis?? Which whole India?? If you talk about the Centre.. the UPA II Government is hoping to c developments in Bengal.. Our PM is often congratulating our Railway Minister on various achievement.. such imp personalities like our PM now have a changed prospective of a new Bengal.. Good days r here again..
Old June 4th, 2010, 09:06 AM   #50
SamitB
SamitB

Quote:
Originally Posted by debayanlahiri View Post
Bengal is forced to have candle light dinners everyday.. Thank God atleast the sun is allowed to rise during the day!! Thanks to our Government.. or probably the lack of governance.. that Bengal is the most romantic State.. candle light dinners!!!!

Now that the political scenario is changing, or probably it has already changed, we expect to move ahead and spread the light..
Old June 4th, 2010, 09:12 AM   #51
SamitB
SamitB

Quote:
Originally Posted by debayanlahiri View Post
The results were never unpredictable!!!! It was very clear from the beginning..
I agree with you.It should have been happened much earlier.
But it started with wrong note (Singur)

Now,if Opposition succeeds to bring many TATAs to invest in Bengal,then only the real change will happen in bengal.

Opposition has tough task to do and they are well aware of that.
Old June 4th, 2010, 09:37 AM   #52
anan355

Likes (Received): 530

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabya99 View Post
Suncity,
Hi Sabya,

I was not aware of the fact that "Whole India is making fun of Bengali babus".
Can you please clarify the source of this info? Or is just an assumption ?

I think we have already reached the nadir of development in 33 years of Left front rule. They saw to it that lakhs of Bengali middle guys are forced to leave the state in search of jobs.

I think whatever direction Bengal will be taking now, will be for betterment only .

For decades CPM is used to give the excuse of atrocities of 72-77 while asking for votes. I think they have now taken this excuse of Singur which they will keep on chanting for next 10 years.
anan355 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 4th, 2010, 11:11 AM   #53
studdmanster
<!error detected>

Likes (Received): 17662

Quote:

(Though currently I am in Bangalore) Yesterday I was feeling so jealous of Karnataka Global Investors meet.Investments rain like anything some 3 lacs crore (same as of Gujrat 10 lacs crore).Now as political scenario is changing in Bengal ,don't know whether we are heading towards candle light or total darkness.

With closed eyes (without any political color )I just want to pray or wish for Bengal.It's late but not too late.Many good things should start happening now.
at last the people of bengal have started thinking out of the box..err out of red...for 33yrs if you do nothing just for winning your seat..this is ought to happen...last evening i had a chat with my friend who stays in bangalore and he just said to me what Samit has mentioned above...now one question comes in my mind...which is better to achieve - the most developed state's tag or a state where the rulling party has not been changed for 33yrs+ without any developements..boss go to chennai/blr..even cochin is far-far developed than kolkata...leave aside bengal...only notable thing that our former CM did in his tenure was transforming villages into small town...and mistakes (rather grievious mistakes), banning english, not introducing computers,...and yes hawkers...the bloody f*****s...had these govt not been so interested in so called votebank politics there would have been the singur issue at the first place..this change should have taken place way back...but its never too late..at least its better late than never......during the last one and a half year three notable things turned green in Kol...autos,kmc and bmc..the autos are doing well so lets hope the rest 2 does!!!
At last this change will show a string of developments in the state during the next one year as the govt will try to do 'morom kale horinaam'...so kolkata will see a sea of developement (hopefully)

Kevin_Brown liked this post

Last edited by Suncity; June 6th, 2010 at 07:55 PM.
studdmanster no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 4th, 2010, 04:42 PM   #54
SamitB
SamitB

Quote:
Originally Posted by studdmanster View Post
at last the people of bengal have started thinking out of the box..err out of red...for 33yrs if you do nothing just for winning your seat..this is ought to happen...last evening i had a chat with my friend who stays in bangalore and he just said to me what Samit has mentioned above...now one question comes in my mind...which is better to achieve - the most developed state's tag or a state where the rulling party has not been changed for 33yrs+ without any developements..boss go to chennai/blr..even cochin is far-far developed than kolkata...leave aside bengal...only notable thing that our former CM did in his tenure was transforming villages into small town...and mistakes (rather grievious mistakes), banning english, not introducing computers,...and yes hawkers...the bloody f*****s...had these govt not been so interested in so called votebank politics there would have been the singur issue at the first place..this change should have taken place way back...but its never too late..at least its better late than never......during the last one and a half year three notable things turned green in Kol...autos,kmc and bmc..the autos are doing well so lets hope the rest 2 does!!!
At last this change will show a string of developments in the state during the next one year as the govt will try to do 'morom kale horinaam'...so kolkata will see a sea of developement (hopefully)
I completely agree with you.
At last the left also started to believe that bengalis are no longer fool
.So "Markin samrajyobad ,pujibad nipat jak" or "Some party is related to maoist" like slogans are absolute now.People now started to think for their development.

So for the sake of development ,we hope both parties in power and opposition will work hand in hand.

Last edited by Suncity; June 6th, 2010 at 07:55 PM.
Old June 4th, 2010, 04:58 PM   #55
avishar

Likes (Received): 183

Quote:

Hello samitB i am in bangalore too.Bengal should organise something on the lines of this GIM.The sheer number of investments was just mind boggling here.
avishar no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 4th, 2010, 09:23 PM   #56
anirban_ban

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
I completely agree with you.
At last the left also started to believe that bengalis are no longer fool
.So "Markin samrajyobad ,pujibad nipat jak" or "Some party is related to maoist" like slogans are absolute now.People now started to think for their development.

So for the sake of development ,we hope both parties in power and opposition will work hand in hand.
I hope we will never have "Bharat Bandh" celebrated in (only) Bengal anymore. Or a Cuba Bandh or a Vietnam Bandh in Bengal.
anirban_ban no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 5th, 2010, 12:33 AM   #57
SarafIndian

Photo cc Dhiman Bhattacharjee

Bakkhali, West Bengal
image hosted on flickr
Old June 5th, 2010, 12:48 AM   #58
SarafIndian

Quote:

Good for Karnataka. Though west bengal too, we already have several thousands of crores investment proposal particularly in Steel and Power sector. But all the potential states(including Karnataka) are facing raw material source problem. Currently the biggest ongoing project west bengal is implementing(u/c) is Jindal steel and power project which is a a total of 35000 Cr. There are similar kind of investment proposals from Bhusan, Adhunik, Videocon, Jai balaji as well..

Btw, regarding the current political situation I think it is the time Buddha should step down.
Old June 5th, 2010, 01:45 AM   #59
sabya99

Likes (Received): 3

I live in central new jersey, home to about half million NRI. These includes Bangali,Gujrati,Tamil,Marathi,Punjabi,Karnataki etc. NRI from these states donít understand why Singur movement was lunched, 6000 jobs were lost and Mamata was rewarded by voters? Does this mean the more anarchy you introduce the more people friendly you are or your prospect of electoral success increases with the degree of destructive politics! Jyoti Basu practiced this kind of politics for 50 years, humiliated Dr.B.C. Roy and remained in Writers Building for 30 years and now Mamta has inherited this. So my NRI friends donít understand why people of waste Bengal donít understand that anarchy could not be rewarded at any level. Why they donít understand that forced industrialization is the only solution of bengalís unemployment problem. Growing potato or cucumber is not the answer although those things are necessary. They think presence of large number of uprooted people from neighboring states have created an unstable social environment. No matter whom they vote these lumpens will have no future in waste Bengal and they have to relocate to Delhi or Bombay as maid or handyman. And whatever intellectual left in the state must think hard what type of socioeconomic structure they want.
sabya99 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 5th, 2010, 01:59 AM   #60
SarafIndian

Agree with you. I don't have problem if Miss Momota and her guns come to power and do some good job. But look at the way she is coming to power; by kicking tatas ass out of bengal and don't know by doing how many anti industrialization/anti urbanization activities around. How can we now believe that she will be future "kandari" of industrialization of bengal. I don't see any hope..

Tags
calcutta, films, kolkata, kolkatta, music