search the site
 daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > India > Metropolitan Projects > Kolkata

Kolkata Project news for Kolkata Metropolitan Region - Kolkata, Howrah, Bidhan Nagar (Salt Lake), Nabadiganta (Sector V), New Town, Kalyani

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old September 4th, 2010, 05:57 AM   #21
highrise-kolkata

Likes (Received): 0

Hidco’s free gift to rlys: Metro land
Housing Corporation To Pay 250 Cr For Metro Project, Hand Over 12-Km Rajarhat Land

Quote:
Kolkata: Housing minister Gautam Deb has been complaining repeatedly that railway minister Mamata Banerjee was not cooperating with the Housing Infrastructure Development Corporation (Hidco) over certain development projects. Now, Deb has played a masterstroke that is certain to cause discomfort in the opposition ranks.
Mamata Banerjee had earlier proposed to extend the Metro alignment through Rajarhat up to the airport. To assist the railways, Hidco will not only pay the railway authorities 250 crore, but also hand over the entire land, stretching over 12 km, in Rajarhat New Town to the railway ministry completely free of cost.
Deb, who is also the Hidco chairman, said they were preparing documents to submit a letter in this regard to the railway ministry. “We will soon send a letter informing them about our decision. We will also talk to the railway board chairman on this issue. Under the railway minister’s proposal, it will be a huge project that will cost over 1,000 crore. To help them execute the project, Hidco will hand them 250 crore. Also, the entire land required for the project will be given to the railways free of cost. It will stretch over 12 km, from Sector V to the airport,” Deb said.
The Hidco authorities are now working on surveying the area and measuring the land to find out a proper alignment through which the Metro route could be proposed.
Deb has been repeatedly complaining over Mamata’s non-cooperation in implementing development projects in Rajarhat. “We will give them several acres of land free of cost for the proposed Metro extension project. But unfortunately, Mamata herself has not been cooperating with us. A section of the Trinamool Congress has been creating problems for us in installing only four electric towers at Chhapna mouza, which will supply power to a large area in Rajarhat. Apart from that, they have also been creating trouble for Hidco in finding suitable land for setting up a solid waste management project in Rajarhat. Even Mamata has not replied to my repeated invites to attend the programme in which we will hand over the keys to hundreds of families in the mass housing project,” Deb complained.
Though the Rajarhat Township plan had been conceptualised a long time back, the Hidco authorities had kept provisions for a Metro alignment to pass beneath the township for better communication. Earlier, it had even been proposed that the under-construction East-West Metro would move through Rajarhat but the alignment was curtailed till Wipro junction in Sector V to curtail the project cost.
“Apart from the huge population the township will house once it comes up fully, there will be an enormous floating population because besides being a business and financial hub, Rajarhat will have malls, shopping complexes, multiplexes, hospitals, schools and colleges. For this, a Metro alignment will be needed in the near future,” explained a Hidco town planner.
PIL alleges land irregularities
Kolkata: A PIL was filed in Calcutta high court on Friday against alleged irregularities in the distribution of land in Rajarhat by Hidco.
Ramaprosad Sarkar, the petitioner, alleged that while allotting plots from his quota, Hidco chairman Goutam Deb had violated the HC’s direction in respect of plot allotment in Salt Lake from the CM’s quota.
The petitioner said allegations of favouritism have been raised against Deb in allotting plots from his quota and prayed for an injunction restraining Hidco from handing over plots under the chairman’s quota. The matter is likely to be heard next Friday.
highrise-kolkata no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old September 6th, 2010, 10:03 AM   #22
rupakd

Likes (Received): 774

rupakd no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 13th, 2010, 02:36 AM   #23
ssinha50

This is a nice forum! I have booked a flat in Akankha Krishnachura in 2005. As you know, there is no show for the flat. When I ask Bengal shelter for a status, I get a spreadsheet describing the progress of the work.
Would like to know the real status for the flat delivery. Do you know when they are giving possession? Do they have water, electricity and sewerage permission? Dont believe in electric supply by a generator. Why did this bengal shelter build the towers without the infrastructure permits in first place? Is this a joke? what were they thinking? That somebody will come with a magic wand and reward them with all the permits. Never ever heard a builder group (at least in this magnitude) who built a big complex like Akankha without infrastructure permits. This is compeltely insane. How did they get the permit for the building?
I have put 90% money down in the development. Now I dont have money to buy another flat. If I knew earlier in the development, I could have pursued anotherr flat without depositing money here. Now I dont have money, Dont have a flat either. I need a place for my family members who are goign to college in kolkata. Also I need a place to stay during my visit to Kolkata. I am so frustrated with Bengal Shelter's leadership and management.

Can any of you give me the new mayor's email address (Mr. cahtterjee)?
I have written amnay many letters to Gautam Deb. Its a big mystry what happens to these letters.
Does anyone care there?
ssinha50 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 4th, 2010, 10:41 AM   #24
studdmanster
<!error detected>

Likes (Received): 17660

New Town being spruced up!

New town is now being decorated like a bride. Roads are being cleaned and relaid, lampposts have been erected with lights off course, even before the roads are being constructed!, the medians are being painted, so are the tree trunks, lane markings are being relaid, as there are just few days before the 'naamkaran' ceremony. Even the street lights have been repainted! A multiple bump, like those near Chinarpark, has also been made just at end of sec-5.
The barren land, near the crossing from where one can enter towards Infospace, has been taken up as a place for the ceremony to be taken place. Huge structure has been erected, along with many other things. The huge lake that is located near ONGC green building is also been decorated with lamposts and lights!...it seems HIDCO is spending huge for this function!
studdmanster no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 25th, 2010, 02:40 PM   #25
Samrat

Likes (Received): 261

"Bhagoban ei mahilake ektu subuddhi dao"

Mamata’s Rajarhat punch ready for Deb
source: The Telegraph 25.10.2010
Quote:
Calcutta, Oct. 24: Mamata Banerjee today announced a land protest in Rajarhat, Calcutta’s upcoming hotspot where housing minister Gautam Deb is seen as trying to match her flag-off frenzy with a project blitz.

The railway minister will lead a march of farmers in Rajarhat on November 13 to protest allegedly forcible land acquisition and denial of compensation relating to the New Town project and other plans.

“Over 25,000 farmers will participate in a padayatra on November 13 to protest forcible acquisition of their land. Many of the farmers have been denied compensation. I will have to help them get justice,” Mamata said this afternoon at her Kalighat residence before leaving for Delhi.

An official of the Housing Infrastructure Development Company (Hidco), which is developing many of the projects and comes under Deb’s department, expressed fears that the agitation might hit ongoing plans.

“Besides the proposed financial hub (announced earlier this month by Buddhadeb Bhattacharjee) on 300 acres, a central business district on 500 acres and a mass housing scheme comprising 20,000 flats on 150 acres are coming up. We fear the rail minister’s agitation might affect work in these projects,” he said.

Trinamul sources said Mamata had planned the protest to corner Deb, who has tried to project her as a stumbling block for the state’s development drive. He has also complained that she hasn’t turned up for many project openings despite being invited by his department.

“Mamata’s Rajarhat march and the wider agitation will be like the ones she waged in Singur and Nandigram. It is aimed at exposing the housing minister. She is unhappy at the way Deb is out to scuttle her efforts to score over the Left by flagging off rail projects,” a Trinamul general secretary said.

Other leaders said the large turnout for yesterday’s march by the railway minister to demand the withdrawal of joint forces from Maoist-hit areas had spurred the Rajarhat offensive.

“The entire area from Bidhan Nagar to Beliaghata (through which the march was held) is represented by CPM MLAs Rupa Bagchi and Manab Mukherjee, the state minister for tourism. A large turnout at yesterday’s rally was indicative of our steady consolidation in the CPM bastion,” said Trinamul president Subrata Bakshi.

Asked to react to Mamata’s agitation, Deb said: “The rail minister is most welcome in Rajarhat. I have tried to bring Mamata twice to flag off my programmes there. Now she is coming here on her own. If she calls me to the talks table to address the problems of farmers, I would be glad to attend. At least, this would send a message that the Opposition and the government should work in tandem for development.”

Samrat no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 27th, 2010, 08:40 AM   #26
niljee

Likes (Received): 724

China's Wuhan city wants to invest in Kolkata

Kolkata, Oct 26 (IANS) A delegation from China's Wuhan city Tuesday evinced interest in investing in the New Town area that is being developed near Rajarhat in Kolkata's north eastern fringes.

'We are interested in developing a manufacturing hub to produce building materials in the New town area,' said Yang Guocheng, deputy secretary General of Wuhan municipal government and the leader of the visiting delegation.

The delegation signed an agreement of friendship and cooperation with the Bharat Chamber of Commerce to promote trade between Kolkata and Wuhan.

Built on a public-private-partnership model, the New Town commercial-cum-residential township has a large concentration of Information Technology companies.

Capital of Hubei province, Wuhan is the most populous city in central China. Its major industries includes optic-electronic, automobile manufacturing, steel manufacturing, new pharmaceutical sector, biology engineering and environmental protection.
niljee no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 29th, 2010, 08:39 AM   #27
rupakd

An 'Anandabazar Patrika' Report:

Bangladesh would like to open consulate in New Town on a 6.2 acre plot. In New Town, there will be a 'Deplomatic Enclave'(like Chanakyapuri in Delhi) near proposed 'International Convention Center'. Banladesh will be the first country to set up a consulate in that zone.
Old October 29th, 2010, 08:41 AM   #28
sidney_jec
Complex Equation

so will that be a second consulate in the city for bangladesh?

PS: Lord Murugan never deleted signatures. Never
sidney_jec no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 29th, 2010, 08:44 AM   #29
rupakd

From today's TOI epaper:

Old October 29th, 2010, 11:10 AM   #30
Samrat

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidney_jec View Post
so will that be a second consulate in the city for bangladesh?
IMO the old one will be shifted to the new address as nowhere in the world there are two consulates in one city from a particular country.
Old October 30th, 2010, 03:47 PM   #31
Suncity
By the ocean

Likes (Received): 13841

photos copyright pattuswetha

Suncity está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old October 30th, 2010, 06:53 PM   #32
niljee

Likes (Received): 724

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suncity View Post
Great pics! Thanks Suncity! The second one is of Swissotel+City Center2 I guess, but which area is the first one?

Last edited by Suncity; October 31st, 2010 at 01:43 AM.
niljee no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 30th, 2010, 07:15 PM   #33
Suncity
By the ocean

Quote:
Originally Posted by niljee View Post
Great pics! Thanks Suncity! The second one is of Swissotel+City Center2 I guess, but which area is the first one?
DLF I and others - this is from sector V side.
Old October 30th, 2010, 07:39 PM   #34
avishar

Likes (Received): 183

Wonderful pics suncity!

Rajarhat is adding density.Any chance you can get yourself a helicopter and treat us to some aerials?

And what is that project across the lake extreme left?(white shiny building)
avishar no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 30th, 2010, 07:44 PM   #35
Suncity
By the ocean

Quote:
Originally Posted by avishar View Post
Wonderful pics suncity!

Rajarhat is adding density.Any chance you can get yourself a helicopter and treat us to some aerials?
No helicopter rides.

Quote:
Originally Posted by avishar View Post
And what is that project across the lake extreme left?(white shiny building)
It's probably the Sythesis Business Park
Old October 30th, 2010, 07:47 PM   #36
avishar

Likes (Received): 183

Yes it is the synthesis business park.Just checked it in wikimapia.Also if you compare the pic and wikimapia a lot of construction has taken place in that area.
avishar no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 31st, 2010, 01:39 AM   #37
Suncity
By the ocean

photo copyright Thorsten Schulze

<---scroll if needed--->
Old November 3rd, 2010, 12:03 PM   #38
podai2010

Hello!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

South City is devloping a lot,its really great to see!!!!!!!
podai2010 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 3rd, 2010, 07:29 PM   #39
studdmanster
<!error detected>

Likes (Received): 17660

^SOUTH CITY?????????
studdmanster no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 11th, 2010, 01:49 PM   #40
Samrat

Quote:
Originally Posted by studdmanster View Post
^SOUTH CITY?????????
Its Rajarhat New Town, Kolkata(which is east of Salt Lake) and the buildings in the foreground are "Rosedale Garden" and "Unitech Heights" under construction(now topped out)

Tags
calcutta, india, kolkata, kolkatta, newtown, urban, west bengal