search the site
 daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > India > Galleries and Creative Corner > Showcase Gallery

Showcase Gallery Have your own photos of India? Showcase them here



Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.


Reply

 
Thread Tools
Old August 21st, 2012, 01:51 PM   #81
samrat_m
Registered User
 
samrat_m's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 3,586
Likes (Received): 2098

View taken from Sarat Bose Road in South Kol, shows the rising Ballygunge area skyline to the right & distant far off is the CBD skyline.

image hosted on flickr


Zoom in to Ballygunge area

image hosted on flickr
samrat_m no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old August 21st, 2012, 01:57 PM   #82
samrat_m
Registered User
 
samrat_m's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 3,586
Likes (Received): 2098

Apartment Blocks on Southern Avenue, adjacent to Rabindra Sarobar lake.

image hosted on flickr


Beyond Rabindra Sarobar is the PAS Road skyline
image hosted on flickr
samrat_m no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 21st, 2012, 02:00 PM   #83
samrat_m
Registered User
 
samrat_m's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 3,586
Likes (Received): 2098

PAS Road skyline

image hosted on flickr


image hosted on flickr
samrat_m no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 21st, 2012, 02:08 PM   #84
samrat_m
Registered User
 
samrat_m's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 3,586
Likes (Received): 2098

The Maidan, with a panoramic view of The Victoria Memorial & Race Course, at dusk

image hosted on flickr
samrat_m no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 22nd, 2012, 07:32 AM   #85
Prasanth_KCV
Registered User
 
Prasanth_KCV's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Kochi, Kannur, Kollam,Dubai
Posts: 2,781
Likes (Received): 2522

Nice pics
Prasanth_KCV no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 30th, 2012, 01:35 PM   #86
samrat_m
Registered User
 
samrat_m's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 3,586
Likes (Received): 2098

Approaching the city from Vidyasagar Setu, a glimpse of South Kolkata skyline

image hosted on flickr
samrat_m no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 30th, 2012, 01:39 PM   #87
samrat_m
Registered User
 
samrat_m's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 3,586
Likes (Received): 2098

image hosted on flickr
samrat_m no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 21st, 2012, 05:53 AM   #88
sbyctzn
gumiho
 
sbyctzn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: ujung galuh - matraman - blambangan
Posts: 10,761

Quote:
Originally Posted by samrat_m View Post
PAS Road skyline

image hosted on flickr

nice pict!!
so green...
never know many thing about this city before...
there so many green area in this city...
Kahaani movie... i'm start love this city after see Kahaani Movie
thanks samrat for your pict...
sorry for my bad english
regard
indonesian forumer
sbyctzn no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 21st, 2012, 02:23 PM   #89
samrat_m
Registered User
 
samrat_m's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 3,586
Likes (Received): 2098

Thanks, sbyctzn. Appreciate your love for the city & my pics.
And don't mind the English. It is good enough. Besides, Language is never a barrier for expression of feelings.
samrat_m no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 21st, 2012, 06:04 PM   #90
sbyctzn
gumiho
 
sbyctzn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: ujung galuh - matraman - blambangan
Posts: 10,761

Quote:
Originally Posted by samrat_m View Post
Thanks, sbyctzn. Appreciate your love for the city & my pics.
And don't mind the English. It is good enough. Besides, Language is never a barrier for expression of feelings.
Thanks samrat,
i'll always wait your next amazing pict about Kolkata.
Btw, how many highrise in Kolkata?
It seem more than 100 highrise building in this city.
sbyctzn no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 22nd, 2012, 07:49 PM   #91
samrat_m
Registered User
 
samrat_m's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 3,586
Likes (Received): 2098

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbyctzn View Post
Thanks samrat,
i'll always wait your next amazing pict about Kolkata.
Btw, how many highrise in Kolkata?
It seem more than 100 highrise building in this city.
There are around 30 buildings presently in the city (built & U/C together) which is 100m+, while it has around 200 buildings in the range of 75m - 100m.
The tallest one @ 245m has just commenced construction.

For complete details on the Tall buildings of Kolkata, u can follow this thread which contains a complete detailed list & info on each project & is constantly updated with new projects launch.
Kolkata Vertical Limit - Tall Buildings Guide
samrat_m no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 25th, 2012, 03:24 PM   #92
sbyctzn
gumiho
 
sbyctzn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: ujung galuh - matraman - blambangan
Posts: 10,761

Quote:
Originally Posted by samrat_m View Post
There are around 30 buildings presently in the city (built & U/C together) which is 100m+, while it has around 200 buildings in the range of 75m - 100m.
The tallest one @ 245m has just commenced construction.

For complete details on the Tall buildings of Kolkata, u can follow this thread which contains a complete detailed list & info on each project & is constantly updated with new projects launch.
Kolkata Vertical Limit - Tall Buildings Guide
30 buildings?
but i mean highrise with emporis rule (that building highrise is building with more than 12 storey, i think Kolkata have more than 30 highrise building)
i see so many 12 storey buiding in Kolkata...
also about the density, i think density in this city is great in residential area...
ok thanks for your sharing.. cheers
sbyctzn no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 1st, 2013, 07:40 PM   #93
samrat_m
Registered User
 
samrat_m's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 3,586
Likes (Received): 2098

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbyctzn View Post
30 buildings?
but i mean highrise with emporis rule (that building highrise is building with more than 12 storey, i think Kolkata have more than 30 highrise building)
i see so many 12 storey buiding in Kolkata...
also about the density, i think density in this city is great in residential area...
ok thanks for your sharing.. cheers
By Emporis rule (Highrise is a building with 12 floors & above), number of Highrises would be around 750.
Yes, Kolkata is a very densely built up city, be it residential areas or commercial areas.
samrat_m no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 8th, 2013, 10:09 PM   #94
samrat_m
Registered User
 
samrat_m's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 3,586
Likes (Received): 2098

KOLKATA PANORAMIC VIEWS

1.
Park Circus - Beckbagan area. Towards the far right starts the Ballygunge area.

image hosted on flickr
samrat_m no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 8th, 2013, 10:13 PM   #95
samrat_m
Registered User
 
samrat_m's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 3,586
Likes (Received): 2098

KOLKATA PANORAMIC VIEWS

2.
Part of the CBD Area viewed from 20 floors above, from a highrise building in Chowringhee

samrat_m no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 8th, 2013, 10:18 PM   #96
samrat_m
Registered User
 
samrat_m's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 3,586
Likes (Received): 2098

KOLKATA PANORAMIC VIEWS

3.
Rabindra Sarovar Lake area in South Kolkata

image hosted on flickr


Wide
samrat_m no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 10th, 2013, 11:58 AM   #97
NiladriG
Shonar Bangla
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Kolkata
Posts: 4,957
Likes (Received): 1804

Fantastic shot samrat.
NiladriG no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 10th, 2013, 05:44 PM   #98
sbyctzn
gumiho
 
sbyctzn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: ujung galuh - matraman - blambangan
Posts: 10,761

Quote:
Originally Posted by samrat_m View Post
By Emporis rule (Highrise is a building with 12 floors & above), number of Highrises would be around 750.
Yes, Kolkata is a very densely built up city, be it residential areas or commercial areas.
omg amazing!!! around 750??
wow very impressive!!
even 2nd biggest city in Indonesia (Surabaya) where i'm live now, just have above 100 highrise by emporis rule.

Quote:
Originally Posted by samrat_m View Post
1.
Park Circus - Beckbagan area. Towards the far right starts the Ballygunge area.
left side form this picture is Salt Lake Stadium? is that right? CMIIW

Quote:
Originally Posted by samrat_m View Post
3.
Rabindra Sarovar Lake area in South Kolkata
i love this angle, combine of huge green area, high rise, stadium...

thanks samrat for your great pict
sbyctzn no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 10th, 2013, 08:40 PM   #99
samrat_m
Registered User
 
samrat_m's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 3,586
Likes (Received): 2098

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbyctzn View Post
omg amazing!!! around 750??
wow very impressive!!
even 2nd biggest city in Indonesia (Surabaya) where i'm live now, just have above 100 highrise by emporis rule
OK. I checked the Indonesian forum recently. Surabaya is beautiful!!. And Jakarta is simply awesome, such a great skyline & skyscrapers.

Quote:
left side form this picture is Salt Lake Stadium? is that right? CMIIW
Yes, Salt Lake stadium would fall on the left side of this picture. But it is pretty far from there about 10-12 kms away.

Quote:
i love this angle, combine of huge green area, high rise, stadium...


Quote:
thanks samrat for your great pict
You are welcome. Really appreciate your love for the city.
samrat_m no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 10th, 2013, 08:41 PM   #100
samrat_m
Registered User
 
samrat_m's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 3,586
Likes (Received): 2098

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiladriG View Post
Fantastic shot samrat.
Thanx, buddy.
samrat_m no está en línea   Reply With Quote


Reply

Tags
calcutta, cbd, city, india, kolkata, skyline, urban, views, west bengal

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Related topics on SkyscraperCity


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 04:32 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Feedback Buttons provided by Advanced Post Thanks / Like (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

SkyscraperCity ☆ In Urbanity We trust ☆ about us | privacy policy | DMCA policy

Hosted by Blacksun, dedicated to this site too!
Forum server management by DaiTengu