search the site
 daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > Forum Pencakar Langit Malaysia > Pengangkutan

Pengangkutan aviation, automotive, rail and urban transportation

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old August 19th, 2017, 04:31 PM   #641
bumbleserpent94

Likes (Received): 10

AK stations 4 aircraft for KCH hub. MAS stations 3 if I'm not mistaken. The morning rush is evident but that doesn't last throughout the day. On any given hour during the day you may have at least 2 aircraft at the gates, not counting remote stands for MASWings. So yes, it is quite underutilized. The gates normally fill up again late evening-night.

fairul liked this post
bumbleserpent94 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old August 19th, 2017, 05:06 PM   #642
LonelyPoP
BANNED

Likes (Received): 79

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkdriver View Post
The terminal is hardly occupied. But it's nice render, for future reference. Maybe can talk again about this in 20 years time.
I don't think KLIA has been fully utilized before building LCCT. I used to transit few times at KLIA and it seems very empty.
LonelyPoP no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 19th, 2017, 06:31 PM   #643
Ibroe2k11

Likes (Received): 149

Underutilised or not. Do we need to wait until the terminal becomes really congested to build a new terminal? AK needs to expand and unlike MH, the gov would hardly bail AK out if it faces similar MH problems. So what is the fuss then? I have no objection with project.

Boggleboy liked this post
Ibroe2k11 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 21st, 2017, 06:42 AM   #644
tbc

Likes (Received): 166

I'm sure it's not the first time we're seeing those pictures for proposed LCCT @KCH
Wonder if AK's ambitions are as aggressive as the architect's vision - nine widebody plus seven narrowbody gates with fleet of A380s; choice of the A340s a bit dubious though, will there still be any flying examples left by the time construction completes. Surely it's a bit of an overkill
tbc está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old August 21st, 2017, 10:53 AM   #645
BorneanWingz

Likes (Received): 100

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbc View Post
choice of the A340s a bit dubious though, will there still be any flying examples left by the time construction completes.
Well, if the oil price remains like now or lower (which is unlikely in my opinion), what Peter Bellew said in his interview with CAPA (ie. you might still see A340s flying around in the future) can still be true...

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbc View Post
Surely it's a bit of an overkill
it definitely is
BorneanWingz no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 21st, 2017, 12:51 PM   #646
tbc

Likes (Received): 166

Quote:
Originally Posted by BorneanWingz View Post
Well, if the oil price remains like now or lower (which is unlikely in my opinion), what Peter Bellew said in his interview with CAPA (ie. you might still see A340s flying around in the future) can still be true...
Fuel is only part of the equation though
Those remaining birds are not getting any younger, meaning it's going to get progressively costlier to keep them airworthy and their reliability will be going downhill too. Sort of grand recipe for disaster for a LCC
Plus, are there many routes (viable ones) requiring range of an A340 (particularly the -300 version) which the newer birds now available cannot perform at lower cost and reliability ?
Sorry, I digress .....
tbc está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old August 25th, 2017, 07:58 PM   #647
bumbleserpent94

Likes (Received): 10

The A340s are known to be fuel guzzlers. I highly doubt we'll be seeing any new airline let alone an existing LCC to be taking up any of those birds. Tony seems to be interested in the new Bombardier C Series and apparently it has close to STOL capabilities. MASWings takeover in the future perhaps?
bumbleserpent94 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 29th, 2017, 04:10 PM   #648
atmapgnew

Likes (Received): 2148

For info;

1H 2-17 pax numbers for KCH is 2,490,640

Sourced from MoT

atmapgnew está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote