search the site
 daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Continental Forums > OZScrapers > Local Projects & Discussions > Queensland

Queensland » Gold Coast | Regional Queensland

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old Yesterday, 02:07 PM   #3161
how_good_is_he

Likes (Received): 20

What Meriton did at Southport with the pastel coloured buildings is ghastly. Their ones at Broadbeach & Surfers -ie Solaris were very average. Yet their Brisbane towers ie Infinity are world class. Sunlands Abian would be awesome on the GC. Yet GC got Q1, Legends, Sun City. Circle was their best. The best were by smaller developers and I agree look the best ie Soul (Juniper) and Oracle (Nikorofides) (both built by Grollo), Hilton was a Raptis design. The future new GC towers - Jewel, Spirit, Essence, Orion are all by Chinese developers & look v. good. I hope this standard continues.

Last edited by how_good_is_he; Yesterday at 02:13 PM.
how_good_is_he no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old Yesterday, 02:29 PM   #3162
prp002

Likes (Received): 1779

Quote:
Originally Posted by tic View Post
The Meriton buildings in Brisbane are vastly better looking than their Sydney projects. Regarding building standards, what is the source for your statement that the codes are inferior in Qld? I'm not poking a fight, I just want to understand the basis of your statement.
Sorry, not saying QLD standards are bad but Meriton has a track record of ignoring them. And the only way owners find out is if there's a fire audit or some other issue that reveals the sub standard work or defects.
prp002 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 04:23 PM   #3163
TOCC

Likes (Received): 2401

Quote:
Originally Posted by prp002 View Post
Sorry, not saying QLD standards are bad but Meriton has a track record of ignoring them. And the only way owners find out is if there's a fire audit or some other issue that reveals the sub standard work or defects.

I lived in one of the sydney Meriton developments briefly, and I've stayed at Infinity, at a glance the quality of build in the QLD builds was far better then some of his sydney ones. That's been said, it still wasn't a premium development, just not as budget as found in Sydney
TOCC no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
brisbane, tallest